[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: brewcity 77  (Read 7126 times)

tower912

• All American
brewcity 77
« on: April 14, 2014, 06:01:10 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
Re: brewcity 77
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 06:09:55 PM »
I just saw this and read about it. So they gave him a job as a writer...that's good for him. I always felt like he was very knowledgeable. I wonder if they will make Sultan a writer next  :o

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 06:40:56 PM »
http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?653-December-Dreaming-Non-Con-Opponents-Worth-a-Look

In case you were wondering what he is up to........

Why in the world would he be advocating playing games against Incarnate Word who doesn't even have an RPI rank and Hartford with a 261. Didn't this year show us what can happen when you play bottom feeders like that?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 07:02:48 PM »
http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?653-December-Dreaming-Non-Con-Opponents-Worth-a-Look

In case you were wondering what he is up to........

Not really...but if they are looking for some occasional good analysis they'll get it from Brew...but then again there is a whole lot of idiocy he puts out to...as evidenced by my signature...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 07:28:17 PM »
Why in the world would he be advocating playing games against Incarnate Word who doesn't even have an RPI rank and Hartford with a 261. Didn't this year show us what can happen when you play bottom feeders like that?

Incarnate word is not eligible for the ncaa tourney for five years because they just joined D1. Surprisingly, you're better off playing a team like Incarnate Word that has no RPI than you are a team in the bottom 50 ( say 300+). If your lowest buy game is Hartford with an RPI of 261, RPI is going to treat you very we'll playing in the big east. Our RPI was killed by teams with 300+ RPIs with year, we'll that and finishing the season 0-4.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 08:40:47 PM »
Here's one for next season that should be good on the RPI.  Yale.  The made it to the CIT final this year and had no chance to win when their best player got injured the previous game.  Their best player is only a Sophomore so they should be decent again next year.  This past season they played Providence and only lost by 2 points.  They a choked a game at Rutgers at the RAC and ended up loosing by a point.  They also beat Harvard once.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 09:12:57 PM »
Well, at least some are thinking through the paths to avoid the sad scheduling of last year.  Five 300+ RPI teams to Butler's three and every other Big East team having zero or one.  Not an accident, not bad luck, not the fault of the Gregorian calendar presenting limited dates.  Deciding to throw money at everything but be cheap for these games, or perhaps just simply not thinking through this very thing and identifying appropriate targets early.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 10:18:58 PM »
Deciding to throw money at everything but be cheap for these games, or perhaps just simply not thinking through this very thing and identifying appropriate targets early.

The drop in salaries for the coaching staff should be itself be more than enough to make money no object for better buy games. Hell, I'd even support MU throwing a crisp fiver Brew's way for putting in the time on this. Interesting stuff.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 06:02:35 AM »
Not really...but if they are looking for some occasional good analysis they'll get it from Brew...but then again there is a whole lot of idiocy he puts out to...as evidenced by my signature...

Ners you REALLY want to play that card with some of your posting history?  Arguing with Mac about LW's role with the aircraft carrier game,  claiming CBB ran off some very good posters,  when in fact it was you...

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 07:09:33 AM »
Ners you REALLY want to play that card with some of your posting history?  Arguing with Mac about LW's role with the aircraft carrier game,  claiming CBB ran off some very good posters,  when in fact it was you...
Give me a fricken break. If posters leave because of other posters then good riddance, get the hell out. How immature and arrogant can you get. In my mind scoop is a better place without brew and the others. All the grandstanding about leaving scoop is worse than a 6 year old saying "if I don't get my way, I am taking my ball and going home"

reinko

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 07:50:53 AM »
Give me a fricken break. If posters leave because of other posters then good riddance, get the hell out. How immature and arrogant can you get. In my mind scoop is a better place without brew and the others. All the grandstanding about leaving scoop is worse than a 6 year old saying "if I don't get my way, I am taking my ball and going home"

I am not talking about Brew, Sultan, TT...the name of the poster is escaping me, but it was maybe about 18 months ago, and the guy was LOCKED into MU recruiting, a great source, and a fantastic poster who added a ton of value to the board. 

