[Today at 12:30:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jamil Wilson  (Read 14297 times)

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
Jamil Wilson
« on: June 26, 2014, 01:22:38 PM »
Just read a tweet from Jake Thomas to Dylan Flood. He wished him good luck in the draft tonight. He was obviously being sarcastic and Flood thanked him for supporting his dreams. Kind of funny coming from Jake, who has just as much a chance to get drafted as Flood. Anyways, this made me think of Jamil and the draft. Can you envision any scenario in which a team would draft him tonight? I don't think so, but all it takes is one team to fall in love with his measurables.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:43:51 PM by Wojo'sMojo »

GGGG

• All American
Re: Jamil Wilson
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:24:12 PM »
Bribery.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 01:25:05 PM »
Just read a tweet from Jake Thomas to Dylan Flood. He wished him good luck in the draft tonight. He was obviously being sarcastic and Flood thanked him for supporting his dreams. Kind of funny coming from Jake who has just as much a chance to get drafted as Flood. Anyways, this made me think of Jamil and the draft. Can you envision any scenario in which a team would draft him tonight? I don't think so, but all it takes is one team to fall in love with his measurables.
Bucks have 3 second rounders.  Unless they trade them, I could see the Bucks taking a chance on him.

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 01:31:42 PM »
No chance.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 01:32:13 PM »
Just read a tweet from Jake Thomas to Dylan Flood. He wished him good luck in the draft tonight. He was obviously being sarcastic and Flood thanked him for supporting his dreams. Kind of funny coming from Jake who has just as much a chance to get drafted as Flood. Anyways, this made me think of Jamil and the draft. Can you envision any scenario in which a team would draft him tonight? I don't think so, but all it takes is one team to fall in love with his measurables.

Not very unusual measurables for the NBA.  Five years of college where he never lived up to those measurables (by NBA standards) makes him less draftable then when he was a HS senior.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 01:33:21 PM »
If the Buzzard had unleashed Jamil his senior year....

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 01:36:07 PM »
Not very unusual measurables for the NBA.  Five years of college where he never lived up to those measurables (by NBA standards) makes him less draftable then when he was a HS senior.

People who gush about Jamil Wilson's measurables stopped measuring him when he was a sophomore in high school.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 01:37:23 PM »
If Crean wouldn't have bolted, he'd use his many NBA connections, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 01:39:30 PM »
I actually believe Gardner has the better shot to be draft than Jamil does

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 01:40:16 PM »
If Crean wouldn't have bolted, he'd use his many NBA connections, aina?

Jamil would definitely have a tryout with either the Ravens or the 49ers as a tight end.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 01:42:07 PM »
Not very unusual measurables for the NBA.  Five years of college where he never lived up to those measurables (by NBA standards) makes him less draftable then when he was a HS senior.

In a recent workout he measured in at 6'8" with a 41 inch vertical and a 7 ft wingspan. I think that would be pretty impressive to NBA gm's? I don't think he's an NBA player, just think someone might fall for measurables and think they can mold him.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 01:43:44 PM »
In a recent workout he measured in at 6'8" with a 41 inch vertical and a 7 ft wingspan. I think that would be pretty impressive to NBA gm's? I don't think he's an NBA player, just think someone might fall for measurables and think they can mold him.

Not quick enough.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 01:51:02 PM »
Jamil would definitely have a tryout with either the Ravens or the 49ers as a tight end.

Cronies like LaRussa, McCarthy, or Maddux coulda found a way, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 01:56:43 PM »

Based on shying away from contact, I doubt it.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 02:25:40 PM »

Actually, if it weren't for his phenomenal vertical, I think Davante would have a legitimate shot at that. Good footwork; soft hands.

Plus, looking at game film, he already knows how to sell a pass interference call...
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 05:11:24 PM »
Actually, if it weren't for his phenomenal vertical, I think Davante would have a legitimate shot at that. Good footwork; soft hands.

Plus, looking at game film, he already knows how to sell a pass interference call...

Davante would make a fantastic lineman (either side).

Awesome feet, understands leverage, spacing, good hands, etc.

I don't know that he could play in the NFL, but he could have played college football, no doubt in my mind.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 05:41:11 PM »
Jamil is a high quality young man. I hope that some team takes a flyer on him tonight. The Bucks should be willing to give a local kid a shot. Would be good PR and he would be a great representative of the team in community relations..  I know all the downside of Jamil from watching these last few years, but he does have some athletic qualities that could be captured.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 06:09:25 PM »
Jamil is a high quality young man. I hope that some team takes a flyer on him tonight. The Bucks should be willing to give a local kid a shot. Would be good PR and he would be a great representative of the team in community relations..  I know all the downside of Jamil from watching these last few years, but he does have some athletic qualities that could be captured.

He'll get an invite to training camp somewhere, but no team is going to use a pick on him

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 06:23:38 PM »
Harlem Globetrotters still draft? I could see them taking a chance on him. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 06:42:20 PM »
He'll get an invite to training camp somewhere, but no team is going to use a pick on him
To be fair he didn't really earn a pick with his play. However, I never understand the logic in drafting some slow soft 7 foot European in the late second round on a wing and a hope  . When instead a team can pick a local good quality guy. Back in the day ,the Pistons would actually draft local guys on that basis, and would pick up players like a Terry Duerod or John Long and it made their team much more fun and  interesting.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 07:28:40 PM »
To be fair he didn't really earn a pick with his play. However, I never understand the logic in drafting some slow soft 7 foot European in the late second round on a wing and a hope  . When instead a team can pick a local good quality guy. Back in the day ,the Pistons would actually draft local guys on that basis, and would pick up players like a Terry Duerod or John Long and it made their team much more fun and  interesting.

Back in the days of the seven round NBA draft, I'm thinkin'.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 07:55:42 PM »
At 57, I have the same chance as Jamil of getting drafted tonight.

Jamil is like Bernard Toone -- lots of talent that was never close to being fully realized. You can try to blame Buzz, but Jamil has only Jamil to blame for his present predicament.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 08:28:14 PM »
No
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2014, 12:29:04 PM »
lots of talent that was never close to being fully realized. You can try to blame Buzz, but Jamil has only Jamil to blame for his present predicament.

I disagree. There was never a tremendous amount of talent. He was a pretty good player with amazing measurables. That "lots of talent" ship sailed after it was never "realized" during his four years at MU.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 12:39:59 PM »
This thread is so precious.

Neither Jamil or Davante will sniff the NBA, let alone the NFL.