[Today at 01:31:24 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:29:26 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 3.5 days, 44 beers, 4 games, and 2 AWESOME wins  (Read 2036 times)

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
3.5 days, 44 beers, 4 games, and 2 AWESOME wins
« on: November 22, 2006, 02:20:13 AM »
Mark it down - it's 2:00AM on 11/22 and Rocky and I are officially tapped out of beer - none went to waste.

The duke game tonight was amazing.  Ranks right up there with the pittsburgh game at home last year.  This is truly a talented TEAM and one to enjoy over the season.  I, for one, am certainly pumped for more!

Again, some very awesome vision but this time from Cubillan.  I have to keep reminding myself he's a freshman.  Still, he can defend like NOBODY'S business.  Nice to see DJ generating foul calls too (on the opponents).  FT shooting was an issue but not in the first half (thanks to the refs we did not have the opportunity to shoot ourselves in the foot that way then even if we had wanted to).

Duke is a team not to be overlooked or taken lightly.  Our guys were pouring on the energy and barely keeping up most of the game - but keep up is what we did and paced ourselves well.  It was obvious Duke was tired and starting to play sloppy with about 6 minutes to go in the 2nd half.  That was our cue and DJ led the way offensively.  The team as a whole created the turnovers defensively during that span (including some impressive rebounds from fitz who was not afraid to jump into the fray under the duke basket).  Note to future duke opponents, do NOT underestimate that team - I give sincere respect to them - we knew an 11 point lead with only 2 minutes left might not be enough.

Barro was very very solid playing against bigger guys.  We played a very physical team against duke , matched the intensity, and doubled the intensity.  Excellent preparation for the likes of Pittsburgh (had it not been for the blue uniforms I would have thought it WAS Pitt).

Lots of different looks.  I was quite happy that when DJ had to go out (with a leg cramp? certainly NOT ankle like AP keeps reporting...) we didn't miss much of a beat.

Final note, Marquette crowd might have been outnumbered but we were LOUD, HEARD, and DOMINATING.  Nice to be fired up!!!
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.