Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Serious suggestion for the mods....  (Read 13816 times)

GGGG

• All American
Serious suggestion for the mods....
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:24:12 PM »
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.

Really, the threads here and the comments reflect very poorly on our fan-base.  One of the Duke boards did something similar after one of their loses for similar reasons.

You are losing too many good posters after a night like this.

mattyv1908

• All American
Re: Serious suggestion for the mods....
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 11:26:42 PM »
Sultan, this may be your low point as far as posts go.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

State Street Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 11:27:50 PM »
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.

Really, the threads here and the comments reflect very poorly on our fan-base.  One of the Duke boards did something similar after one of their loses for similar reasons.

Seconded, if anything have the chat open just during the game as it isn't permanent and can be helpful if you can't watch the game.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 11:29:57 PM »
Seriously...read the posts from the game thread.  Read the topics that have started since the game was done.  Its the same player-bashing crap that happens after every loss.  It's all out of emotion...none of it is rational.

We have to remember, there are family members that read this stuff.  And we are just anonymous goofs sitting behind a computer...but we represent Marquette University.

Honestly if we can't represent Marquette appropriately, I think the forum needs to be taken away from us.

BenCat12

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 11:31:06 PM »

There are some moronic posts that are inexcusable.  But too often with Sultan, "good posters" means kool aid drinkers whom he agrees with.  My advice, don't allow posts like the one on the NIT thread that says, "FU derrick" that is ridiculous.  Too many posters ripping on players instead of the man in charge.  But no need to close down the board.

WarriorGreg1965

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 11:31:33 PM »

I've been a long, long time lurker, and think much of the criticism is justified.  A little harsh on specific players, but there are real weaknesses in Buzz Williams as a game coach (inbounds plays, end of game situations, protecting a late lead, etc).   The Marquette fanbase may blow a collective gasket if some of the same issues rise again next season (they shouldn't but Buzz is so stubborn, they very well might).  And if UW makes a deep run in the NCAA's, while MU is one-and-done in the NIT...?  Gonna be entertaining reading here, that's for sure!

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 11:31:41 PM »
Seriously...read the posts from the game thread.  Read the topics that have started since the game was done.  Its the same player-bashing crap that happens after every loss.  It's all out of emotion...none of it is rational.

We have to remember, there are family members that read this stuff.  And we are just anonymous goofs sitting behind a computer...but we represent Marquette University.

Honestly if we can't represent Marquette appropriately, I think the forum needs to be taken away from us.

In all honesty, I think that 5% of people that actually look at Marquette look for basketball forums. Maybe even less. Sure as hell wasn't a reason I came here.

But Sultan, I for once, agree with what you say about the forum closing.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 11:31:52 PM »
I don't like censorship at all.  I'm also not a mod so its hard for me to tell them what to do since they put all the time and effort into things. 

I do understand SS' sentiment, however. 

Frustrating season with really high expectations which only adds to the frustration. 

Senior day is next.  Big East tournament after. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 11:34:14 PM »
There are some moronic posts that are inexcusable.  But too often with Sultan, "good posters" means kool aid drinkers whom he agrees with. 

Absolutely false.  I have absolutely no problem with people making rational arguments that differ from mine.  At all.

Unbelievable. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 11:35:58 PM »
Sigh.  A lot of stupid posts tonight for sure.  But also a lot of frustration to be vented.  

You know it's going to happen.  If seeing it frustrates you, avoid the board.

"reflect very poorly on our fan-base"

Our fan base is what it is, passionate about basketball.  If you want a tee-ball, "award trophies to everyone" discussion, well...you know where that happens...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 11:38:08 PM »
Sigh.  A lot of stupid posts tonight for sure.  But also a lot of frustration to be vented. 

You know it's going to happen.  If seeing it frustrates you, avoid the board.

Our fan base is what it is, passionate about basketball.  If you want a tee-ball, "award trophies to everyone" discussion, well...you know where that happens...

That is simply crap and a cop out. 

BenCat12

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 11:38:34 PM »

Absolutely false.  I have absolutely no problem with people making rational arguments that differ from mine.  At all.

Unbelievable. 
Most of the time you consider any questioning of Buzz an irrational argument.  Hard for anyone to break through your high standards.  You know I never rip players, yet you always have a problem with my arguments.  Most of which have been validated as the season has gone on.  You're right, it is unbelievable.

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 11:41:35 PM »
How can you seriously suggest shutting down a message board?

Are these kids not receiving a top shelf education free of charge?

Should we not be allowed to acknowledge when they play well?

