Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: X down late in the second half to SH  (Read 4107 times)

79Warrior

• All American
X down late in the second half to SH
« on: March 03, 2014, 07:45:20 PM »

nm

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
Re: X down late in the second half to SH
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 07:49:54 PM »
Avast!  X in panic mode right now.... going to be tough for the Pirates to hold on...let's go SH.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 07:52:52 PM »
This games over.

We still got a chance at 3rd.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 07:56:04 PM »
SH up 10 with 2:20 to go

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 08:00:28 PM »
MU is easily in the tournament if Sterling Gibbs was running the point. Only change on this team. But I am also of the belief that Duane Wilson would have led this team admirably.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 08:01:37 PM »
I wonder how much Ners put on this "lock" for X??

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:04:31 PM »
Nice job SH.
Edwin's last home game.   Great player. Here's an article about his frustration with his time there:
http://www.nj.com/setonhall/index.ssf/2014/03/fuquan_edwin_seton_hall_basketball.html

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 08:06:57 PM »
The Hall winning some key games for us down the stretch.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 08:59:38 PM »
The Hall winning some key games for us down the stretch.
Yeah--wonder when we will start winning some!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 09:03:15 PM »
You guys ever stop to think that maybe the NCAA  might only take two Big East teams this year?

Just a thought.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 09:04:15 PM »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 09:04:43 PM »
You guys ever stop to think that maybe the NCAA  might only take two Big East teams this year?

Just a thought.

No way.  I think three is possible though which would be a major disappointment.  We need to at least get four... anything less and that is a bad start to the new conference.

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 09:21:11 PM »
You guys ever stop to think that maybe the NCAA  might only take two Big East teams this year?

Just a thought.

Absolutely not a chance.  I will give you 10:1 on your money.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 09:26:19 PM »
Big guy Stainbrook hurt for X. Doesn't look good. MRI on tap. That's a shame. Big blow to X.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 09:38:22 PM »
No way.  I think three is possible though which would be a major disappointment.  We need to at least get four... anything less and that is a bad start to the new conference.

+1, three is definitely possible but I imagine a 4th sneaks in as a 12 or 13 seed.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 11:33:13 PM »
+1, three is definitely possible but I imagine a 4th sneaks in as a 12 or 13 seed.

Chicos, you gotta be kidding. Only legitimate NCAA teams are Villanova and Creighton. Xavier went down tonight at the Hall and even assuming we win the next two, we still haven't beaten anyone.

St. John's and Providence -- their resumes look like someone who soon will be affixing dishes to roofs for DirectTV -- not people who are candidates for your chairman.

For all of the bluster in here -- and NO I AM NOT BETTING ON WHAT A BUNCH OF POLITICALLY CORRECT PINHEADS WILL DO -- I still think the Big East gets 2. That's it. Face it, our conference had a down year.Too many teams too much like us in the conference this year.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 01:12:00 AM »
Chicos, you gotta be kidding. Only legitimate NCAA teams are Villanova and Creighton. Xavier went down tonight at the Hall and even assuming we win the next two, we still haven't beaten anyone.

St. John's and Providence -- their resumes look like someone who soon will be affixing dishes to roofs for DirectTV -- not people who are candidates for your chairman.

For all of the bluster in here -- and NO I AM NOT BETTING ON WHAT A BUNCH OF POLITICALLY CORRECT PINHEADS WILL DO -- I still think the Big East gets 2. That's it. Face it, our conference had a down year.Too many teams too much like us in the conference this year.

Xavier is going to get in.  Not kidding at all.  44 RPI, wins over Cincinnati, Tennessee, St. John's (2), Marquette, Creighton, Providence, Georgetown....I think they get in.  They finish up with Villanova at home. 

Losing tonight isn't great, but I don't think it knocks them out by any stretch.

The 4th team I'm hoping can sneak in.  Tough to see 5 teams, but have to hope between Providence, SJU, MU, G'Town that someone can find a way. 

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 01:15:22 AM »

Chicos has already informed your ignorance on X's resume.  I'll also add that while you feel losing to SHU is like losing to the Little Sisters of the Poor, they actually are ranked #80 in kenpom.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 06:22:47 AM »
I think Xavier gets in, but they will be sweating on selection day, if they lose to Villanova and the first round Big East tournament game. 20-12 is not a great record unless you are playing in the Big 10.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 06:33:26 AM »
Xavier will likely make it regardless, but if they do drop another two in a row, they will have good reason to be a bit nervous.

Marquette can all but eliminate Providence and St. John's by beating them. Worst case for the conference would likely be MU winning their last two and then losing their first game in the BET.

Three teams still looks likely, and four is possible, but two is also not outside the realm of possibilities.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 09:22:02 AM »
Yeah--wonder when we will start winning some!

+1

feedback