Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mr. SEC says it's Martin  (Read 11722 times)

madtownwarrior

• All American
Re: Mr. SEC says it's Martin
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2014, 09:16:22 PM »
You Should jump on the badger wagon and not come back... Really

It shows he tried recruiting those players and offered them scholarships.  He didn't get them.  The sharks did.. not to mention, mediocre schools cherry picked his own state.  That's a red flag in my book.  

I want someone who can recruit, because if you don't have the horses, you're not going to get far in the race.  I demand at least 3-4 star recruiting.  If Martin recruiting 3-4 stars consistently, I'd be all for him to come to MU.  

I hold the bar high and you reach quite low sir.    

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 09:18:54 PM »
It shows he tried recruiting those players and offered them scholarships.  He didn't get them.  The sharks did.. not to mention, mediocre schools cherry picked his own state.  That's a red flag in my book.  

I want someone who can recruit, because if you don't have the horses, you're not going to get far in the race.  I demand at least 3-4 star recruiting.  If Martin recruiting 3-4 stars consistently, I'd be all for him to come to MU.  

You demand??? I just stopped laughing from this.

This post, like most of your posts, is completely ridiculous.  I guess you're right, you do set the bar pretty high.

EDIT: As mentioned in previous threads, Martin has gotten more 5 Star recruits at UT in three years than Buzz and Crean combined.  The entire premise of your ridiculous rant isn't even accurate.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 09:24:48 PM by MUSF »

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2014, 09:23:44 PM »
"I demand".........really?    That implies you have some influence or standing.   

Oh man, I have no clue why, but tears of laughter are coming out of my eyes right now

"I demand" LMAO  Easy there, bud.  Who are you?

I suppose if you're going to make a statement, you might as well make it with some authority

"I am the source."
"Shaka Smart.  Write it on the wall.  In sharpie.  Put varnish over it.  Paint arrows pointing at it."

chapman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 09:26:04 PM »
Really, you're going to support UT boosters and Administration? They're the smart ones in this scenario?

Absolutely.  They've made some questionable calls, with the aid of hindsight and a bird's eye view.  I've far less confidence on the homefront.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2014, 09:31:30 PM »

Don't worry Tower, this guy has posted like 50 posts a day and the best thing that happened was him taking down his larger than life Brett Favre signature photo.  The pool he started asked opinions, then he ripped everyone for commenting.  Too many others to even waste time on. This board has been a mess the last week and there has been a decline in the usual posters have made at least a logical opinion in the past.  Sorry, Mr. Deane, but it probably isn't just me, but need to slow down abit.

We're talking "c" words, hachtets to faces, idiots at MU, stupid gifs/photos and can go on, but you get the thought.  Hope it ends soon.

Martin should be fine if he can maintain current players, current commitments and if he gets Stone. Thats seven four stars and one five star for 2015.  If he can't coach that squad, then rip him in 2016, not now.  If some leave, which I don't believe will happen with Martin hiring, play it out.

Give him or whoever a chance at least.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 09:33:45 PM »
Absolutely.  They've made some questionable calls, with the aid of hindsight and a bird's eye view.  I've far less confidence on the homefront.

What else do we have to go off of besides hindsight? What makes you so certain that Martin was the problem at UT and not the boosters and administration? If Mr. SEC is correct, it certainly looks like Martin is on the high ground in Knoxville.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 09:33:59 PM »
I feel ya, NYG.   It has been an odd and enlightening week.    And not in a good way.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2014, 09:34:28 PM »
You demand??? I just stopped laughing from this.

This post, like most of your posts, is completely ridiculous.  I guess you're right, you do set the bar pretty high.

EDIT: As mentioned in previous threads, Martin has gotten more 5 Star recruits at UT in three years than Buzz and Crean combined.  The entire premise of your ridiculous rant isn't even accurate.

My rant is that Martin failed to protect the state.  You sir, have no ammo against this.  Surrender.  

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 09:38:36 PM »
My rant is that Martin failed to protect the state.  You sir, have no ammo against this.  Surrender.  
How'd Buzz do at "protecting the state"?
No Finish Line

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 09:40:54 PM »

Scott Pastner must be a terrible head coach then as well

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 09:41:28 PM »
.                               Does the black knight in Holy Grail represent this guy or what....lets have at it, I'll bite you in the knee.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 09:41:53 PM »
Deane, if you hate CM so much, please stop posting when he's hired in protest.

That'll show 'em good...real good.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2014, 09:42:27 PM »
How'd Buzz do at "protecting the state"?

Well..... He did get Vander Blue and Deonte Burton.  Tokoto and Looney left.  Nonetheless, Buzz has nothing to do with Martin.  The fact is.... Martin went after recruits in Tennessee and lost out to Illinois and Providence.  That is unacceptable.  At least Buzz didn't lose out to mid tier programs on in state recruits.  

VolFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2014, 09:52:45 PM »

Let the TN guy respond to this. You obviously no nothing about TN geography. Memphis is not a recruiting hotbed for UT, especially in basketball.  Memphis and Knoxville are about 6 hours apart. Memphis has a good basketball program IN THE SAME CITY, Oxford is about an hour away, Mizzou about 3 hours away, Miss St. about 3 hours, Vandy 3 hours, etc. The point being that there are a lot of good schools a lot closer than Knoxville and it's not as simple as being in the same state.

