collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Northwestern, DePaul agree to five-year basketball series  (Read 1131 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Northwestern, DePaul agree to five-year basketball series
« on: June 02, 2014, 03:57:39 PM »
Northwestern, DePaul agree to five-year basketball series

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20140602/BLOGS04/140609992/northwestern-depaul-agree-to-five-year-basketball-series?r=7666I3085245D7R

Northwestern and DePaul will square off on the hardwood in five straight seasons beginning with the 2015-16 campaign, the schools announced today.

NU will host two of the games at Welsh-Ryan Arena, while DePaul, which is set to have a new arena for the 2016-17 season, will host three.

The schools were slated to play in the upcoming 2014-15 season but could not find a date that worked for both schools.

"As a Chicago native, I think it's terrific for basketball in the area to have Northwestern and DePaul play one another," Northwestern head coach Chris Collins said in a statement. "There have been some great games between the teams over the years and we look forward to that continuing."

The Wildcats have played the Blue Demons in basketball 30 times in school history, more than any other non-conference opponent except Notre Dame (88). The two have split their last 14 meetings since 1987.

The games are tentatively scheduled for mid-December of each season, but a DePaul spokesman said it remains to be seen whether any of them will be part of the new early season Gavitt Tipoff Games showdown featuring eight games annually between Big Ten and Big East schools.

JWags85

• All American
Re: Northwestern, DePaul agree to five-year basketball series
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 09:23:17 AM »
Good on them.  I see this as a positive for both programs, at least from a potential marketing standpoint.

Why doesn't Marquette schedule a mini tournament with UW, UWGB, and UWM every year?  It would be great for basketball in the state.

brandx

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 11:27:09 AM »
The NBA scouts are drooling already.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 11:31:46 AM »
Good on them.  I see this as a positive for both programs, at least from a potential marketing standpoint.

Why doesn't Marquette schedule a mini tournament with UW, UWGB, and UWM every year?  It would be great for basketball in the state.

THEY COULD EVEN PLAY IT IN MILLER PARK!!!!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 02:53:12 PM »

Sad part is we probably would've lost to UWM and UWGB last year.
Maigh Eo for Sam