Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dead Spin: Shaka Smart-To-Marquette Reports Came From Student Journalist  (Read 9974 times)

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
Only one person I announced a 5 PM press conference. It was this kid. I WB and Mark Miller did not. The bull's-eye brothers did not. Only this clown.  That is what send things into hysteria. Even Dodds believed it.  I could be wrong but I think Dodds may have a connection with him
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

krocheck

• Starter
I'm having a hard time believing the news media trusted a 19 year old student as their source.

So am I.  I don't think they all did, but at least one of them did throw him under the bus according to the Deadspin follow-up linked in the OP.  Reality is that it doesn't matter and they were all following the various tweets from IWB and the like.  Classic scapegoat theory, unfortunately.  The vast majority of people on this board got it right and pointed the finger at IWB.  Twitter world and the media went this other direction, which is incredibly dumb and unfair.

Anyone jumping on the kid is on the wrong side of this issue IMO.

jficke13

• All American
OH, trust me, you will see that photo on the Wisconsin message boards for the next 25 years

Only if you're dumb enough to go over to any cess pool affiliated with UW.