Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Would Diamond Stone be a 1 and done?  (Read 33780 times)

Coleman

• All American
Re: Would Diamond Stone be a 1 and done?
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 11:45:24 PM »
As other eluded to, he does play against talented bigs in elite camps, AAU, etc.  Dominican is a D4 private school which does play against some D1 programs,etc. (Germantown) but in conference and the state tourney they play against similar enrollment--which means very small school kids from country roads in Sconnie.

And other urban Catholic schools....

Honestly it's a decent level of competition. Lots of talent at the likes of Racine St. Cats, Kenosha St. Joes, Pius IX, etc.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2014, 08:05:31 AM »
They don't play Pius.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2014, 09:23:10 AM »
And other urban Catholic schools....

Honestly it's a decent level of competition. Lots of talent at the likes of Racine St. Cats, Kenosha St. Joes, Pius IX, etc.

Their conference is terrible.  St. Catherine's might be the best other team, but they generally win their conference games by 15-20 points. 

Stone lives in Tosa.  He went to Dominican to play for Paul Wollersheim, who was fired after arrested for sexual assault.  (They declined to press charges, but he resigned.)  And now he's playing for a coach who clearly isn't as good, at a level that is clearly beneath him.

Perhaps he should have stayed at Tosa East to play D1 ball?  (They aren't very good either.)  Who knows what his decision would be if he had it over.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2014, 09:30:50 AM »
Diamond will go downas one of the 5 best centers to have ever played in Wisconsin and I don't agree at all with the attitude comments.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:32:38 AM by TedBaxter »
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2014, 09:34:17 AM »
Diamond will go downas one of the 5 best centers to have ever played in Wisconsin and I don't agree at all with the attitude comments.

I completely agree with this as well.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2014, 09:52:29 AM »
Greek Freak's bro starts Dominican on Monday. Won't be playin' hoops 'til next season. GA says his 6'6" kin will be better than his own self.

What year will little Greek freak be?

hilltopper03

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2014, 10:24:21 AM »
What year will little Greek freak be?

He'll be in the class of 2016

murara1994

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2014, 11:04:31 AM »
So we have a thread bashing a top 10 recruit seriously considering MU?  What is wrong with you people?  And where are the moderators?  Anything in the name of 'free speech' I guess.  What a crock.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2014, 11:08:04 AM »
So we have a thread bashing a top 10 recruit seriously considering MU?  What is wrong with you people?  And where are the moderators?  Anything in the name of 'free speech' I guess.  What a crock.

This is bashing?

Troll.

brandx

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2014, 12:08:19 PM »
Scout and Rivals both say that NC hasn't offered yet.......not sure if those are up to date or not but I haven't read about an offer from UNC, Duke or Kentucky yet. I could have missed it....

As far as playing against other bigs.....in high school most of the people he plays against are smaller but he has gone to toe with other elite bigs in AAU and USA basketball and done very well.

Impossible to tell if he will be an early entry kind of guy..........6'10 250 a good but not elite level athlete.

I saw Demarcus Cousins play in high school and I can't say that Stone is at that level yet but he does have another year so......

Then again, Cousins is the premier offensive center in the NBA and no one else is even close.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2014, 12:30:39 PM »
Not to put too fine a point on it, but anybody criticizing the theoretical attitude and theoretical work habits of a high school junior who is considering MU from their keyboard is a moron.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brandx

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2014, 12:35:40 PM »
Not to put too fine a point on it, but anybody criticizing the theoretical attitude and theoretical work habits of a high school junior who is considering MU from their keyboard is a moron.   

+1000

He's down low with 2 and 3 guys on him every play. If he went outside to get the ball and shoot, the same "experts" would be saying he is a ball hog just interested in his own stats.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2014, 12:38:01 PM »
I doubt he will be a one year player. Dakari Johnson has a similar build and is struggling this year. He's averaging 5 & 3 in about 11 minutes. He gets into foul trouble and isn't ready offensively. And he played against some of the best competition in the country in high school and AAU.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2014, 12:45:25 PM »

jim chones, joe wolf, kurt nimphius, luke fischer, keaton nankivil, kurt portmann, brian butch...we're talking high school right-i'm not taking into consideration how well or not they did post high school.  so diamond's got to fit somewhere around these 7 that i've found?  hard to say as i haven't run any numbers or compared wins, losses or titles/team ranks.  i may have overlooked some?  i welcome any additions to this list without changing the post or moving it to the superbar that is.  maybe it would make a good subject all on it's own...
don't...don't don't don't don't

murara1994

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2014, 12:49:59 PM »
This is bashing?

Troll.
However you want to characterize it, seems ill-advised at minimum.

brandx

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2014, 12:51:18 PM »
jim chones, joe wolf, kurt nimphius, luke fischer, keaton nankivil, kurt portmann, brian butch...we're talking high school right-i'm not taking into consideration how well or not they did post high school.  so diamond's got to fit somewhere around these 7 that i've found?  hard to say as i haven't run any numbers or compared wins, losses or titles/team ranks.  i may have overlooked some?  i welcome any additions to this list without changing the post or moving it to the superbar that is.  maybe it would make a good subject all on it's own...

John Rushing was also as good in HS as anyone on the list other than maybe Chones.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2014, 01:04:41 PM »

Sack up, sally. Three people mentioned Stone's attitude -- one of whom seemed to point more towards not being engaged -- and more then three people talked about how great Stone is and will likely go down as one of the best in the history of Wisconsin. If this is a "bashing", you must reside in a pillow-lined house.

By the way, considering some of the issues with the present incarnation of MU basketball it's no shock there are fans out there with concerns over attitude, body language, and engagement from the player.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2014, 01:09:12 PM »
However you want to characterize it, seems ill-advised at minimum.

If stone and/or his family have been reading this web site, they've seen a ton of material on him.  

98.3% of what is written about him is über good.  Every now and then, there are comments about how he mails it in on some plays.  There was a thread about a month ago about Stone and Ellenson both having mediocre games against each other.  No big deal.

My point is that stone was not being "bashed". I get your point that fans should be aware that recruits read this stuff.

I'm sure that stone and family read the thread about Buzz's Bunch.  All they need to do is read the badger blog response to that story.  Enough said.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2014, 01:10:37 PM »
Keefe needs to chime in with a reference to Sly and the Family Stone, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2014, 01:12:20 PM »
Keefe needs to chime in with a reference to Sly and the Family Stone, aina?

They must not have 'lectricity in Honduras and/or the interweb.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2014, 02:40:03 PM »
I hope Stone comes to MU (obviously) and that he is good enough to be a legitimate 1-and-done.

By legitimate, I mean not somebody who merely thinks he is a 1-and-done, leaves early, gets drafted late (or not at all) and messes up his life.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

thebadge10

• Walk-On
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2014, 04:07:35 PM »
Stone and Ellenson were both at the Badger game today.  Third time for Stone this year.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2014, 04:17:09 PM »
Stone and Ellenson were both at the Badger game today.  Third time for Stone this year.

So?? Leabe to the Vag to come here and try to stir up crap. Do you even know how many MU games he's been to?? Or that Stone's dad was so into an MU game recently he was up cheering like a 30 year old season ticket holder??

Now run along....and enjoy your sucky ass win today. MSU at full strength blows you out of the Kohl hole. FACT. Just like you got to play Florida's JV team earlier this year. Badgers only get MSU at home. Why does it seem that most years UW gets all the top teams only once, and at home??

“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2014, 05:14:47 PM »

We're still in it because some Badger posters were dumb enough to admit that Buzz's work with disadvantaged kids indicates that he has "some" good in him.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

brandx

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2014, 05:23:25 PM »
If stone and/or his family have been reading this web site, they've seen a ton of material on him.  

98.3% of what is written about him is über good.  Every now and then, there are comments about how he mails it in on some plays.  There was a thread about a month ago about Stone and Ellenson both having mediocre games against each other.  No big deal.

My point is that stone was not being "bashed". I get your point that fans should be aware that recruits read this stuff.

I'm sure that stone and family read the thread about Buzz's Bunch.  All they need to do is read the badger blog response to that story.  Enough said.

I have absolutely no problem with a critique (good or bad) over how he played in a game.

When the discussion turns to the attitude of a high school kid (only a junior) that none of you have ever met or talked to - that is pathetic. Maybe you all can hold him to the same standards as you would an adult, but you are clueless if doing so.

feedback