[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: udpride.com, the free Dayton Flyers message board, is back open to new members  (Read 8788 times)

muscoopdayton

• Walk-On
http://www.udpride.com/forums/register.php

New member registration had been closed for around 2-3 years due to trolls.

I know that there was at least one person here, and maybe even a few people here, that posted that they wanted to post on that board.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 03:24:24 PM by muscoopdayton »

GGGG

• All American
I just smiled...a smirk actually...

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Is he groveling or is that for us to do while crawling to Valhalla?

Death on call

barfolomew

• All American
Holy balls, are they ever paranoid!
They make our mods look like the Jeff Spicoli of fan boards:

Any moles (non University of Dayton fans) registering with identities that impersonate University of Dayton fans, administrators, players, or coaches on UDPride Discussion Forums, including but not limited to the use of names or abbreviations of past or present UD players, coaches, landmarks, call letters, logotypes, avatars, signatures, or other references relating to the University of Dayton, in whole or in part, for the purpose of compromising discussion and concealing allegiance to another team or identity is strictly prohibited and will result in permanent account de-activation and a permanent IP address block.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
They make our mods look like the Jeff Spicoli of fan boards

Rocky getting tough with Hoopaloop

Death on call

muscoopdayton

• Walk-On
Holy balls, are they ever paranoid!
They make our mods look like the Jeff Spicoli of fan boards:

Any moles (non University of Dayton fans) registering with identities that impersonate University of Dayton fans, administrators, players, or coaches on UDPride Discussion Forums, including but not limited to the use of names or abbreviations of past or present UD players, coaches, landmarks, call letters, logotypes, avatars, signatures, or other references relating to the University of Dayton, in whole or in part, for the purpose of compromising discussion and concealing allegiance to another team or identity is strictly prohibited and will result in permanent account de-activation and a permanent IP address block.

Yes, I agree, in my opinion, their rules are very strict.

I mean, it's a message board, loosen up a bit, there is nothing wrong with people having a little fun.  If somebody starts to get out of line, then warn them, and then if they keep it up, ban them temporarily.  I can't imagine that trolls are that big of a problem.

And you have to have a .org, .edu, or a .com business email address to register.  I can't really think of any way to anonymously get around that other than to register your own domain on godaddy.com or something.

Overall, I think all these rules are over the top.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 05:30:52 PM by muscoopdayton »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
http://www.udpride.com/forums/register.php

New member registration had been closed for around 2-3 years due to trolls.

I know that there was at least one person here, and maybe even a few people here, that posted that they wanted to post on that board.

I have to ask.  How did you find out?  Hopefully, you haven't been checking daily to see if the door had creaked open.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

reinko

• All American
Looking forward to a UDPTM registering.

🏀

• All American
Looking forward to a UDPTM registering.

Just found a '92 Cavalier in the Jewel parking lot, minimal rust. Snapped a pic of me leaning against the hood with a REM hoodie on.

Perfect avatar picture for UDPTM.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 01:50:36 PM by PTM »

feedback