[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Donald might finally get the boot  (Read 7076 times)

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
Re: The Donald might finally get the boot
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 06:07:24 PM »
Hey look, a well-reasoned, thought out discussion about the Sterling situation free of partisa...

Moving on, I'm curious about the multitude of donations to these organizations.  Is this his way of rectifying his views in his mind?  Blood money, if you will?  Because I find it so bizarre that you would repeatedly denigrate people while throwing money at the NAACP.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2014, 06:46:15 PM »

My sister is a registered Republican since 1990, has never voted Republican in her life and gives exclusively to Democrats.  According to reports out here, he was up for a bundling award for Dem candidates next month.  More to come, I'm sure.

NAACP is returning his donation money....which was the whole reason he got the lifetime achievement award the first time 6 years ago.

He donated $35K to the Museum of Tolerance out here in L.A., they haven't said if they are returning.  Another $50K to the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) which they have indicated they will not return the donation.  $50K to the Black Business Association (BBA), they had no comment.

First off,  why don't you let the poster I quoted answer  for himself.   Secondly,  Hesie's post was about the hypocrisy of media,  and why Bundy and Sterling are treated are differently, but his whole argument is based off the false pretense that Sterling is this huge Hollywood liberal Democrat,  when clearly he isn't. 

He clearly got duped by the narrative Drudge,  Newsbusters,  the Daily Caller,  and Hannity were promoting. 

As to other donations,  they have nothing to do with this discussion,  so why bother bringing them up?  Just stick to what people say,  and respond to that,  it's really not that hard.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2014, 06:52:14 PM »
First off,  why don't you let the poster I quoted answer  for himself.   Secondly,  Hesie's post was about the hypocrisy of media,  and why Bundy and Sterling are treated are differently, but his whole argument is based off the false pretense that Sterling is this huge Hollywood liberal Democrat,  when clearly he isn't. 

He clearly got duped by the narrative Drudge,  Newsbusters,  the Daily Caller,  and Hannity were promoting. 

As to other donations,  they have nothing to do with this discussion,  so why bother bringing them up?  Just stick to what people say,  and respond to that,  it's really not that hard.

Don't you know that Chicos' personal anecdotes trump all else in any argument? Give up man, you already lost when he trotted out the story about his sister's voting/donating habits.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2014, 06:57:12 PM »

In the course of the discussion here and the other thread, we have been talking about donations to the NAACP among others.  Seems it was more than appropriate to bring up now that those organizations are reporting about what they plan on doing with them.

My apologies on answering for the other poster, but since I also brought up the political donations I obliged.

Peace

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2014, 07:00:39 PM »
Don't you know that Chicos' personal anecdotes trump all else in any argument? Give up man, you already lost when he trotted out the story about his sister's voting/donating habits.

Nope, but when one person exclusively donates to one party and donates a ton to certain ideological groups, yet is "registered" to a different party...it is interesting.  Some would say follow the money.  Some estimates this morning top over $1M in total over the years to select groups.  I'm sure the more that is unearthed will show donations to the other side.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2014, 07:36:19 PM »
I think I was pretty clear that what he said was stupid.  I just don't like some of the heavy editing that goes on...

"Heavy editing?"  They cut out the front and the back.  Whoa!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2014, 11:07:03 PM »
"Heavy editing?"  They cut out the front and the back.  Whoa!

In this case, you are correct...my heavy editing comment was a generalization, partly tied to the famous 911 editing of TM case.  Now, having said that, removing the front and the back isn't exactly providing the entire picture either.  Makes one wonder why they choose to do this.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2014, 07:37:29 AM »
I say the same thing about our borders....seems lots of free loading going on and only some of us have to pay for it.

I don't even know what that means, but this is turning far away from the comments of the Clippers owner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2014, 09:20:27 AM »
In this case, you are correct...my heavy editing comment was a generalization, partly tied to the famous 911 editing of TM case.  Now, having said that, removing the front and the back isn't exactly providing the entire picture either.  Makes one wonder why they choose to do this.

I don't know.

But as I said, keeping the front and the back on doesn't make his comments any better.

sv48

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2014, 01:45:04 PM »
Just suspended him for life, and a $2.5 million dollar fine. Get ready for the lawsuits.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10857580/donald-sterling-los-angeles-clippers-owner-receives-life-ban-nba

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »
Get ready for the lawsuits.

Unlikely.
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10852199/challenge-donald-sterling

Frankly, I'm interested in the possibility of a sale.  Does the Seattle group get their best shot with a team that has long been in the shadow of the Lakers?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2014, 02:03:23 PM »
not before the NBA can hold Milwaukee hostage for a new arena