[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bucks Sold  (Read 9116 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Bucks Sold
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2014, 07:17:29 AM »
Can Hartford support a major league franchise? I mean, it has what? 14, 15 thousand people? Or are you including Kewauskum?

Is there really a Hartford, WI?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2014, 08:50:40 AM »

it even has its own huge mineshaft  ;)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2014, 09:09:30 AM »
Back to the Brewers & Bucks...in 2001 the Brewers sent their Sausage Mascots down to Water & Wisconsin wearing Bucks jerseys during the lunch hour in April & May trying to piggy back on Bucks Fever.  SI or ESPN called Bucks fans the best in the league (a slap in the face to Arco, btw).  Bucks games were sold out.  Even in the flop season of 2002 tickets were very, very hard to come by. 

Milwaukee is a front running town.  Win and they're in and they're in big.  Support of the Bucks, given a better product, is a  given.  I think the NHL would face a long road here.  This is not Minnesota, hockey is a foreign sport to most.

There are elements of "front running" in any fanbase.  I think the problem that Brewers fans had from about the mid 90s until about 2010, and that Bucks fans have now, isn't just that they were bad...but there was/is no hope.  When you are *so* bad for *so* long, most fans are going to find something else better to do with their time.

The truly diehard, show up no matter what, fanbases are the exceptions to the rule. 

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2014, 01:43:56 PM »

There are elements of "front running" in any fanbase.  I think the problem that Brewers fans had from about the mid 90s until about 2010, and that Bucks fans have now, isn't just that they were bad...but there was/is no hope.  When you are *so* bad for *so* long, most fans are going to find something else better to do with their time.

The truly diehard, show up no matter what, fanbases are the exceptions to the rule. 

I would agree.  I obviously contradict myself by saying the NHL would have a hard road here.  I think given equal teams, the NBA would out draw the NHL in Milwaukee.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2014, 03:00:12 PM »

Miami would disagree with you.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2014, 06:00:23 PM »

Yea. One of the guys who stood up at the wedding is from there. Nice little place, actually.

Death on call