[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by mileskishnish72
[June 15, 2024, 04:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The confused, the enraged....LOL  (Read 4624 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: The confused, the enraged....LOL
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 10:32:38 AM »
So would HOMER and MAC have called the game if we were in the Final 4?

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 10:46:29 AM »
I actually like Rex Chapman as a player.  He was just awful as an announcer last night, but it was nice not having to hear how wonderful the Badgers were while watching the game.

If anyone has a problem with Jimmy Mac's color commentary, they will be forever thankful we have him after listening to one half of a game called by Red Chapman.  By the way, I thought Mac was great before last night.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 10:59:48 AM »
So would HOMER and MAC have called the game if we were in the Final 4?

Was wondering the same thing.

One thing about Chapman that I thought was entertaining was how he referenced so many former players, even going back to Rick Robey.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 11:25:56 AM »
http://deadspin.com/final-four-teamcasts-leave-viewers-confused-enraged-ab-1559265363?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

LOL

This reminds me of the April Fool's prank that NPR played on people this year. NPR posted a article titled People don't read anymore. If you opened the article it says if you read the article like it but don't comment.  All of these people started to comment about how it was not true and that the article was blatantly wrong and not well researched. 

It just goes to show with all the information we just pick the headlines.  Most people probably flipped through the guide and say what channel the game was on no thinking they would broadcast differently and be biased to one team or the other.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 11:27:11 AM »
It was pretty pathetic when Greg Anthony was trying so hard to deny the technical on Johnson when he pushed Kaminsky in the the neck/face.  "The momentum is what caused it."  Some of the dumbest sh*t I've heard in a while.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 11:41:26 AM »
It was pretty pathetic when Greg Anthony was trying so hard to deny the technical on Johnson when he pushed Kaminsky in the the neck/face.  "The momentum is what caused it."  Some of the dumbest sh*t I've heard in a while.

Yeah, I didn't understand that at all either. It was as clear as day.  The Tea Party will have a nice propaganda video now. 

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 12:53:39 PM »
Charles might be a big dummy, too, but he was 100% correct calling those people idiots.

Charles is anything but a big dummy.

He's actually a breath of fresh air in the blow-dried basketball analysts world. He's straightforward, says what he thinks and doesn't have a Twitter account.

Here's to you, oh round mound of rebound. In our house, the only fault you have is you didn't go to Marquette!

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 01:00:33 PM »
Charles is anything but a big dummy.

He's actually a breath of fresh air in the blow-dried basketball analysts world. He's straightforward, says what he thinks and doesn't have a Twitter account.

Here's to you, oh round mound of rebound. In our house, the only fault you have is you didn't go to Marquette!

+5

He's the only reason to watch NBA on TNT anymore.  I think people mistake being articulate with intelligence.  Charles brings savvy humor and wit, to what otherwise has become a dull league /product.  He has a common sense approach to everything that is refreshing, rather than the overanalyzed, politically correct crap that is spewed out continuously. 

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 01:28:20 PM »
Yeah, I didn't understand that at all either. It was as clear as day.  The Tea Party will have a nice propaganda video now. 

I used to think you knew what you were talking about.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 01:33:47 PM »
  I used to think you knew what you were talking about.

"Tis humor pointed @ the tea party.   

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 01:35:30 PM »
I thouhgt last night was a good idea. You could watch the game on one channel with neutral announcers, watch it on another one with Badger announcers or watch it with Kentucky announcers. I watch the first half with the Badger announcers. They were doing a good job, but at half time I decided to try the Kentucky station, since they were down at half. Shortly into the second half I decided I wanted to listen to non biased announcers so I switch to the third station. My wife ask me to record the second half with the Badger announcers, which I did. After the foul on the three point shot by Jackson, the national announcers showed the replay, which clearly showed that Jackson switched pivot foots and should have been called traveling instead of being awarded three free throws. I watched the end of the Badger one that I taped and they did not show any replays showing that Jackson actually travelled.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 10:25:58 PM »
I thouhgt last night was a good idea. You could watch the game on one channel with neutral announcers, watch it on another one with Badger announcers or watch it with Kentucky announcers. I watch the first half with the Badger announcers. They were doing a good job, but at half time I decided to try the Kentucky station, since they were down at half. Shortly into the second half I decided I wanted to listen to non biased announcers so I switch to the third station. My wife ask me to record the second half with the Badger announcers, which I did. After the foul on the three point shot by Jackson, the national announcers showed the replay, which clearly showed that Jackson switched pivot foots and should have been called traveling instead of being awarded three free throws. I watched the end of the Badger one that I taped and they did not show any replays showing that Jackson actually travelled.

Travelled, plus the fact that Harrison had already landed by the time Jackson initiated any contact with him.  I absolutely hate that call more than anything in basketball.  I understand if the defender jumps into the guy who makes the ball fake, but when the defender jumps and lands and there is no contact, and then the offensive player jumps into the defender, that should be an absolute no call.

Off topic, but Andrew Harrison seems like a pretty good kid.  Very soft spoken, almost seems uncomfortable in front of the camera.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 11:05:53 PM »

Haha!