Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What do you think of Vander Blue at this point?  (Read 11498 times)

Markusquette

• All American
Re: What do you think of Vander Blue at this point?
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »
Bottom line with VB is he came to MU to play basketball in preparation for what he is doing today. He did what was best for VB and I don't blame him one bit. And the reality is that he is now living that dream.

Does anyone here really believe that VB was ever going to end up in a cube farm doing debits on the left or schlepping a bag a la Willie Loman? I hope he someday completes his education for the sake of accomplishment but at this stage in his life it is a very minor objective. I cannot fathom the animosity for a man who added a sparkling chapter to the story of Marquette basketball.

The shallow only see his departure. The enlightened picture those game winning shots against SJU and BU and thank him for such memories.

Well said Keefe.  I share those sentiments.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2014, 04:23:36 PM »
Big fan of Vander and pulling for him. Hope he reaches the goals he has set for himself. While not a all time great he provided some great memories for MU fans. He did not do alone last year but was definitely the difference maker. On selfish note I wish he were here this season. Loved watching him play D and push it up the court.

Agree, good not great.  He was a difference maker with help. We have had some great guards over the years. I wish him all the best. I am less concerned about any impact he had on this team but more concerned that he would have improved his shot with another year which would help him at the next level.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2014, 05:00:03 PM »
Vander is a stud...replace him with Derrick's minutes this year and we are 20-5 right now!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »
The missing piece.   An every game leader.   A big guard who can defend multiple positions.   An alpha guard who can get his own shot, whether from the 1 or the 2.    I wish him nothing but the best.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brandx

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2014, 05:43:36 PM »
The missing piece.   An every game leader.   A big guard who can defend multiple positions.   An alpha guard who can get his own shot, whether from the 1 or the 2.    I wish him nothing but the best.   

+1

He wanted the ball in his hands with the game on the line. The importance of that cannot be stressed enough. The definition of a leader.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2014, 06:12:00 PM »
Vander is a stud...replace him with Derrick's minutes this year and we are 20-5 right now!!

He'd be replacing Jake, not Derrick.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2014, 06:14:35 PM »
He'd be replacing Jake, not Derrick.

Well in my perfect world he would run the point and play 35 a game.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2014, 06:16:27 PM »
He was a guy who wanted the ball in his hands when it meant something. Most guys wait for the light to change to cross the street, Vander is type that goes against the light. Few have that skill and most of are jealous of those who do. Win or lose VB was a guy who wanted the ball. That is missing this year and hopefully someone,likely mayo, becomes that guy.

feedback