collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 01:40:18 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Northwestern Basketball?  (Read 7845 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Northwestern Basketball?
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 05:08:18 PM »
Lost today at home to Nebraska.  The Cornhuskers are improved from last year, but if you want to make the tournament you need to take care of that one at home.  This is the kind of game that NW seems to lose year in and year out that prevents them from getting over the hump.

Their projected RPI is now 116, no way with that RPI are they going to the dance.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 08:15:25 PM »
Lost today at home to Nebraska.  The Cornhuskers are improved from last year, but if you want to make the tournament you need to take care of that one at home.  This is the kind of game that NW seems to lose year in and year out that prevents them from getting over the hump.

Their projected RPI is now 116, no way with that RPI are they going to the dance.

Yeah today was kind of the death knell for their at large hopes unless they do something crazy.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2014, 10:15:41 PM »
Yeah today was kind of the death knell for their at large hopes unless they do something crazy.

I agree ... But something crazy is what they did last week, winning at Bucky and Minnesota so don't count them out.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2014, 07:10:05 PM »
If Drew Crawford is the second or third best player in the conference then the conference is vastly overrated.

Crawford goes 1/15 today. Wonder if Chicos still has him as the 2nd or 3rd best player in the Big Ten?!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2014, 07:12:47 PM »
Crawford goes 1/15 today. Wonder if Chicos still has him as the 2nd or 3rd best player in the Big Ten?!

You mean guys can have bad games...crazy.  You still have MU winning the conference from months ago?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2014, 07:13:47 PM »
'Cats ran outta juice today. Hung in 'til final minute. Gettin' nothin' from Sobolewski and missin' a few front ends is tough. They're headed in the right direction, doe.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2014, 07:25:08 PM »
You mean guys can have bad games...crazy.  You still have MU winning the conference from months ago?

So wait.. you still think he's arguably the second or best player in the Big Ten? lol

"You still have MU winning the conference from months ago?" -- when was this? Sounds like you've got me confused with someone else, Chicos.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2014, 09:25:27 PM »
Seriously, their athletics are perfectly fine and competitive. Especially, considerin' the high selectivity of the university. More schools should put the whole athletic thing in perspective instead of prostitutin' themselves to the all mighty dollar, coaches, and athletes.

I had one kid play LAX at a Little Ivy and another football in the Pac 10. There was no difference in intensity or student enthusiasm at either but the kids at Middlebury were much better integrated into the mainstream campus life. There weren't special dorms or training table and they had access to tutors just like everyone else on campus. I doubt there has ever been an illicit payment made to a player and I am guessing there has never been an issue with theft from local stores.

And it's not as if LAX is a minor sport. Middlebury has won 6 or 7 NCAA titles. Athletics at the Little Ivies have a long history rich in tradition. One of the more impressive traditions is the alumni games. Middlebury and Bowdoin alumni play each other in LAX every year and there are guys from the 1930's out on the pitch. It is refreshing to see such purity in student athletics.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 10:50:06 PM »
So wait.. you still think he's arguably the second or best player in the Big Ten? lol

"You still have MU winning the conference from months ago?" -- when was this? Sounds like you've got me confused with someone else, Chicos.

Maybe it wasn't you.....I could have been entranced by the glidden thread, don't remember.

I like Crawford as a player, thought Northwestern wasn't half bad this year, but as is the annual Cats legacy, they just don't have enough consistently.  You liked Northwestern, too, if I recall...enough to potentially put a few bucks down on them.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 11:30:52 PM »
God knows I've put a few bucks on them more than once.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 11:54:31 PM »
God knows I've put a few bucks on them more than once.

Betting with your heart? 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2014, 08:30:21 AM »
Put me down for in excess of 6 figures also.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"