Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The middle of the Big East  (Read 9195 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: The middle of the Big East
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 10:38:34 PM »
Looking strictly at the loss column, MU is in sole possession of 4th place, one game behind 3rd place Xavier.

With one game against XU to be played, MU controls its own destiny for a 3rd place finish... such would place them squarely onto this year's soft bubble.  This plus a decent showing in the BET and MU should dance.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 11:06:05 PM »
Looking strictly at the loss column, MU is in sole possession of 4th place, one game behind 3rd place Xavier.

With one game against XU to be played, MU controls its own destiny for a 3rd place finish... such would place them squarely onto this year's soft bubble.  This plus a decent showing in the BET and MU should dance.

Plenty of examples of teams finishing higher than other teams in their own conferences and failing to make it while a team behind them did.  I don't disagree that a 3rd place finish is good, considering where we have been, but I wouldn't link it necessarily with putting us on the bubble. 

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 08:30:19 AM »
You really believe that we need the rest of the season to assess if we re good this year? What have we done this year so far to warrant that belief? Could of like hoping you hit the lottery?

I do.  We have not been good this year to date.  But we have enough talent to finish strong, if we can jell now.  If we play up to the level of our talent for the next six weeks, we still could salvage this season.  Stay alive and get hot at tourney time.  Everyone remembers a season by how you finish, not by how you started.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2014, 11:53:10 AM »
It would help if Butler and DePaul would be bros and win a couple unexpected games down the stretch so we can climb the standings.

feedback