[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Scout Board Source: Hill likely to follow buzz  (Read 16263 times)

Groin_pull

• All American
Re: Scout Board Source: Hill likely to follow buzz
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2014, 08:41:55 AM »
Dude might play the 5 at VT

As a freshman, he won't play anything.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2014, 08:44:14 AM »
Wow. There's a lot of kitten talk in this thread and some serious old man bitching.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2014, 08:59:09 AM »
Wow. There's a lot of kitten talk in this thread and some serious old man bitching.

No kidding. Who the hell cares? If the kid wants to go, so be it.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2014, 02:51:10 PM »
He only has a NLI, you either release it fully or not at all.  You can not place restrictions on NLI.

Seriously, we may not like Buzz, but that doesn't mean that Hill can't like him.  Schools should not hold kids hostage.
I understand he likes Buzz. However, Buzz spent a lot of MU recruiting dollars recruiting Hill. Basically, I see it as work product and generally you cannot take work product with you. Assuming you are right about NLI, I personaly would tell Hill we will release him, if he is not going to Virginia Tech. Yes, I am a bad ass. I just do not think any recruits should be allowed to follow a coach to a new job.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
I understand he likes Buzz. However, Buzz spent a lot of MU recruiting dollars recruiting Hill. Basically, I see it as work product and generally you cannot take work product with you. Assuming you are right about NLI, I personaly would tell Hill we will release him, if he is not going to Virginia Tech. Yes, I am a bad ass. I just do not think any recruits should be allowed to follow a coach to a new job.
Good analysis about the work content. Hate to see the kid not come, but I guess, what purpose would it serve to restrict him from VT? And would that even be enforceable if he went anyhow?

It just shows how big of an unethical douche Buzz is.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2014, 04:59:31 PM »
Seriously it's hard to get to Blacksburg. After going there once scouts hate it in the winter and never go back......that's why they have had only  9 NBA'ers in their history........compared to 100's of NFL' ers? Easier to get there on a SAT afternoon in the fall with the leaves.  Not the winter.  It sucks. Pain in the ass.   Ask Marcus Vick who would have been an NFL'er.

Academics are nice if you are trying to get from China, or an immigrant desperate to get into the US.  Everyone knows this in the US.  Even BUzzz who was grasping at straws and applied for VA Tech after being passed over for the Auburn ball  job (they chose pearl over buzz?......hint hint hint .). Buzz desperately wanted Auburn... Widely reported.  

We all know Buzz is a college ball whore. Texas, Wisconsin, Colorado! Virginia?, Louisiana? He goes where is best for him, not his family. Narcissist.

Virginians who can't get into UVA for academic reasons, and non American citizens hoping to get an American experience before they return to their homeland are the only ones excited to be there.  Basketball is irrelevant there.... No one cares.  .. And the ones who go there will suffer.  

i just couldn't pass this up-the part about marcus vick should be in the nfl if it wasn't for the problems with scouts getting to virginia tech...??  just google michael vick and his Wikipedia is all about his transgressions(multiple) from the law including sex with a 15 year old(he was 20)  so yeah, other than his rap sheet, he would be an all pro ::)
don't...don't don't don't don't

brandx

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2014, 06:10:08 PM »

Don't know what that has to do with anything. Buzz (and any other coach) spends lots of money on many, many guys who never will play for MU. I don't see any connection to it being a work product - Marquette has no patent on Hill just because they recruited him. And, why should Hill be punished in any way with restrictions - he didn't force MU to spend even one penny on him. It was Marquette's choice totally.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2014, 07:45:17 PM »

Tennessee and Virginia are border states.  There is a lot more in common with VA and TN then there is with TN and WI

They're almost identical in driving miles...620 and 626.  They couldn't be farther apart in terms of geography, lifestyle, etc

yup, tenn and va folk count their teeth with one hand-is where TOOTHbrush got it's name-otherwise it would have been TEETHbrush ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2014, 11:50:49 PM »
It was Marquette's choice totally.

But nobody put a gun to his head and forced him to make a commitment to Marquette. The school could have used that scholarship for another person.

I don't advocate forcing the kid to play at any school but it is silly to say the kids are blameless in this. If you give your word you should be expected to live by it. Nobody is forcing him to attend MU - he can attend any school he wishes. But without Marquette releasing him he cannot accept an athletic scholarship elsewhere.

Before anyone signs a contract think through every possible eventuality, including the head coach not being there for your four years of eligibility. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

Death on call

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2014, 02:26:24 AM »
Don't know what that has to do with anything. Buzz (and any other coach) spends lots of money on many, many guys who never will play for MU. I don't see any connection to it being a work product - Marquette has no patent on Hill just because they recruited him. And, why should Hill be punished in any way with restrictions - he didn't force MU to spend even one penny on him. It was Marquette's choice totally.
EXCELLENT. EXACTLY....let em go.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2014, 02:28:35 AM »
He only has a NLI, you either release it fully or not at all.  You can not place restrictions on NLI.

Seriously, we may not like Buzz, but that doesn't mean that Hill can't like him.  Schools should not hold kids hostage.
Great post. I agree.