This is an all time low even for you.  These kids play on a high major division one program.  The criticism here isn't 1/10th of that if we were a real blue blood.  Why don't you leave the board until the following morning if the posts following a very winnable loss upset you?
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 11:41:53 PM »
Most of the time you consider any questioning of Buzz an irrational argument.  Hard for anyone to break through your high standards.  You know I never rip players, yet you always have a problem with my arguments.  Most of which have been validated as the season has gone on.  You're right, it is unbelievable.

I have absolutely no problem with your posts.  I never even considered you to be an embarrassment or irrational.  I may disagree with them however.

brandx

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 11:42:17 PM »
Sigh.  A lot of stupid posts tonight for sure.  But also a lot of frustration to be vented.  

You know it's going to happen.  If seeing it frustrates you, avoid the board.

Our fan base is what it is, passionate about basketball.  If you want a tee-ball, "award trophies to everyone" discussion, well...you know where that happens...

Excellent points. Just think how the players would feel if no one commented on them or the games.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 11:43:49 PM »
How can you seriously suggest shutting down a message board?

Are these kids not receiving a top shelf education free of charge?

Should we not be allowed to acknowledge when they play well?

This is an all time low even for you.  These kids play on a high major division one program.  The criticism here isn't 1/10th of that if we were a real blue blood.  Why don't you leave the board until the following morning if the posts following a very winnable loss upset you?

The fact that they exist upsets me.  The fact that we have whiney, irrational posters upsets me.  And the fact that we have moderators who shed all moderation responsibility bothers me.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 11:44:01 PM »

BS.  Shutting down the boards after a loss would be a unnatural carnal knowledgeing cop out.  Get over yourself.

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 11:45:02 PM »
You're unbelievable.

Let's censor the posts after a loss because it might possibly upset someone.

LOL.

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 11:45:19 PM »
There are some moronic posts that are inexcusable.  But too often with Sultan, "good posters" means kool aid drinkers whom he agrees with.  My advice, don't allow posts like the one on the NIT thread that says, "FU derrick" that is ridiculous.  Too many posters ripping on players instead of the man in charge.  But no need to close down the board.

Yes, the "FU" posts were removed. But, in general, we're going to let you guys bitch and moan. Most posters here are able to vent and do so within the rules, but if you're going to get personal or vulgar expect to be deleted and/or banned.

BenCat12

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 11:45:30 PM »

I have absolutely no problem with your posts.  I never even considered you to be an embarrassment or irrational.  I may disagree with them however.
I agree with you that some posts are ridiculous.  In fact I called for a lifetime ban on one of them awhile ago.  All I have ever said, and have been consistent with, is blame Buzz.  He recruits, signs and coaches the players it is on him.  Don't rip Derrick Wilson because Buzz didn't do a good enough job coaching him up or finding a replacement for him.  That is where we have always, and most likely will always, differ.  The mods need to cut out posts that are personal attacks, but the board does not need to be shut down.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 11:45:47 PM »
I feel that people should be sensitive to family members who read the boards but if their kid gets to the next level, is it okay then?

This team doesn't deserve the sugar coating: it's seniors aren't producing and the freshmen aren't seeing many opportunities.

The love is brutal and honest.

We suck.
SS Marquette

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 11:45:52 PM »

How is that a cop out? It's the truth.

This isn't little league anymore. Everyone doesn't need to play.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 11:47:24 PM »
I agree with you that some posts are ridiculous.  In fact I called for a lifetime ban on one of them awhile ago.  All I have ever said, and have been consistent with, is blame Buzz.  He recruits, signs and coaches the players it is on him.  Don't rip Derrick Wilson because Buzz didn't do a good enough job coaching him up or finding a replacement for him.  That is where we have always, and most likely will always, differ.  The mods need to cut out posts that are personal attacks, but the board does not need to be shut down.

Well, I think it is fair to rip Derrick if he makes costly plays but I do agree it ultimately falls on Buzz. This year he has been a disaster and the way he backs bad players is gross.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 11:47:36 PM »

And the fact that we have moderators who shed all moderation responsibility bothers me.

I'm with you about many of the jokers here, and I feel your pain, but Who's  we? Unless you are somehow forced to be here, the moderators don't owe you a damn thing.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 11:49:15 PM »
BS.  Shutting down the boards after a loss would be a unnatural carnal knowledgeing cop out.  Get over yourself.

Forget it.  I'll give myself a vacation until the season is over.  

I knew you wouldn't accept any responsibility. 

feedback