collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: How many coaches?.....  (Read 11887 times)

River rat

• Team Captain
How many coaches?.....
« on: February 26, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Play a college player 1 game after getting a DUI?

willie warrior

• All American
Re: How many coaches?.....
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 11:20:08 AM »
Don't know--who has? Can't imagine Shady has with all the talent he has to slide in there.
Let's see: Maybe Crean has, maybe Coach K, but sure don't know.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 11:21:54 AM »
A DUI is one thing, but he was at least 2x over the limit and it was 4am in the middle of the week. How much does a 6'8" 240 lb man have to drink to blow over .15?

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 11:23:50 AM »
......is this Marquette related? Who had a DUI?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 11:30:40 AM »
......is this Marquette related? Who had a DUI?

Player for Indiana was suspended for one game and was reinstated to play against Wisconsin last night.

He logged two minutes.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 11:32:38 AM »
Player for Indiana was suspended for one game and was reinstated to play against Wisconsin last night.

He logged two minutes.
How come I was able to take a stab in the dark on Crean and come up with the right answer? Just something about the tanned one, I guess.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 11:58:27 AM »
A DUI is one thing, but he was at least 2x over the limit and it was 4am in the middle of the week. How much does a 6'8" 240 lb man have to drink to blow over .15?

I'd go with your screen name.  Yes, the whole bar.

Hey, ZFB, wake up 4ever.  He's not going to want to miss this.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 12:00:42 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 12:10:30 PM »
To be fair, he sat him out 2 games and the kid did everything he was asked to do for almost 11 whole days.

This is a strange decision, particularly considering the guy isn't a prime rotation guy and playing him or not playing him won't make a difference in Indiana's W-L record this season.  So you really can't say he's doing it for competitive advantage.  I agree that it doesn't send the right message.  I'm sure Crean has his reasons, though I can't figure what they are. 
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 12:59:29 PM »
Dakich had a few issues about it on the broadcast last night. He felt no way the IN faithful would be behind the short suspension and that Crean's "the kid did everything he was asked to do" was a joke as in "What about before the DUI?".

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 01:24:21 PM »
what did they ask him to?  #1-don't drink  #2-don't drink and drive  #3-go to class #4-study #5-don't beat your girlfriend  #6-study your playbook 
#7-..............
don't...don't don't don't don't

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 01:24:42 PM »
To be fair, he sat him out 2 games and the kid did everything he was asked to do for almost 11 whole days.

This is a strange decision, particularly considering the guy isn't a prime rotation guy and playing him or not playing him won't make a difference in Indiana's W-L record this season.  So you really can't say he's doing it for competitive advantage.  I agree that it doesn't send the right message.  I'm sure Crean has his reasons, though I can't figure what they are. 

In the two games included one gae that was never played and he will most likely play in when it is eventually played.  Pathitic, but hen again we are talking about Clappy the Clown.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2014, 01:33:22 PM »
The Tommy Naismith school of coaching day 1:

ok now watch me class.

Crouch down and clap a bunch of times.  Stand up and adjust your ill fitting Chess King pants, adjust your glasses and walk to the end of the bench clapping while you walk.  Crouch down again and give a befuddled look while you do nothing as your team blows yet another second half lead, but keep clapping. Stand up again, adjust pants and glasses, keep clapping and walk to the front of the bench again.  Kneel down and instruct your PG to dribble in place for 30 seconds before calling one of your 1000 amazing plays.  Keep clapping.

Now repeat.
and remember if you lose completely blame your players becuase thats what great coaches and leaders do.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2014, 01:42:27 PM »
In the two games included one gae that was never played and he will most likely play in when it is eventually played.  Pathitic, but hen again we are talking about Clappy the Clown.

No, he sat out two games, the Purdue game on the 15th and the Northwestern game on the 22nd.  I think this is interesting because I can't figure what is in it for TC to bring the kid back so soon.  It makes him look bad and it doesn't really help Indiana on the court all that much.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 02:06:35 PM »
The Tommy Naismith school of coaching day 1:

ok now watch me class.

Crouch down and clap a bunch of times.  Stand up and adjust your ill fitting Chess King pants, adjust your glasses and walk to the end of the bench clapping while you walk.  Crouch down again and give a befuddled look while you do nothing as your team blows yet another second half lead, but keep clapping. Stand up again, adjust pants and glasses, keep clapping and walk to the front of the bench again.  Kneel down and instruct your PG to dribble in place for 30 seconds before calling one of your 1000 amazing plays.  Keep clapping.

Now repeat.
and remember if you lose completely blame your players becuase thats what great coaches and leaders do.

Where's the Diet Pepsi?  Or Coke?  And no 3 man weave up top until a desperation 3 pointer goes up at the end of the shot clock?  Things they are a'changin'!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 02:11:01 PM »

Seven.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 02:36:35 PM »

None.

