[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser  (Read 127316 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Sam Hauser
« Reply #175 on: May 08, 2015, 07:37:03 AM »
if he's already taking officials he probably wants to make a decision soon.  Hopefully that helps us before too many other schools get involved.

Great point.  Sam should visit these places.  It'll help cement his decision.  Hope he chooses us.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2015, 08:19:23 AM »
Great point.  Sam should visit these places.  It'll help cement his decision.  Hope he chooses us.
He has room for two more official visits.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2015, 09:38:59 AM »

Lot of talk that he will be an early signer. Likely wants to get it all out of the way. His parents seem like pretty swell people too, so that's good that we probably won't have to go through the overbearing parent phase that some recruits bring.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2015, 09:48:57 AM »
His parents seem like pretty swell people too, so that's good that we probably won't have to go through the overbearing parent phase that some recruits bring.
I'm sure the Badger fans will find a way to trash his parents if he commits to MU.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2015, 11:10:35 AM »
I'm sure the Badger fans will find a way to trash his parents if he commits to MU.

Have they even offered yet?  Or let me guess, he doesn't have the grades...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2015, 11:15:17 AM »
Have they even offered yet?  Or let me guess, he doesn't have the grades...

They haven't offered yet. Seems like they're waiting to see what Maverick Rowan does first. When last UW reached out, it seemed like they were saying "wait and we'll tell you if we can find room."
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2015, 11:55:54 AM »
They haven't offered yet. Seems like they're waiting to see what Maverick Rowan does first. When last UW reached out, it seemed like they were saying "wait and we'll tell you if we can find room."

Call me old fashioned, but that's sort of like the "if my first prom choice says no, I'd like to go with you." Screw that. Come to the place that wanted you from the start in Marquette.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2015, 01:30:18 PM »
Call me old fashioned, but that's sort of like the "if my first prom choice says no, I'd like to go with you." Screw that. Come to the place that wanted you from the start in Marquette.

I agree, and I think that will be what ultimately makes Sam's decision for him. At this point, I really think it's either Marquette or Virginia, and I don't think it will take long to find out which it is.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2015, 01:58:13 PM »
It's exciting to think about cheering for a Marquette team featuring so many great state high school players.  Sam would be an excellent fit.  Hope he grows a couple inches this year.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2015, 02:43:20 PM »
It's exciting to think about cheering for a Marquette team featuring so many great state high school players.  Sam would be an excellent fit.  Hope he grows a couple inches this year.

That's what she said

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2015, 10:25:49 AM »
Andy Van Vliet committed to UW.  This means that they have only one scholarship opening for 2016.

http://wisconsin.247sports.com/Bolt/Badgers-Pick-up-Van-Vliet-37216355

My guess is that Sam won't be an option for them since my guess is that they will be looking for for a point guard.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2015, 11:09:31 AM »
Good news for us.  I'd be thrilled if we can get Sam.

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2015, 11:40:57 AM »

Mark Miller @WisBBYearbook 
  ·  5m 5 minutes ago   
Fresh off his official to Virginia over the weekend, Stevens Point junior Sam Hauser (6-6) plans to take an official to Marquette soon.

7 retweets   6 favorites   

 Reply 

 Retweeted 7   

 Favorite 6   

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2015, 12:30:38 PM »

Mark Miller @WisBBYearbook 
  ·  5m 5 minutes ago   
Fresh off his official to Virginia over the weekend, Stevens Point junior Sam Hauser (6-6) plans to take an official to Marquette soon.

7 retweets   6 favorites   

 Reply 

 Retweeted 7   

 Favorite 6   

Fingers crossed for good weather!