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2014, 09:53:53 PM »
Still not leaning towards any one candidate, but I'll stand up for Martin.  Kind of unfair to take away the man's recruiting resources, then point to this year's class and say, "See?  He can't recruit!"  Self-fulfilling prophecy at its finest.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2014, 09:54:20 PM »
Well..... He did get Vander Blue and Deonte Burton.  Tokoto and Looney left.  Nonetheless, Buzz has nothing to do with Martin.  The fact is.... Martin went after recruits in Tennessee and lost out to Illinois and Providence.  That is unacceptable.  At least Buzz didn't lose out to mid tier programs on in state recruits.  

Honest question, are you thirteen years old? Your logic is terrible and nearly every argument you make is a textbook logical fallacy.

You have no idea what the circumstances were with these two ultra-critical Tennessee recruits. Yet somehow, this is the only evidence you need to determine that Martin will be unable to recruit in Wisconsin.

How about the two five star recruits he pulled in and the sweet sixteen run? Are those unacceptable too?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2014, 09:55:02 PM »
Let the TN guy respond to this. You obviously no nothing about TN geography. Memphis is not a recruiting hotbed for UT, especially in basketball.  Memphis and Knoxville are about 6 hours apart. Memphis has a good basketball program IN THE SAME CITY, Oxford is about an hour away, Mizzou about 3 hours away, Miss St. about 3 hours, Vandy 3 hours, etc. The point being that there are a lot of good schools a lot closer than Knoxville and it's not as simple as being in the same state.

Thank you for your insight.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 09:56:07 PM »

You'll get no logical response from Deane. This post doesn't fit his fictional narrative of the horrors of Cuonzo Martin.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 10:01:23 PM »
Nothing special.  No top 100 players.  

My question is how does this guy lose out on 2 top 100, in-state recruits, Leron Black, from Memphis, Tennessee ...... to Illinois of all places?  

And. ......

Jalen Lindsey Top 100-  Another In state player..... goes to Providence.

I think the sharks realized it was open season in Tennessee.  Not one guy was recruiting from in-state in the class.
You might as well send Diamond Stone a parting gift.  This guy can't protect his own house.  

Really?

Looney

Tokoto

Etc.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 10:03:39 PM »
Don't worry Tower, this guy has posted like 50 posts a day and the best thing that happened was him taking down his larger than life Brett Favre signature photo.  The pool he started asked opinions, then he ripped everyone for commenting.  Too many others to even waste time on. This board has been a mess the last week and there has been a decline in the usual posters have made at least a logical opinion in the past.  Sorry, Mr. Deane, but it probably isn't just me, but need to slow down abit.

We're talking "c" words, hachtets to faces, idiots at MU, stupid gifs/photos and can go on, but you get the thought.  Hope it ends soon.

Martin should be fine if he can maintain current players, current commitments and if he gets Stone. Thats seven four stars and one five star for 2015.  If he can't coach that squad, then rip him in 2016, not now.  If some leave, which I don't believe will happen with Martin hiring, play it out.

Give him or whoever a chance at least.

Whew.  Good post.
Ludum habemus.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2014, 10:04:08 PM »

Martin offered Leron Black a scholarship, who's from Memphis.  Leron, chose Illinois.  
Martin offered Jalen Lindsey a scholarship from Franklin, TN.  He chose Providence.  

Martin didn't get any top 100 players in the 2014 class.  He recruited 9 top 100 players.  All of which, turned him down.  That isn't a good sign.  

🏀

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2014, 10:06:44 PM »
Martin offered Leron Black a scholarship, who's from Memphis.  Leron, chose Illinois. 
Martin offered Jalen Lindsey a scholarship from Franklin, TN.  He chose Providence. 

Martin didn't get any top 100 players in the 2014 class.  He recruited 9 top 100 players.  All of which, turned him down.  That isn't a good sign. 

Buzz offers anyone that's a switchable every year, and gets turned down a lot more.

You have no idea how recruiting works. Just stop.

brandx

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 10:09:21 PM »

Because fans in Tennessee wanted him gone from the day he was hired. They loved Pearl and wanted their cheater back. No job security whatsoever which was used in recruiting against him. A recruiting budget much, much, smaller than MU.

You hate the idea of Martin so you'll cherry pick anything to denigrate him. For your next post, compare how many 5-star prospects he signed in three years against how many Crean/Buzz signed in 15 years.

Hopefully if he is hired, you will be so disgusted that you leave.

brandx

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2014, 10:10:15 PM »

He outdid himself on that one, Hey? Rather high opinion of himself.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2014, 10:11:20 PM »
Because fans in Tennessee wanted him gone from the day he was hired. They loved Pearl and wanted their cheater back. No job security whatsoever which was used in recruiting against him. A recruiting budget much, much, smaller than MU.

You hate the idea of Martin so you'll cherry pick anything to denigrate him. For your next post, compare how many 5-star prospects he signed in three years against how many Crean/Buzz signed in 15 years.

Hopefully if he is hired, you will be so disgusted that you leave.

Also keep in mind MU's assistants.  I mean, Chew was supposedly making $800k.  That's more than what VTech was paying their head coach.