Who are you implying did?  I could not tell with the third grade spelling you used above.

I read recently of an adult player (over the age of 21) that was arrested for a misdemeanor DUI and was suspended indefinitely and missed two games, would have missed three but one was canceled.  Instead played in what would have been the 4th game for 2 minutes.

Not sure if that is who you were referencing.    If you are having trouble reading this, I'll write in a language you can understand based on your other inputs.

Nun

Who r you implieing did?  I could not tell with the 3rd grade spelling you used above.

I read recently of an adult payer (ovr the age of 21) that was arested for a mesdeamor DUI who was supended indifinitly and missed 2 games, would have mised 3 but one was cancelled.  Instaed played in what should have been his 4th game for 2 minuts. 

Not sure if that is who you were refarancing.

River Rat, the first to question someone's facts.  LOL

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 03:24:55 PM »
Chicos to Tommy's rescue, like the sun in the East.  Maybe some day you can describe those reach arounds you used to enjoy, maybe over a beer?

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 03:37:45 PM »
Chicos to Tommy's rescue, like the sun in the East.  Maybe some day you can describe those reach arounds you used to enjoy, maybe over a beer?

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument.

I'm sure Chicos' amorous engagements with TC are relevant to some argument, but I don't think it's this one.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 03:55:55 PM »
BTW dude, broads is not the preferred nomenclature anymore...

Chicks?

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 04:01:14 PM »
An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument.

I'm sure Chicos' amorous engagements with TC are relevant to some argument, but I don't think it's this one.

Umm my original claim was dead on... What lack of character slimeball brings a kid back after getting pulled over at twice the limit at 4 am?? It grabbed national discussion!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 04:06:27 PM »
None.

Who are you implying did?  I could not tell with the third grade spelling you used above.

I read recently of an adult player (over the age of 21) that was arrested for a misdemeanor DUI and was suspended indefinitely and missed two games, would have missed three but one was canceled.  Instead played in what would have been the 4th game for 2 minutes.

Not sure if that is who you were referencing.    If you are having trouble reading this, I'll write in a language you can understand based on your other inputs.

Nun

Who r you implieing did?  I could not tell with the 3rd grade spelling you used above.

I read recently of an adult payer (ovr the age of 21) that was arested for a mesdeamor DUI who was supended indifinitly and missed 2 games, would have mised 3 but one was cancelled.  Instaed played in what should have been his 4th game for 2 minuts. 

Not sure if that is who you were refarancing.

River Rat, the first to question someone's facts.  LOL

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 04:10:18 PM »
None.

Wow, what a downplay. If this happened at MU you'd be shrieking that Buzz is bringing in low-characters guys and tarnishing the sanctitiy of the program and your degree. And if it was a JUCO player at MU your keyboard would explode. Talk about hypocrisy, coming from the one who claims to fight the good fight against it.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 04:13:21 PM »
No, he sat out two games, the Purdue game on the 15th and the Northwestern game on the 22nd.  I think this is interesting because I can't figure what is in it for TC to bring the kid back so soon.  It makes him look bad and it doesn't really help Indiana on the court all that much.

Yeah I agree with this. Bizarre decision, when it was definitely an opportunity to save face with fans by falling back on the "at least I run a clean, high character program" card by holding him out longer. It's not like he's a major factor for them anyway.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 04:15:35 PM »
Umm my original claim was dead on... What lack of character slimeball brings a kid back after getting pulled over at twice the limit at 4 am?? It grabbed national discussion!

What should he have done? Kick him off the team? Suspend him for a season?

Tell us for the record what you think a good high character coach should do? If he made the wrong decision, what's the right one?

I guess I understand your perspective but the judgmental vitriol you are spewing, without any inside knowledge of the situation, is over the top. There are fans of other schools that use this same language to describe our coach. I think they are completely off base, but just like you they cherry pick some unsavory events and make a logical leap to justify painting Buzz with the same slimeball brush.

BTW, I think you missed the point of my last thread.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 04:36:05 PM »

Robbie, here's the deal.  You got quite bent the last couple of days claiming a lack of facts by posters.  Each time, you were shown to be in error.  Again, with this thread, you are wrong again with your facts.  You are then corrected with the facts, and you response is like a 15 year old boy talking about reach arounds.  You were just wrong, again.  No one is coming to anyone's rescue, just pointing out that in your obsession with that coach and in your daily tantrums to take him down, you can't even do it properly without distorting facts, making really bad boners, or maybe just lying (one would assume you are just stupid and not intentionally making things up, but is anyone really that stupid?)

I'd love to know what the Sun in the East is doing...is it rising or setting?