Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sandy Cohen Update - Post Any Updates Here  (Read 15740 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Sandy Cohen Update - Post Any Updates Here
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2014, 12:00:22 AM »
No teal needed dude. Love me some Golden Corral.

Run and tell that!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2014, 12:32:14 AM »
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rvwu86OjHRc

Lord knows Coach Wojo has gotta get this kid in a Marquette Jersey, He is "The Goods" at least on Tape!

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2014, 12:34:43 AM »

Lord knows we gotta get this kid in a Marquette Jersey, He is "The Goods" at least on Tape!

I watched him the state games this year.  He would fit perfect in Wojo's system.  Quick, accurate shot and has decent athleticism.  He'll need to bulk up, but he can already shoot better than anyone we have on the team. 

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 12:38:05 AM »
I watched him the state games this year.  He would fit perfect in Wojo's system.  Quick, accurate shot and has decent athleticism.  He'll need to bulk up, but he can already shoot better than anyone we have on the team. 

Man, I honestly said if we lose Hill and Land him.... I wouldnt be tooooo sad, id like to get both but this kid has an upside... Is 6'5 and can Dunk really well.... Him out there with Mayo, Deonte, Dawson, Duane and JJJ. I'd pay to see that.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 12:47:28 AM »

Lord knows Coach Wojo has gotta get this kid in a Marquette Jersey, He is "The Goods" at least on Tape!

He has that Michael Carter-Williams mold. Except with a better looking shot.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2014, 01:02:54 AM »
I watched his mixtape. He looks good.

I also watched Du will jr again. Holy crap does he accelerate. I am giddy thikning about him on the floor next year.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2014, 03:53:47 AM »
I watched him the state games this year.  He would fit perfect in Wojo's system. 

What exactly is Wojo's system?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2014, 07:14:23 AM »
There's a HoJo in downtown Milwaukee.  Owned by Wyndham.

The great old HoJos at the oases in IL are sadly gone.

Cue the NRBQ classic, Howard Johnson got his Hojo Workin'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPdk8y3tj3g

I'm also thinking about Blazing Saddles where everyone in town had the last name Johnson and Higgin's from Magnum PI was Howard Johnson who ran the ice cream shop with the slogan "One flavor srved since....."

PistolPete

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2014, 08:47:47 AM »

Dude, quit trying to make 'the goods' happen

IL Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2014, 11:19:43 AM »
Man, I honestly said if we lose Hill and Land him.... I wouldnt be tooooo sad, id like to get both but this kid has an upside... Is 6'5 and can Dunk really well.... Him out there with Mayo, Deonte, Dawson, Duane and JJJ. I'd pay to see that.

I like that lineup. What it lacks in size, it makes up in having a 6th player on the floor.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2014, 11:25:28 AM »
I like that lineup. What it lacks in size, it makes up in having a 6th player on the floor.

Well, that's only fair. After all, MU played 4 on 5 this season.

Only kidding.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2014, 11:26:58 AM »

In my opinion Hill and Cohen aren't even in the same stratosphere. I would take Hill every single time. I would rather lose Cohen, Shayok, Pierce and keep Hill. I know that's an odd comparison, but that's how highly I regard Hill. Cohen plays for Seymour and plays a very low level of competition. He could in theory keep ascending into a very good player, but I think Hill is by far more polished and likely to be a much better player. Hoping we can keep both!

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2014, 11:29:36 AM »

LOL.  Good catch

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2014, 11:32:52 AM »
In my opinion Hill and Cohen aren't even in the same stratosphere. I would take Hill every single time. I would rather lose Cohen, Shayok, Pierce and keep Hill. I know that's an odd comparison, but that's how highly I regard Hill. Cohen plays for Seymour and plays a very low level of competition. He could in theory keep ascending into a very good player, but I think Hill is by far more polished and likely to be a much better player. Hoping we can keep both!

How often were you able to watch Ahmed Hill play? Strengths? Weaknesses? Play well with teammates? Looks to share the load or take it all on his own? Interaction with coach was positive? Any talented teammates?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2014, 11:38:16 AM »
What exactly is Wojo's system?

winning?

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2014, 11:48:50 AM »
How often were you able to watch Ahmed Hill play? Strengths? Weaknesses? Play well with teammates? Looks to share the load or take it all on his own? Interaction with coach was positive? Any talented teammates?

I have seen him play a handful of times, as I have seen Cohen as well. Ahmed Hill has a very good feel for the game, as does Cohen. The game seems to come more naturally to Hill in my opinion. He is a elite scorer and also sees the floor very well. I think besides shooting guard, he could also run the point if needed. He has the ability to take over games and be a true "game changer." He also seems fairly engaged playing D...at least for the high school level. I know you are being sarcastic, that's why I said my opinions. I also think Cohen is a good player, but see him more in the complimentary role. His level of weak competition makes him stand out more than he would if he played in a bigger basketball hotbed. We were fortunate to get commits from both guys, but to me Hill is far more valuable to keep on board going forward.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2014, 12:02:50 PM »
So right now it looks like we may keep Cohen, but lose Hill. It also appears that Shayok is lost, and assuming Pierce is also lost, does that leave us with two schollies left for next year? hard to keep up with these things?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2014, 12:11:48 PM »
So right now it looks like we may keep Cohen, but lose Hill. It also appears that Shayok is lost, and assuming Pierce is also lost, does that leave us with two schollies left for next year? hard to keep up with these things?

I think we have 4 open without incoming recruits?

Duane Wilson
JJJ
Deonte
Derrick
Luke
Juan
Dawson
Taylor
Mayo

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2014, 12:16:41 PM »
I think we have 4 open without incoming recruits?

Duane Wilson
JJJ
Deonte
Derrick
Luke
Juan
Dawson
Taylor
Mayo

Don't forget Fischer plus I think the poster was assuming Cohen is still matriculating... which leaves 2 open.

NWarsh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2014, 12:19:12 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6VDJN3xkdo

For everybody who is in love with Cohen remember this is a mix tape.  And as a reminder here is a mix tape of another current MU player who a majority of you want run out of town.  Cohen will be a nice piece to have but in no way is he a difference maker.  His current comparable on the MU team is Juan.  He is really athletic and tries to finish everything with a dunk, including in traffic.  Has very long arm and good size which means he has the capability to be a great defender in college.  He is a little slow on the dribble to be able to create his own shot at the high D1 level and his release is a bit slow.  Comparing the two high school mix tapes I would say Juan is actually the better player among the two.  Of course he is an instate recruit that probably adds some more importance to keep the best talent in WI coming to MU.  I guess my point is, I have to agree that Hill is by far the only recruit from this class that I would be disappointed in him not coming.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2014, 12:19:21 PM »
Don't forget Fischer plus I think the poster was assuming Cohen is still matriculating... which leaves 2 open.

I didn't, I have him down as Luke. So I come up with 4 open, 3 if Cohen still comes. I think this is correct?

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2014, 12:19:38 PM »
Luke is Fischer

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2014, 12:21:27 PM »
Thanks. And the kid from Illinois (Harris, I believe) never signed.
Yeah, it would be great to keep all the signed recruits, which is looking unlikely. Pierce was not highly rated, maybe 2.5 stars, but for depth purposes and that he is 7' would be nice to have.

IMO, since Harris did not play this year, and never signed, we should pass on him. It would seem to me that it would be both in MU's and the others kids interest to determine whether they are coming to MU or are going to take their talents elsewhere. Give them several days to make up their mind and then release the ones who have not re-committed.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »
I didn't, I have him down as Luke. So I come up with 4 open, 3 if Cohen still comes. I think this is correct?

Sorry... yep, that's three with Cohen.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2014, 12:25:30 PM »
pretty sure Harris already said he was going to VT