Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NY2LA Summer Jam this week  (Read 6160 times)

BM1090

• All American
NY2LA Summer Jam this week
« on: July 14, 2014, 02:55:23 PM »
Does anyone know if Flory and Heldt will be playing and with what teams? I know Hauser is playing on Wisconsin Academy

BM1090

• All American
Re: NY2LA Summer Jam this week
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:14:36 PM »
Bump in case somebody knows the answer.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:37:20 PM »
Does anyone know if Flory and Heldt will be playing and with what teams? I know Hauser is playing on Wisconsin Academy
Both of their teams are listed as playing this week. This is the tourney where all the big-time coaches show up. Last year, on one of the first days there was Shaka, Bo, Brent, Pitino, Crean, Coach K, Calipari, and Izzo just to name a few. There were a bunch to see Looney if I recall. But there were also a bunch of other big-time recruits from out of the area. As I stated before, the biggest bummer is that there are no roster sheets, so unless you know someone who knows, you just have to ask around about specific players. We sat near Riley Lachance last year and he knew who everyone was and where they were offered, so it was pretty cool having that resource.

If you are there to watch Heldt, know that they are called the Milwaukee Spartans on the tourney lists, but at some NY2LA events they wear Scottie Elite uniforms. Flory plays on Playground Elite -- there are five Playground Elites in 16U this weekend. I believe he plays on Playground Elite - Smith. His teammates include other high-level recruits Juwan McCloud (Germantown) and Kaj Days (Racine).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:11:33 PM by Freeport Warrior »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 09:51:46 PM »
Both of their teams are listed as playing this week. This is the tourney where all the big-time coaches show up. Last year, on one of the first days there was Shaka, Bo, Brent, Pitino, Crean, Coach K, Calipari, and Izzo just to name a few. There were a bunch to see Looney if I recall. But there were also a bunch of other big-time recruits from out of the area. As I stated before, the biggest bummer is that there are no roster sheets, so unless you know someone who knows, you just have to ask around about specific players. We sat near Riley Lachance last year and he knew who everyone was and where they were offered, so it was pretty cool having that resource.

If you are there to watch Heldt, know that they are called the Milwaukee Spartans on the tourney lists, but at some NY2LA events they wear Scottie Pippin All Stars uniforms. Flory plays on Playground Elite -- there are five Playground Elites in 16U this weekend. I believe he plays on Playground Elite - Smith. His teammates include other high-level recruits Juwan McCloud (Germantown) and Kaj Days (Racine).

Thanks, I appreciate it. Wasn't sure if Flory would be playing in 15U or 16U. Any other players/Marquette targets that you would recommend checking out? I'm assuming Noskowiak, Ellenson, and Cheatham will not be there.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 11:29:38 AM »
This story was posted this morning, highlighting some of the players who will be there. http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=2271

Thon Maker from Team Loaded will certainly bring in the coaches. Also VJ King from Lebron's high school and Deng Adel, the Lousiville recruit just to name a few. The very best teams are in SC for Peach Jam. I was hoping Meanstreats from Chicago would be at NY2LA -- they have Paul White (Georgetown) and Charles Matthews (Kentucky) plus many more.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:51:30 AM by Freeport Warrior »

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »
This story was posted this morning, highlighting some of the players who will be there. http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=2271

Thon Maker from Team Loaded will certainly bring in the coaches. Also VJ King from Lebron's high school and Deng Adel, the Lousiville recruit just to name a few. The very best teams are in SC for Peach Jam. I was hoping Meanstreats from Chicago would be at NY2LA -- they have Paul White (Georgetown) and Charles Matthews (Kentucky) plus many more.

Paul White is already signed with Georgetown so I don’t think he will be there. Most likely already on campus…..http://georgetown.247sports.com/Article/Kenner-League-Day-One-Recap-29479165
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 12:09:25 PM by MuMark »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 12:14:31 PM »
Anyone know where Stone and Ellenson are this weekend?  I didn't see their teams at the Pump N Run in Bloomington this weekend either?

Peach Jam?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 12:19:22 PM »
WI Playground Elite @WisconsinPGE  ·  2h
Good Luck to Henry Ellenson | @Hjellenson on competing for the U17 USA National Team!

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 12:22:40 PM »
Anyone know where Stone and Ellenson are this weekend?  I didn't see their teams at the Pump N Run in Bloomington this weekend either?

Peach Jam?

Noskowiak and Ellenson are in an event in Atlanta but not peach jam. Cheatham is in the same event

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 09:08:02 PM »
Posted this in the Hauser thread but maybe it fits better here...

Saw Hauser tonight in Mequon. Looked very good. Silky shot. Probably scored around 24 and was pretty efficient. Heldt had 26 in a sloppy game. Knocked down two or three from beyond the arc. Flory had 21 while playing up a level in a loss.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 09:56:19 PM »

Peach Jam?

Diamond's team plays in Under Armour's league. Playing in Atlanta tonight & the next few days.

Most of the D1 MN tourney games are going to be at the Colin Powell Center in Minneapolis. Number of games at Jefferson, but mostly the younger kids. Will fwd you some info tmrw
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 09:57:36 AM »
Cant make it out today but Heldt's team plays at 3. Hauser 5:20. Flory 6:10 if anyone is interested

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 07:08:54 PM »
Thanks Eagle--can you continue to post game times for our recruits/commits for this weekend.
Will make it out one day this weekend.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 09:09:18 PM »
chili and those in the Twin Cities... D1minnesota.com has addresses, game times, etc. 17's are playing at Colin Powell Center in Minneapolis. Few games are at Bloomington Jefferson

Tomorrow D1 MN 17's play M33M (Mike Miller's org out of TN) at 2:40pm. Borderline top 10 center Skal Labissiere and underrated 6'6" guard Andrew Fleming (Iowa commit - very good player) are in town for them. PS-D1 Minnesota was fka Minnesota Pump N Run. That's the program Wally, Ellwood and Henry each played in (of course Henry ran with WI PGE this year). Regis HS (WI) rising senior Billy Wampler leading the way for this year's team.

Iowa PnR, Illinois Wolverines, Wisconsin Starz, D1 MN 16's (playing up vs. 17's) and 14's among those I'll likely check out.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »
Thanks Eagle--can you continue to post game times for our recruits/commits for this weekend.
Will make it out one day this weekend.

Friday:

Heldt - 12:30 PM
Hauser - 12:30 PM
Flory - 1:50 PM

All the game after that are a single elimination tournament. Times will be determined by where teams finish in group play.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 03:44:46 PM »
First bracket game for Heldt at 7:40