[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines MH370  (Read 37455 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Malaysia Airlines MH370
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2014, 04:03:17 PM »
One hand on the helm, one hand on a cocktail, and bury the rail.

Man, is that comment wide open for interpretation.  :o
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:05:10 PM by real chili 83 »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
If you can fly an aircraft you can sail a boat. My father was a fighter pilot who loved sailing so I grew up earning my water hours by scraping barnacles. I have owned two 36' in my time - a Morgan and a Yamaha. Very different vessels but both superb sailers.

I have taken out cats but they are not sailboats. I'm with chili - throwing out a spinnaker and burying the needle is more fun than 20+ kts.

On don't get me wrong I enjoy the heck out of my buddies Newport 31, but nothing quite like living on the knife edge of disaster as you have to balance a hundred different variables at the same time.  It takes a lot of instinct and feel that seems relaxing to me.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2014, 04:28:35 PM »
On don't get me wrong I enjoy the heck out of my buddies Newport 31, but nothing quite like living on the knife edge of disaster as you have to balance a hundred different variables at the same time.  It takes a lot of instinct and feel that seems relaxing to me.

I'm sure your dad knows the USAF Fighter Pilot's Rules for Life. Rule #3 is the "3 F Rule." If it Floats, Flies, or ...uh...Fornicates it's cheaper to rent.

I have broken two of the three in my life.

Death on call

🏀

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2014, 05:33:33 PM »
I'm sure your dad knows the USAF Fighter Pilot's Rules for Life. Rule #3 is the "3 F Rule." If it Floats, Flies, or ...uh...Fornicates it's cheaper to rent.

You bought yourself a Lund?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2014, 06:57:22 PM »

Sure he did, as a guy that came out of MAC he also shared the MAC corollary to those rules, "anything that comes out of a USAF fighter pilot's should be modified by a scientific fudge factor of 1.672 in whatever direction brings it more inline with reality."

;D
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2014, 07:38:39 PM »
Sure he did, as a guy that came out of MAC he also shared the MAC corollary to those rules, "anything that comes out of a USAF fighter pilot's should be modified by a scientific fudge factor of 1.672 in whatever direction brings it more inline with reality."

;D

Only 1.672??

The sad reality is that the AMC Trash Haulers actually get the better deals. Fast Movers deploy to Al Asad or Prince Sultan Air Base. BUFs and BONEs deploy to Diego Garcia. Trash Haulers get put up in nice hotels in Germany, UK, Spain, Italy, and Singapore. I mean, WTFO?

Death on call

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2014, 08:02:37 AM »
Only 1.672??

The sad reality is that the AMC Trash Haulers actually get the better deals. Fast Movers deploy to Al Asad or Prince Sultan Air Base. BUFs and BONEs deploy to Diego Garcia. Trash Haulers get put up in nice hotels in Germany, UK, Spain, Italy, and Singapore. I mean, WTFO?

Benefit of the doubt I guess.

I do remember as a kid they had to stage up to Anchorage, AK for some low level training and came back with something like 50 pounds of king crab jammed in the wheel wells where it stayed cold on the way back to Hurlburt.  There was an impromptu squadron party for the families on the tarmac, it was awesome.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2014, 11:48:56 AM »
Benefit of the doubt I guess.

I do remember as a kid they had to stage up to Anchorage, AK for some low level training and came back with something like 50 pounds of king crab jammed in the wheel wells where it stayed cold on the way back to Hurlburt.  There was an impromptu squadron party for the families on the tarmac, it was awesome.

Used to do cross country's to NAS Brunswick in Maine. You could actually order live lobster when you filed and they would bring them out to your aircraft right on the ramp while pre-flighting. We stored them in the blivet so when we got up to altitude the air temp was -70 and they would freeze up solid as a rock. After landing they would thaw out and just as they began crawling around we would throw them into a pot of boiling water. Talk about a sh1tty day...

Death on call