So yes, when a handful of people post in ways that drive out folks that add value and insight to the hundreds of other readers, quality is sacrificed.  This board used to be about 70% solid MU talk that was constructive, 20% jackassaery, and 10% emotional outburst, infighting, and dick swinging contests.  It is clear there has been shift of less constructive MU talk, and more infighting between posters (on both sides), more name calling and nastiness towards players and coaches.  Just a matter of time this turns into a giant JSOnline comment type board.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 07:53:27 AM »
I am not talking about Brew, Sultan, TT...the name of the poster is escaping me, but it was maybe about 18 months ago, and the guy was LOCKED into MU recruiting, a great source, and a fantastic poster who added a ton of value to the board. 

So yes, when a handful of people post in ways that drive out folks that add value and insight to the hundreds of other readers, quality is sacrificed.  This board used to be about 70% solid MU talk that was constructive, 20% jackassaery, and 10% emotional outburst, infighting, and dick swinging contests.  It is clear there has been shift of less constructive MU talk, and more infighting between posters (on both sides), more name calling and nastiness towards players and coaches.  Just a matter of time this turns into a giant JSOnline comment type board.

BMA

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 07:54:37 AM »

Don't forget the quantity over quality posters that have emerged since Shaka Watch that have been completely unbearable.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 07:58:23 AM »

It's funny you call those posters 'arrogant and immature' when it's those two traits driving people away from here. Never been as embarrassed to be affiliated with this place after Buzz left. As a person that personally directed people here as a place for MU Hoops, I can't do that anymore.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 07:59:48 AM »
The upside of having a free, open board where the mods only step in when absolutely necessary is that everyone is welcome and can have their say.     The downside is when the jackholes reach critical mass, some of the more knowledgeable, interesting, connected, level-headed posters walk.   I agree with PTM in that I don't tell people to come here anymore.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 08:07:17 AM »
It's funny you call those posters 'arrogant and immature' when it's those two traits driving people away from here. Never been as embarrassed to be affiliated with this place after Buzz left. As a person that personally directed people here as a place for MU Hoops, I can't do that anymore.
I have learned to filter out the bullchit. There are periods of time when I dont read or post. My issue is the grandstanding about leaving scoop because of xyz. Know one is forcing anyone to be here, if you don't like it leave, why draw attention to yourself as if we are all going to somehow beg you to stay because your insight is so superior.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 08:09:51 AM »

jackassery. Word of the day,

just this kind of post that keeps me coming back

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 08:10:41 AM »
I have learned to filter out the bullchit. There are periods of time when I dont read or post. My issue is the grandstanding about leaving scoop because of xyz. Know one is forcing anyone to be here, if you don't like it leave, why draw attention to yourself as if we are all going to somehow beg you to stay because your insight is so superior.

I'll give you that, grandstanding is ridiculous and you're calling attention to yourself, on the internet.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 08:34:18 AM »
I'll give you that, grandstanding is ridiculous and you're calling attention to yourself, on the internet.

Says the guy who had this in signature for like 6 months.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 08:44:38 AM »

It has been like this since I've joined, so ive always thought this was the norm. Would've loved to have been here at the beginning.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 08:46:30 AM »
The upside of having a free, open board where the mods only step in when absolutely necessary is that everyone is welcome and can have their say.     The downside is when the jackholes reach critical mass, some of the more knowledgeable, interesting, connected, level-headed posters walk.   I agree with PTM in that I don't tell people to come here anymore.   

Just out of curiosity Tower, what keeps you coming back here? You post on the IWB board and I'm just wondering what draws you back here?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 08:52:00 AM »
Says the guy who had this in signature for like 6 months.

I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 08:53:55 AM »
 This board used to be about 70% solid MU talk that was constructive, 20% jackassaery, and 10% emotional outburst, infighting, and dick swinging contests.  

Google Analytics should track this!

