Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IWB Speaks...  (Read 25560 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: IWB Speaks...
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2014, 11:10:13 AM »
You guys sure a fickle bunch of jerks.  When he is right and feeding you information one way or another he is a hero... but the second, LITERALLY THE SECOND, he MIGHT be wrong (sometime in the future) you guys crucify him.

Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

IWB deserves better than this.  Wait for him to be wrong or right before you start lighting the pyre.

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 11:11:50 AM »
You guys sure a fickle bunch of jerks.  When he is right and feeding you information one way or another he is a hero... but the second, LITERALLY THE SECOND, he MIGHT be wrong (sometime in the future) you guys crucify him.

IWB deserves better than this.  Wait for him to be wrong or right before you start lighting the pyre.

I agree completely. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 11:13:29 AM »

Add Hards to the stake.  Burn him!  Burn him!

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2014, 11:14:38 AM »

Maybe don't say DONE DEAL when it's not a done deal. You're blaming the victims.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 11:15:40 AM »
Add Hards to the stake.  Burn him!  Burn him!

Hards might now be in the same camp with me.  After this winter, I have seriously begun to reevaluate the discomfort involved with being burned at the stake.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MUeagle05

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 11:15:44 AM »
I'm convinced there was an oral agreement in principal, and that Smart backed out shortly thereafter.  It wouldn't be the first time he, or any other coach, has done that (see, Illinois).  MU would never come out and admit it, but that seems to be the most plausible story to me.  

Guys like Ganzer and Dodds wouldn't have come out as strongly as they did unless some form of agreement was in place.  You think Buzz signed his contract at VT before word got out he was leaving?

RTPercy12345

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2014, 11:16:07 AM »
Never say its a done deal when its a done deal.  Especially after Buzz left the way he did

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2014, 11:16:25 AM »

You're right it's our fault for listening to him and believing what he had to say.  The only thing he deserves is complete lack of acknowledgement going forward.  Fraud

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2014, 11:16:31 AM »
You guys sure a fickle bunch of jerks.  When he is right and feeding you information one way or another he is a hero... but the second, LITERALLY THE SECOND, he MIGHT be wrong (sometime in the future) you guys crucify him.

IWB deserves better than this.  Wait for him to be wrong or right before you start lighting the pyre.

He said it was a done deal and Shaka Smart next MU coach. There is no room for confusion there. He made his bed and now he has to lay in it...what do you expect people to say? Good job, you got everyone's hopes up falsely but it's all good. That's ridiculous! He would have taken the credit if he was correct and he has to take the heat if he is wrong. I'm hoping he still turns out to be right!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:18:37 AM by Buzz'sBS »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2014, 11:17:47 AM »
Multiple sources said it was a done deal.  He tweeted it, and his sources were wrong.  

So .. burn him in effigy for tweeting what his sources told him was fact?  

Not going to throw that stone.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2014, 11:19:39 AM »

He said done deal, and in an internet podcast said that Buzz wasn't going anywhere literally the day before he was going some where(VTech).

I put those two things together and he's got a credibility issue right now.  He may know little things at MU but it's clear right now he doesn't have the total big picture.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

reinko

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2014, 11:19:43 AM »

So far, we have IWB, hards, Wardle2Wade, who's next?!?!

Burn all of you.  BUURRRRNNN!!!

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2014, 11:19:59 AM »
He said it was a done deal and Shaka Smart next MU coach. There is no room for confusion there. He made his bed and now he has to lay in it...would do you expect people to say? Good job, you got everyone's hopes up falsely but it's all good. That's ridiculous! He would have taken the credit if he was correct and he has to take the heat if he is wrong. I'm hoping he still turns out to be right!!

Agreed -

Even if he is right he had nothing to do with it.  He's just an old lady sitting around the table saying "pour the tea" looking for gossip.  Go take your game elsewhere.  Good day to you sir!

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2014, 11:20:21 AM »
Multiple sources said it was a done deal.  He tweeted it, and his sources were wrong.  

So .. burn him in effigy for tweeting what his sources told him was fact?  

Not going to throw that stone.

He was his source. He was asked point blank who were his sources and he said I am the source.

Zombie45

• Walk-On
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2014, 11:20:55 AM »
I appreciate the info and love the fact that all of us who don't have the same sources as you pretend to complain when the process takes a little time

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2014, 11:21:15 AM »
Maybe don't say DONE DEAL when it's not a done deal. You're blaming the victims.

So we're victims now? Sheeesh.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2014, 11:22:31 AM »
He was his source. He was asked point blank who were his sources and he said I am the source.

This is incorrect.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2014, 11:22:36 AM »
He said it was a done deal and Shaka Smart next MU coach. There is no room for confusion there. He made his bed and now he has to lay in it...what do you expect people to say? Good job, you got everyone's hopes up falsely but it's all good. That's ridiculous! He would have taken the credit if he was correct and he has to take the heat if he is wrong. I'm hoping he still turns out to be right!!

Have we signed a coach?  I'm sorry, I must have missed that part.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2014, 11:22:46 AM »
I'm convinced there was an oral agreement in principal, and that Smart backed out shortly thereafter.  It wouldn't be the first time he, or any other coach, has done that (see, Illinois).  MU would never come out and admit it, but that seems to be the most plausible story to me.  

Guys like Ganzer and Dodds wouldn't have come out as strongly as they did unless some form of agreement was in place.  You think Buzz signed his contract at VT before word got out he was leaving?

Bingo!

I think Shaka is playing us.  

I just hope that Shaka's use of us as leverage to his AD is matched by our use of him as leverage to get Howland to lower his price.  

Fox 6 reported that Howland is out of the race, but what do they know?  The Howland bus still has room, fellas.  Hop on board with me.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2014, 11:23:15 AM »
Agreed -

Even if he is right he had nothing to do with it.  He's just an old lady sitting around the table saying "pour the tea" looking for gossip.  Go take your game elsewhere.  Good day to you sir!

Then why did you listen to him in the first place?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2014, 11:24:12 AM »
This is incorrect.

Jim Ganzer ‏@theIWB  16h
Shaka Smart is the new coach at Marquette. #mubb

Done Deal

Josh Lepak ‏@joshlepak  16h
@theIWB source?

Jim Ganzer ‏@theIWB  16h
@joshlepak  I'm the source

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2014, 11:25:03 AM »
We probably are not even close right now to landing Shaka. However, I have concerns that people trying to scoop a deal could end up pushing a candidate the wrong way, when negotiations are suppose to be confidential. I know it would irritate the hell out of me, if I was a candidate

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2014, 11:25:47 AM »
Jim Ganzer ‏@theIWB  16h
Shaka Smart is the new coach at Marquette. #mubb

Done Deal

Josh Lepak ‏@joshlepak  16h
@theIWB source?

Jim Ganzer ‏@theIWB  16h
@joshlepak  I'm the source

You're reading it wrong. You really think he, first, name his source, and secondly admit it's all from him? Ha. Okay.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2014, 11:27:06 AM »
If the same thing happens with Shaka year after year he is going to start losing some suitors because everything is going to seem fake. Remember guys we arent the first ones to go through this. The biggest question mark I still have is why have we still not heard anything from Shaka or his camp. Usually by now he has said something to the media about how the rumors are false. Still have hope, not much hope, but still some.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2014, 11:27:31 AM »
Have we signed a coach?  I'm sorry, I must have missed that part.

Quit making excuses for him...I hope he turns out to be right. If what he reported last night was true at the time, it would be confirmed by now. It isn't, it still could happen, but he jumped the gun big time last night.

feedback