[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Time Warner or Uverse?  (Read 891 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Time Warner or Uverse?
« on: February 21, 2014, 02:32:55 PM »
These are the only choices (sorry Chicos). Wanna bundle TV and Internet. Which would you choose?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 06:18:35 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: Time Warner or Uverse?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 04:43:08 PM »
I'm in the same boat right now; I have AT&T DSL and TW cable.  I'm about ready to switch the internet over to Time Warner and abandon AT&T completely.  I've had TW cable for 15 years in my current location and I've been really happy with it.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Time Warner or Uverse?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 06:06:08 PM »
These are the only choices (sorry Chicos). Wanna bundle TV and Internet. Which would use choose?

I would ask the question to AT&T how far you are from the node.  The average is a few 1000 feet.  The farther away you are, the more I would be worried.

I would also ask if it is it fiber to the node (FTTN) for your home, or fiber to the premises (FTTP) or sometimes called Fiber to the Home (FTTH).  FTTN means it is running on copper to your house.  FTTP \ FTTH is running fiber optics to your house....this is much better.  We have a LOT of customers that had our service, went to AT&T and come back to us because of this issue.  We don't see nearly the same return on FiOS.  

TWC...can be horrifically bad or good, really depends on where.  They will be Comcast in 9 to 10 months.  For the record, I have TWC for internet now, and I'd give them a B+.

Good luck my friend....you do realize you can bundle internet and tv through satellite, also...right?

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 06:29:39 PM by ChicosBailBonds »