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2014, 08:55:49 AM »

BMA was plugged in with Crean...once Crean gone...BMA's info dried up anyway. Chicos as everyone knows is a Crean apologist.  I never had an issue with Crean until Chicos ripped Buzz up and down at every chance, while Buzz was our coach.  The hypocrisy in his posts was alarming, and annoying.  So to recap - BMA/Chicos = Crean connections - thus why one supports the other (BMA ultimately defending Chicos/Crean and going off on me as he did - as I was a Buzz guy and defended Buzz from Chicos relentless attacks.)

I was a HUGE Buzz fan until this year....and was HIGHLY critical of him....I call it like I see it....and knew something was very amiss with Buzz this past season.  His character ultimately got revealed.  When he couldn't have EVERYTHING his way....he pouted, played ridiculous lineups, and left for the armpit of the ACC...took his ball and went home.....just a like a few of the recently departed Scoopers.  When their ridiculous analysis of last year's team and Buzz blew up in their face....they made grand statements about no longer posting here etc., starting threads saying as much....which is just cheesy for one....and two...showed they had about as much of a thick skin as Buzz.  

I'm glad to put my posting record on line with regard to the players potential within the MU program and how things have played out over the course of their careers.  One miss I can own up to is Vander....nothing led me to believe he'd turn into the player he became as a junior...yet he wasn't THAT good as a junior...like this savior/ D-Wade type of talent.  Mayo was better than him this past season if you want to look at virtually every statistical measure there is for a player....yet Buzz played him 23 minutes a game...just one of the many head scratching decisions by Brent Williams last season...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 08:56:05 AM »
Brewcity e-mailed me and asked me the same question, basically trying to recruit me to the IWB premium board.    Basically, this is entertainment for me.  MU hoops is my one internet addiction.   I don't take any of it personally.    I post on the IWB free board occasionally, as well as the scout board.    They aren't nearly as active as this one.    It's fun.    But just because it is fun doesn't mean that stupid shouldn't be challenged.   I don't blame the guys who have left for more civilized places.   I'm just not ready yet.  

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 09:02:36 AM »
Brewcity e-mailed me and asked me the same question, basically trying to recruit me to the IWB premium board.    Basically, this is entertainment for me.  MU hoops is my one internet addiction.   I don't take any of it personally.    I post on the IWB free board occasionally, as well as the scout board.    They aren't nearly as active as this one.    It's fun.    But just because it is fun doesn't mean that stupid shouldn't be challenged.   I don't blame the guys who have left for more civilized places.   I'm just not ready yet.  

Glad you stick around...even with the warts of this board, it is by far the best. I occasionally read the other ones, it only takes about 5 minutes because not very many people post over there.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 09:12:06 AM »
Thanks.   I did take a hiatus from posting right after Buzz left, because I knew what the tone of the board was going to be, remembering how bad it was when Crean left.    I peeked in a couple of times without posting and marveled at the new wave of guys who I had never heard of who were now the experts.     Amazing and amusing.   Times change, boards change.     MU hoops rolls on.   

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 10:59:59 AM »
Anyone who pays for a marquette basketball message board needs to get their head checked. Especially to a guy who called "Done Deal." That's some great inside information.

Scoop has been my home and my home it shall remain. If it goes down to a bunch of new poster jackasses, I will go down with the ship.

I'm also ok with some of the recent departures. I'll leave it at that.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:01:58 AM by Bleuteaux »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 11:33:26 AM »
Anyone who pays for a marquette basketball message board needs to get their head checked. Especially to a guy who called "Done Deal." That's some great inside information.

Scoop has been my home and my home it shall remain. If it goes down to a bunch of new poster jackasses, I will go down with the ship.

Yup. Could do without some of "Shaka Watch" posters. Although pretty much all of them are gone 2 refuse to die out.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 12:45:31 PM »
recruit me to the IWB premium board.

No offense intended to you, tower, but "Recruit?" This speaks volumes about the mentality of people who left in a petulant rage.

This is a site for people who share a passion for MU basketball. And from that commonality flows other forms of discourse. Nobody is an expert on basketball or we wouldn't have day jobs crunching numbers, chasing ambulances, or flying jets.