ShootinOutWallsofHeartach

• Walk-On
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2015, 01:32:15 PM »
Fingers crossed for good weather!
While I get that you're most likely referring to psychological studies that measure decisions based on day-of-visit weather, I think the whole "UCLA weather advantage" thing is garbage. Basketball and, yes, being students, takes up 95 pct of these kids' lives. I remember being on a Tampa, Florida vacay years ago, and the day of the MU-USF game was so nice, I kept finding my mind wandering about playing golf or going to the beach rather than attending the game, and this would normally be blasphemy for for me, as a hyper avid MU HOOPS junkie. I think Wisconsin weather is actually an advantage for Marquette recruiting: "Hey, come here, and the distraction level is minimalized." Ask Jimmy, Dwyane, Wes, Jae, Steve how much weather meant as a factor in their college choice.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2015, 01:43:47 PM »
While I get that you're most likely referring to psychological studies that measure decisions based on day-of-visit weather, I think the whole "UCLA weather advantage" thing is garbage. Basketball and, yes, being students, takes up 95 pct of these kids' lives. I remember being on a Tampa, Florida vacay years ago, and the day of the MU-USF game was so nice, I kept finding my mind wandering about playing golf or going to the beach rather than attending the game, and this would normally be blasphemy for for me, as a hyper avid MU HOOPS junkie. I think Wisconsin weather is actually an advantage for Marquette recruiting: "Hey, come here, and the distraction level is minimalized." Ask Jimmy, Dwyane, Wes, Jae, Steve how much weather meant as a factor in their college choice.

As Wojo was asked about the weather, did he not say, "Basketball is played inside".  Weather is not a factor as much as you think, playing time, nice practice facility, TV are much more
important and lastly, the biggest question they probably want to hear, can you get me to the NBA?

brandx

« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2015, 02:07:39 PM »

I think he was joking. Sam IS from Wisconsin, after all.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2015, 02:23:51 PM »
I think he was joking. Sam IS from Wisconsin, after all.

Correct!

ShootinOutWallsofHeartach

• Walk-On
« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2015, 08:30:53 PM »
Correct!
Geez I feel stupid. I'm the guy who sees the "Do Not Sit on Fence" sign at my local municipal golf course and always see the self-actualizing/ political meaning over the intended meaning. And yet I couldn't spot your excellent sarcasm, even knowing Sam is a proud Cheesehead. DUH, I'm a real Chumbalone on that one!!

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #194 on: May 14, 2015, 10:44:32 PM »
Sam Hauser is almost at the finish line. The Stevens Point (Wis.) small forward took an official visit to Virginia last week and is set to take one this weekend to Marquette. Scout caught up with Hauser this week to discuss his visit with the Cavaliers and where he stands in his recruitment.

http://virginia.scout.com/story/1546414-hauser-recaps-uva-visit
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

MU82

• All American
« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2015, 11:11:48 PM »
http://virginia.scout.com/story/1546414-hauser-recaps-uva-visit

Virginia sounds great, and the whole thing could come down to whether he wants to stay near home or if he wants the experience of living away from home for a few years.

We always think the prospect of playing at home is a huge advantage in recruiting, but some kids want to experience other parts of the country -- and do it on somebody else's dime.

It would be hard to blame him no matter what he decides.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2015, 09:29:21 AM »
Virginia sounds great, and the whole thing could come down to whether he wants to stay near home or if he wants the experience of living away from home for a few years.

We always think the prospect of playing at home is a huge advantage in recruiting, but some kids want to experience other parts of the country -- and do it on somebody else's dime.

It would be hard to blame him no matter what he decides.

I'd encourage the kid to Charlottesville. Ridiculously beautiful part of the country with a prestigious University that has finally caught its potential to win on the court with TB in charge. Hauser has a great opportunity with the Cavs and should snatch it.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2015, 09:42:55 AM »
I'm as partial to MU as it gets, but Charlottesville and UVA vs. Milwaukee and MU is no contest. Not even close.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2015, 09:47:53 AM »
I'd encourage the kid to Charlottesville. Ridiculously beautiful part of the country with a prestigious University that has finally caught its potential to win on the court with TB in charge. Hauser has a great opportunity with the Cavs and should snatch it.

I'm as partial to MU as it gets, but Charlottesville and UVA vs. Milwaukee and MU is no contest. Not even close.

More self-hatred from MU fans.

Seriously I have been to both places.  Charlottesville is nice.  But some people prefer the urban environment.  And Marquette gives you a very nice education to succeed in society today.  He should go where he is most comfortable.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2015, 09:49:43 AM »
More self-hatred from MU fans.

Seriously I have been to both places.  Charlottesville is nice.  But some people prefer the urban environment.  And Marquette gives you a very nice education to succeed in society today.  He should go where he is most comfortable.

No kidding. And that's not even mentioning the basketball side of things. How many NBA teams are practicing at UVA during the season?

They've had a great run with Bennett, but MU shouldn't be intimidated by Virginia.

feedback