[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Real Worst Coaching Job in D1  (Read 8922 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
The Real Worst Coaching Job in D1
« on: June 04, 2014, 05:04:23 PM »
Florida A&M.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/famu/2014/05/14/ncaa-famu-postseason-bans/9087491/

Some highlights of this glamorous position.

14-18 record last season
Haven't posted a winning record since the 2006-2007 season
Currently no coach
University President hired in April
Interim Athletic Director
Postseason ban for 2014-2015 due to low APR scores
"Graduated"  8 players in April
Had 8 players transfer out of the program after the postseason ban was announced
Currently have one scholarship player left from last season. A juco walk on named Greg Nelson who averaged 6.1 mpg and 1.8 ppg last season.
Have no signed recruits for next season.
Are one of four programs at FAMU that are on postseason bans.
University is on the verge of bankruptcy

Seriously don't know who they will get to take over this dumpster fire of a program. It almost seems easier to forfeit next season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: The Real Worst Coaching Job in D1
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 05:19:40 PM »
Hell, give me a scholarship and ill go play for them.

brandx

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 05:48:00 PM »
Florida A&M.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/famu/2014/05/14/ncaa-famu-postseason-bans/9087491/

14-18 record last season
Currently no coach
Had 8 players transfer out of the program after the postseason ban was announced
Currently have one scholarship player left from last season. A juco walk on named Greg Nelson who averaged 6.1 mpg and 1.8 ppg last season.

Seriously don't know who they will get to take over this dumpster fire of a program. It almost seems easier to forfeit next season.

They are positioned perfectly. Will be asked to join the SEC soon.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 06:06:29 PM »
Give me a full ride and I'll go play. Or give me a 6 digit salary and I'll go coach them.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 06:23:43 PM »
They're going to find 13 grad students.

leever

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 10:56:03 AM »
Give me a full ride and I'll go play. Or give me a 6 digit salary and I'll go coach them.

2 digits right of the decimal point?

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 11:47:58 AM »
Florida A&M.

14-18 record last season
Currently no coach

But hey, let's build better road access.

http://www.talgov.com/famuway/famuway.aspx
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 12:03:20 PM »
So what does the City of Tallahassee providing better access for the University have to do with its basketball program?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 12:14:24 PM »
Sorry: 17-15 with the talent there is the worst job.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 01:04:43 PM »
So what does the City of Tallahassee providing better access for the University have to do with its basketball program?

Sorry, I should have provided more info with that, but I clicked reply to quickly. 

I work with several contractors that have worked/are working on university controlled construction projects on FAMU's campus, and they are amazed by the level of corruption, dishonesty, and general lack of organization that occurs. And the project I linked is not university controlled, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the post about the Rattlers.

So, it has nothing to do with the basketball program.  My apologies.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 01:12:44 PM »

Sorry, I should have provided more info with that, but I clicked reply to quickly. 

I work with several contractors that have worked/are working on university controlled construction projects on FAMU's campus, and they are amazed by the level of corruption, dishonesty, and general lack of organization that occurs. And the project I linked is not university controlled, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the post about the Rattlers.

So, it has nothing to do with the basketball program.  My apologies.

Oh that makes sense.  A lot of HBCUs are very poorly run organizations.  They are not wealthy and really can't attract a lot of good leadership because of that.  It's a shame because many of them have always been part of division one, but most of them should drop back or drop sports all together.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 02:53:12 PM »
Sorry: 17-15 with the talent there is the worst job.

I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that Marquette is the worst coaching job in America?
TAMU

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 04:05:14 PM »
I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that Marquette is the worst coaching job in America?
Sorry. I will spell it out more specifically: The worst coaching last year was El Buzzo and his 17-15 performance with very good talent. And I know that the thread started as the worst gig.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 08:53:49 PM »
Sorry. I will spell it out more specifically: The worst coaching last year was El Buzzo and his 17-15 performance with very good talent. And I know that the thread started as the worst gig.

Ah so your obsession continues
TAMU

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2014, 09:10:44 PM »
Ah so your obsession continues

Reading those quotes reminds me why he is the only one I have on ignore.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 09:58:12 AM »
I'll see your Florida A&M and raise you a Grambling.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 12:58:35 AM »
Is Paul Hewitt still coaching Georiga Tech?

Oh, he's gone and has been for a few years now? Oh my bad. Well, I don't care I still vote for him...

By far the most underachieving son of a gun with the most to work with in NCAA history in my opinion.

I would have to say the Cincinatti Bearcats guy or Martin from K-State or did he move on? Well, whatever team he coaches he does a bad job.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 01:05:43 AM »
That is BS. MU is NOT the worse coaching job in America. I am not even sure what they are using to qualify that. The coaching itself or the way the University is set up at the time?

Is it coaching on the bench, or the job in general? One can make a case for one over the other, but not both or even if they add perception in there as well because the MU coaching job cannot even rightfully be consider or even percieved to be the worse in the country for anyone.   

MU I said just last year with the best coaching job in America and the most underratted. Lets tell that reporte to stop dwelling on the past and move forward. It's a new day.

It is like some reporter was just waiting for MU to fall to trash them just to create a story.

Pick any team in the NIT and you could say that team had the worse coaching job in the country.

Close this if you are trashing MU or ripping Buzz. We should be really thankful on how he carried on and excelled the MU Brand in the NBA and with all his players who played for him and this University who are playing overseas internationally who take MU wherever they go and who give shot outs to MU in those places due to Buzz's leadership and his standard of Excellence and Service here for those years.

Don't make me type off the great names he has helped develop right in front of us! Just leave him be.

This is by far one of the best coaching jobs in the country due to what Crean and Buzz have built from Conferenc USA to the Big East to the New Big East...that article is rubbish.  
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:09:55 AM by MUHoopsFan2 »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 06:24:15 AM »

Oh, he's gone and has been for a few years now? Oh my bad. Well, I don't care I still vote for him...

By far the most underachieving son of a gun with the most to work with in NCAA history in my opinion.

I would have to say the Cincinatti Bearcats guy or Martin from K-State or did he move on? Well, whatever team he coaches he does a bad job.

Paul Hewitt has been at George Mason for three seasons.  They won 11 games last year.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 06:45:39 AM »

The Cincinnati Bearcats guy is Mick Cronin.  The bad job he did this year included a 27-7 record and a final AP ranking of 15.  Sucks to be a Bearcats fan.

Frank Martin now coaches South Carolina.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 11:44:37 AM »
In case anyone is curious, Florida A&M did find a head coach. Byron Samuels, a front office guy from the University of Georgia. Was formerly a  head coach at Radford and Hampton. He somehow got 4 commitments in a bit 4 days. So they now have 5 players and can at least field a team!
TAMU

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 12:38:13 PM »
In case anyone is curious, Florida A&M did find a head coach. Byron Samuels, a front office guy from the University of Georgia. Was formerly a  head coach at Radford and Hampton. He somehow got 4 commitments in a bit 4 days. So they now have 5 players and can at least field a team!

Might want to use walking boots as a preventive measure.

feedback