People need to remember this is about a game. Al put it best when he said that college basketball is nothing more than grown men running around in public in their underwear. This is all meant to be a pleasant diversion form the stuff that really matters.

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 02:32:30 PM »

Nicely stated, Bleu. I'm with ya ... even if I occasionally have to give myself a Derrick Moratorium for my own personal mental health!!
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 02:44:39 PM »
It will be better once the season starts getting close.  Until then though....  :o

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 03:58:10 PM »

Well said, my friend.

Death on call

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • βœ… Verified Member
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 04:22:37 PM »
My ePenis is about 8 feet long.

That's what this thread is about, right?

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 05:18:34 PM »

When things were flying fast and furious around here I remember seeing a few "I'm outta here" posts, but could someone compile a list of the departed? Just curious.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 05:36:25 PM »

When things were flying fast and furious around here I remember seeing a few "I'm outta here" posts, but could someone compile a list of the departed? Just curious.

A veritable Rogue's Gallery of Petulance, Outage, Hubris, Entitlement, or Assumed Intellectual Superiority

Brewcity 77
The Sultan
Tall Titan

Death on call

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 06:00:47 PM »
A veritable Rogue's Gallery of Petulance, Outage, Hubris, Entitlement, or Assumed Intellectual Superiority

Brewcity 77
The Sultan
Tall Titan

Tall Titan still lurks here.  No posts, but he hasn't given scoop up for lent or anything.
Brewcity77 visited yesterday.
I'm pretty certain Sultan is off the reservation.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:04:21 PM by Sir Lawrence »
Ludum habemus.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2014, 06:10:57 PM »
Tall Titan still lurks here.  No posts, but he hasn't given scoop up for lent or anything.

Well, they certainly showed us!

Death on call

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2014, 06:19:03 PM »

Of course. They need to know that we miss their superior intellect and analysis.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2014, 06:27:21 PM »
Of course. They need to know that we miss their superior intellect and analysis.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DtoCw2iOTSc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DtoCw2iOTSc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:29:56 PM by keefe »

Death on call

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 07:28:57 PM »

Brewcity 77
The Sultan
Tall Titan

But you're still here, bro.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2014, 07:50:04 PM »
But you're still here, bro.

"Assumed" not "Assured"

Death on call

TX_AZ_Warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 08:10:02 PM »
Yup. Could do without some of "Shaka Watch" posters. Although pretty much all of them are gone 2 refuse to die out.

Not all are gone just not posting as often

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2014, 09:12:21 PM »
Just want to say, Tall Titan is respect worthy. 
Ludum habemus.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2014, 09:17:01 PM »
Just want to say, Tall Titan is respect worthy.  

I would agree he shouldn't be lumped in with brew and Sultan but he did bolt in a huff like them.  

Unfortunately, a man is judged by the company he keeps or the bar he drinks in.

Death on call

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2014, 09:24:24 AM »
I missed the memo.. Tall Titan .. and Sultan left?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2014, 09:58:55 AM »
I missed the memo.. Tall Titan .. and Sultan left?

Yeah, Titan was tired of the chaos, and I guess so was Sultan, but it might have had more to do with me specifically :)

Titan: http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=42382.msg580209#msg580209

Sultan: http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=42384.msg580349#msg580349

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2014, 10:34:33 AM »
Yeah, Titan was tired of the chaos, and I guess so was Sultan, but it might have had more to do with me specifically :)

Titan: http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=42382.msg580209#msg580209

Sultan: http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=42384.msg580349#msg580349

Keefe's cartoons on both of those threads were absolutely right on. Well done Keefe.

First time I had seen these threads (I was avoiding Scoop for a few days at that time), but Sultan and Titan both come off as whiney, petulant and arrogant. Good riddance.

This board will be fine with out them. They can enjoy their time paying for more "#DoneDeal" inside info

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2014, 07:29:56 AM »
And Sunbelt made a Voice of Reason appeal.