Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Per Twitter: Coach Wojo is busy...  (Read 26493 times)

Trader

• Walk-On
Per Twitter: Coach Wojo is busy...
« on: May 02, 2014, 06:19:44 PM »
Per Verbal Commits:  Haanif Cheatham, Class of 2015 SG playing for Nike Team Florida (FL), picked up an offer from Marquette today

And per his own Twitter...5 star big Caleb Swanigan (6 ft 8 in, 275 lbs) has also been offered....

mr.MUskie

• All American
Re: Per Twitter: Coach Wojo is busy...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 06:33:05 PM »
Per Verbal Commits:  Haanif Cheatham, Class of 2015 SG playing for Nike Team Florida (FL), picked up an offer from Marquette today

And per his own Twitter...5 star big Caleb Swanigan (6 ft 8 in, 275 lbs) has also been offered....

Listed on twitter the coaches who have offered. For MU he listed Coach Buzz Williams. Later said My mistake. I meant Coach Wojo.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 06:34:11 PM »
But are they traditionals?

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 06:43:58 PM »
pretty sure I thought this board said he was sitting on his ass and not recruiting cause nobody heard who he was recruiting?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 08:59:52 PM »
But are they traditionals?

Can we stop this, please?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 09:06:25 PM »

Thank you Mr. Sterling
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 09:47:59 PM »

Swanigan is class of 2016 from Ft. Wayne and is Davante 2.0.

"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 09:52:04 PM »

Well I am ok with "D"avante 2.0, just don't need another _avante.  ; )  Just kidding. 

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 09:54:16 PM »
pretty sure I thought this board said he was sitting on his ass and not recruiting cause nobody heard who he was recruiting?
well he did refuse to fly to georgia to meet with hill simply because a little air traffic around the master's...

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 09:57:34 PM »

+1. Nothing against jesmu84. This just has run it's course.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 10:07:03 PM »
Last summer re: Swanigan

Quote from: LateNightHoops.com
Caleb Swanigan 2016
6’8” F/C | Indiana Elite; Spiece

Swanigan is also an excellent offensive tackle and looks to be around 270-280 pounds. Nonetheless, he is very active running the floor, rebounding and scoring. His rebounding percentages with Indy Spiece in EYBL play this year were strong (12% OR, 21% DR, 17 TotalReb). No doubt that he takes up a lot of space which helps in rebounding, but he shows hunger for the ball on both sides of the floor and has very good hands.

Has some range on his shot, but down low is where he does his best work. Caleb frequently used spin moves to twirl past his defender(s) and to the bucket, almost looking like a defensive lineman spinning from a blocker in pursuit of the quarterback.

Attracts contact and can score through it. He’s not Davante Gardner, but besides physical similarities the special touch around the basket both players possess and even some of their mannerisms are comparable. Swanigan is a better defensive rebounder. Very entertaining 2016 prospect and a guy who will score points and bring down a lot of rebounds in college.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 10:31:12 PM »
Is Swanigan the son of the same dude that played at ND?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 10:55:38 PM »
Is Swanigan the son of the same dude that played at ND?

You thinking of SwanAgan? Harold.. Class of '02.

(No.)

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 11:54:59 PM »

Thank you Mr. Sterling

I think that your avatar has conked itself in the head with that tomahawk.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 09:10:03 AM »
Last summer re: Swanigan

And 15 seconds on Google yields some more recent news:

CBS Sports: Sophomore big man Caleb Swanigan dominates inside

Fort Wayne News-Sentinal: Homestead's Swanigan weighing college options

Fort Wayen Journal-Gazette: College interest in Swanigan is growing

Not really. He's a significantly better prospect at this stage of his career, a 5-star ranked 13th to 16th in his class and picking up interest from the likes of Indiana, MSU, Georgetown.   Gardner was a 2-star with interest from South Florida.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 10:04:37 AM »
well he did refuse to fly to georgia to meet with hill simply because a little air traffic around the master's...

There's sarcasm I may not be picking up here... right?

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 06:26:39 PM »
And 15 seconds on Google yields some more recent news:

CBS Sports: Sophomore big man Caleb Swanigan dominates inside

Fort Wayne News-Sentinal: Homestead's Swanigan weighing college options

Fort Wayen Journal-Gazette: College interest in Swanigan is growing

Not really. He's a significantly better prospect at this stage of his career, a 5-star ranked 13th to 16th in his class and picking up interest from the likes of Indiana, MSU, Georgetown.   Gardner was a 2-star with interest from South Florida.

I said he's Davante 2.0 to indicate his game is closest to Gardner's than any other recent Marquette player. Sorry if my over-simple assessment was offensive to your vast knowledge of basketball.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 07:46:33 AM »
I said he's Davante 2.0 to indicate his game is closest to Gardner's than any other recent Marquette player. Sorry if my over-simple assessment was offensive to your vast knowledge of basketball.

Don't mind Equalizer. Last summer LNH had said there are some similarities between Swanigan and Davante; therefore, Equalizer is going to rant against that claim no matter who says it. He's a tormented soul.

Davante was a very unique player - but agree, some similarities b/w Caleb and him. Only a '16, Swanigan is starting to have success working on his body - interesting to see how he looks as a frosh on a college campus. I think he'll be a fan favorite and impact player.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 07:49:49 AM »

Not to mention that Davante, while only a 2-star prospect, ended up having something more like a 4-star career.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 08:32:49 AM »
There's sarcasm I may not be picking up here... right?

Exactly right.  When the board was hand wringing over whether Hill would stay, there were posts about how Wojo should hop right on the private jet and fly to Augusta to show Hill the love like Buzz did.  Those was answered by posts saying that air traffic into Augusta would be almost impossible due to corporate jets flying down to their small airport due to the Masters Golf Tournament.  Predictably, debate ensued 

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 09:20:18 AM »
yeah, I got what you were implying. I don't think "equalizer" wanted to get it so he could get his dig in and look superior....which he doesn't.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2014, 06:47:10 PM »
Don't mind Equalizer. Last summer LNH had said there are some similarities between Swanigan and Davante; therefore, Equalizer s going to rant against that claim no matter who says it. He's a tormented soul.

Funny you're defending Heavy Gear, because that LNH post you cited flat out said: "He's not Davante Gardner", which was essentially my point.

I didn't claim there weren't similarites--I claimed that Swanigan is a significantly better prospect that Gardner was, and not "Gardner 2.0".

I'm going to stand by my statment that Swanigan is NOT Davante 2.0--and I can't think of a higher authority than "Late Night Hoops", which flat out said Swanigan "is not Davante Gardner." 

For the record I did not write that LNH post, even though it supports what I wrote here.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »

Oh, no.  Please, forgive me for having a different opinion than you.  I should know better than to share my opinions
on a message board designed for the express purpose of sharing opinions. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2014, 08:19:44 PM »

Hold on...no one seriously suggested that right?

MUchamp22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 12:09:41 AM »
Wojo's been going to work on the recruiting trail and it seems to be paying off
Here are all the offers we have out for 2015:

http://marquette.247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/Offers