collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: buzz's first reject lands at ohio state  (Read 5043 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
buzz's first reject lands at ohio state
« on: April 13, 2014, 01:09:33 PM »
well he couldn't have been all that bad if thad motta wanted him...i have a funny feeling buzz may end up regretting this one even though he'll never admit it.  one wonders if there was something personal or what?  i understand his cell phone went off during his 1st meeting and ya never get a chance to make 2nd impression, i guess.  asserting his hierarchy.  kind of like the substitute teacher kicking the garbage can across the room on first day of class

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10776671/trevor-thompson-transfers-virginia-tech-hokies-ohio-state-buckeyes
don't...don't don't don't don't

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: buzz's first reject lands at ohio state
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 01:12:52 PM »
well he couldn't have been all that bad if thad motta wanted him...i have a funny feeling buzz may end up regretting this one even though he'll never admit it.  one wonders if there was something personal or what?  i understand his cell phone went off during his 1st meeting and ya never get a chance to make 2nd impression, i guess.  asserting his hierarchy.  kind of like the substitute teacher kicking the garbage can across the room on first day of class

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10776671/trevor-thompson-transfers-virginia-tech-hokies-ohio-state-buckeyes

Trevor went to Prep school in Delafield WI.  Buzz recruited him for MU two years ago and they just don't like each other.

brandx

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »
And then we wondered why he couldn't recruit bigs.

HE DOESN'T WANT THEM EVEN WHEN THEY ARE HANDED TO HIM!!

brandx

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 01:13:52 PM »
Trevor went to Prep school in Delafield WI.  Buzz recruited him for MU two years ago and they just don't like each other.

A little misleading. Buzz didn't like him and mocked his play.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 02:01:27 PM »
A little misleading. Buzz didn't like him and mocked his play.

Buzz said he thought Thompson played "soft".

Thompson didn't know if he wanted to play for a coach who didn't like his game. Then phone gate happened and it cleared up Buzz's thoughts on Thompson's future.

Buzz could be right and Thompson plays soft or Thompson could prove him wrong. Thad might also think that but might feel the task of toughening up a 7ft is worth it.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 02:10:39 PM »
And yall wonder why I hate Brent so much..tisk tisk

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 02:25:46 PM »
Buzz said he thought Thompson played "soft".

Let's compare Mr Soft (fr), vs Mr Lifetime Achievement (super super senior)

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=trevor-thompson&p1=chris-otule

Overall, the 6yr senior did better but the numbers were VERY similar, with Mr Soft better at FTs and rebounds.

Soft: 16.2 mpg, LA: 17.938 mpg
Soft: 12.3 points per 40, LA: 12.9 points per 40
Soft: 41 fg%, LA: 59.1 FG%
Soft: 65.3 ft%, 55.0 ft%
Soft: 4.667 rebound per game, LA: 4.25 rebound per game
Soft: 0.933 blocks per game, LA: 0.969 blocks per game
Soft: 1.467 turnover per game, LA: 1.156 turnover per game
Soft: 2.533 fouls per game, LA: 1.969 fouls per game.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 03:28:24 PM »

Overall, the 6yr senior did better but the numbers were VERY similar, with Mr Soft better at FTs and rebounds.

Maybe he's soft on the stuff that doesn't show up on the stat sheet.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 06:24:08 PM »
Murray, you talkin' 'bout penises again?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 09:40:20 PM »

You forgot to include that LA was the starting center and a valuable contributor on Elite 8 and Sweet 16 teams.

I'm not sure why a real Marquette fan would go out of the way to rip a guy who overcame a ton of adversity to give countless hours to help his team excel.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 10:43:41 PM »
You forgot to include that LA was the starting center and a valuable contributor on Elite 8 and Sweet 16 teams.

I'm not sure why a real Marquette fan would go out of the way to rip a guy who overcame a ton of adversity to give countless hours to help his team excel.

No ripping whatsoever.  Just an honest discussion of stats, and more wondering why Brent would dismiss a guy as soft, when he has favorable stats (for a freshman) to another guy that just completed six years in Brent's program.

I appreciate what Chris contributed to the program, and you should stop trying to read in between the lines.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 01:31:06 AM »

He was a valuable contributor on the NCAA runs but this past year, when we needed him to be more than a role player, he contributed the same amount of effort and numbers - not enough to push MU over the top in many games this season.
SS Marquette

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 08:38:48 AM »
He was a valuable contributor on the NCAA runs but this past year, when we needed him to be more than a role player, he contributed the same amount of effort and numbers - not enough to push MU over the top in many games this season.

I remember three years ago when there was a sizable number of people on Scoop saying Otule was the best center in the Big East and a truly elite big man in the country. Blinders run amok.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 08:47:43 AM by Golden Avalanche »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 02:55:23 PM »

Otule, due to being blind in one eye and the limitations that come from that, was never capable of being more than a role player.   IMO, he reached the peak of his potential.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback