[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 'Cats Spankin' Bucky...  (Read 3088 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
'Cats Spankin' Bucky...
« on: January 29, 2014, 09:39:28 PM »
in Sin City.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: 'Cats Spankin' Bucky...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:41:14 PM »
I believe the proper format is to say humiliated or something like that.  Just look for a thread where IU has lost to the same team and repeat.

Or maybe NW ain't so bad.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:55:26 PM »
I believe the proper format is to say humiliated or something like that.  Just look for a thread where IU has lost to the same team and repeat.

Oh, they're plenty bad. All of college basketball is bad. We're not doing well so nobody has to bring it up to minimize our accomplishments.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 09:59:26 PM »
Can't judge Chris Collins yet since it hasn't been 5 years. But, from what I've seen so far, I like him.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 10:07:24 PM »
NU's first win in Madison since 1996. Go 'Cats
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 10:11:36 PM »
UW coming down hard from their three-point sugar high. No balance offensively, and terrible defensively. They need to hit threes in bunches to win.

Ripe for a tourney upset, IMO.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 10:15:21 PM »
UW coming down hard from their three-point sugar high. No balance offensively, and terrible defensively. They need to hit threes in bunches to win.

Ripe for a tourney upset, IMO.

Freain' Northwestern just beat em - in Madison! Won't be much of an upset when Bucky goes down.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 10:17:48 PM »
Can't judge Chris Collins yet since it hasn't been 5 years. But, from what I've seen so far, I like him.

Anybody can win with Bill Carmody's players! Got handed a Ferrari, all he's gotta do is turn the key.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 11:07:56 PM »

I watched the NW vs. Depaul game and came away thinking that NW was the worst team I have seen play this year. 

augoman

• All American
baajrrs stumble again...
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 11:09:20 PM »
how does the Wildcats win effect MU's loss at the Kohl?

bilsu

• All American
Re: baajrrs stumble again...
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 07:17:42 AM »
It still is a lost. All this shows is the Badgers were playing at a high level at the start of the year. However, they have not improved, while the most of the other  teams have improved significantly. The same goes for Ohio St.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 08:08:35 AM »
I watched the NW vs. Depaul game and came away thinking that NW was the worst team I have seen play this year. 

Early game in the season, new coach, etc....happens.  If the only game a person watched last year of MU was our game against UWGB, what would the conclusion have been?

I don't think NW is that good, they just aren't nearly as bad as people want to make them out to be.  They have too many scalps to prove that already.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 08:19:34 AM »
Boy, Wisconsin is tough to figure. I certainly don't see them doing much in the tournament, but thought they have a pretty easy time finishing near the top of the Big10. Is college basketball just that bad this year? I thought MSU was really good, but with their injuries, that seems to be in trouble. It's just tough to pick winners and losers right now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 09:23:54 AM »
Boy, Wisconsin is tough to figure. I certainly don't see them doing much in the tournament, but thought they have a pretty easy time finishing near the top of the Big10. Is college basketball just that bad this year? I thought MSU was really good, but with their injuries, that seems to be in trouble. It's just tough to pick winners and losers right now.

College basketball has been bad for a few years.  A handful of elite teams...a few surprises...a ton of mediocrity.

UW is what they have always been on the offensive end.  A jump shooting team that runs hot and cold, and when they are cold, they are bad.  But their problem this year is defensive.  I think they miss Bergerren and Bruiser more than people thought they would.  Kaminsky just isn't a rim defender in the same mold.

At one point, Bo had to have him and Nigel Hayes in the game at the same time because Northwestern was just getting bucket after bucket in the lane.  And that just opened them up on the outside.

And Sam Dekker is a terrible defender.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 09:31:54 AM »
Bucky is small.   Dekker at the 4 with 3 average sized guards.   Offensively, they live and die by the 3.   Defensively, they can't stop dribble penetration and don't usually have the size on the floor to help adequately.    Hit shots, win.    Miss shots, not good enough defensively to win.   Which sounds vaguely familiar. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 09:32:49 AM »
Bucky is small.   Dekker at the 4 with 3 average sized guards.   Offensively, they live and die by the 3.   Defensively, they can't stop dribble penetration and don't usually have the size on the floor to help adequately.    Hit shots, win.    Miss shots, not good enough defensively to win.   Which sounds vaguely familiar. 
Bingo.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 09:54:06 AM »
I don't think NW is that good, they just aren't nearly as bad as people want to make them out to be.  They have too many scalps to prove that already.

They are a tough, fairly well disciplined team with a few great players.  Crawford is a tough mofo, as you'd expect a 5th year senior to be, Demps is very good, Cobb and Lumpkin both show flashes.  They've also went on this run without their starting PG in Sobolewski.  Collins has them playing very well.  Unfortunately I think they hurt themselves WAY too much early in the year to snip a tourney bid unless something crazy happens.  Watching Crawford makes me wish those transferring rumors had been true.  Him starting at the 2 would have been a godsend, but props to sticking it out in Evanston.

Dekker is only a sophomore, so he has time to figure it out, but he has Jamil Wilson syndrome.  Just looks completely passive and takes some questionable shots.  And as Sultan said, he's miserable defensively.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 10:04:09 AM »
Northwestern is decent and improving, but I wouldn't say that they are anything better than average.  I mean, Bucky put a press on them, and they looked like a bunch of sixth graders that were seeing a press for the first time.  At one point, they broke it down to a 2 on 1 break with Travon Jackson being the only defender back...and the guy travels.  You're intimidated by a six foot guard at the rim???

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 10:49:16 AM »
'Cat's are on the come, doe.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback