[Today at 10:05:09 AM]

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by wadesworld
[Today at 10:04:06 AM]

2024-25 Roster by tower912
[Today at 07:04:54 AM]

NM by rocket surgeon
[Today at 05:46:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Homer is checking  (Read 9643 times)

tower912

• All American
Homer is checking
« on: January 22, 2014, 07:51:17 AM »
Buzz has his weekly radio show tonight.    Some questions I would like asked.
With Steve Taylor Jr. apparently healthy, do you foresee a change in the rotation up front?
Has John Dawson earned more minutes and your trust, or was the Georgetown game an outlier?
You have said this team has a run in them.   Aside from the schedule easing, what signs have you seen that indicate that?
Does Todd ever smile?
How is JaJuan's ankle?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: Homer is checking
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 08:52:46 AM »
I posted this as a separate thread, but will add it here in case Homer does read this ...

---------------

Regarding Gardner's FTs ...

In the first game this year (Nov 8, Southern) he was 15 for 20 (75%) in FTs

Over the next 12 non-conference games he was 25 for 42 (59.5%) in FTs

Since BE pay started with Creighton (6 games ago), he is a sizzling 30 for 32 (94%)!

Why the turnaround?  What is Gardner doing now that he was not earlier?  Is is merely confidence?

ATVSandKARATE

• Scholarship Player
  • Deflections!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 09:40:23 AM »
I like the STj question. Also, is the freshman's minutes going to keep going up? What do they need to do to get more PT (particularly Deonte and Dawson)?
I have been thinking about you a lot since last weekend. A whole lot.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 09:53:51 AM »
Homer: Another great question: Why is Du. Wilson suiting up, what is his medical status, and how was the RS decision arrived at? Follow up: How does Duane feel about this?

Plenty of response opportunity for Buzzspeak with those questions.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

garbier1

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 10:07:26 AM »
Bring on those questions or come by Ward's House of Prime from 6-7 tonight.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Homer, in case you are checking.....
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 10:10:35 AM »
Has John Dawson earned more minutes and your trust, or was the Georgetown game an outlier?

And two related questions:  Was the decision to insert Dawson early against Georgetown prompted by their zone?  And if so, might Derrick and Dawson find their minutes affected by the other team's use of zone vs man to man?

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 10:11:31 AM »

This question has to be asked....please ask it Homer!
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 10:18:02 AM »
It seems like MU has been taking a lot more threes in the second halves of games lately. Any particular reason for it?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 10:20:38 AM »
For Buzz: Are you Goldenboy? If so, who is the 2016 mystery recruit that is committing but keeps pushing the commitment date back? When will Diamond Stone adequately have satisfied his father by going through the recruiting process and announce his commitment to play at Marquette? If you are not Goldenboy16, do you know these things or does Goldenboy know things that you are not even aware of?

Thanks Hometeam!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 10:26:40 AM »
Buzz can't answer questions about unsigned recruits.   

In your coaching experience, why do teams that have been moving the ball well, running the offense, getting good looks, suddenly stop moving and quit doing all of the things that were succeeding?   It isn't just this team, it is a phenomenon I have witnessed in countless games by countless teams. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 10:32:11 AM »
With the graduation of the entire frontline and size, do you plan on utilizing Luke Fischer at the #5 position next year?  Hopefully in 2015 there will be a true #5, from Wisconsin, arriving. 

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 10:58:38 AM »
Deonte Burton has struggled the last couple of games, is this because of a "freshmen wall", increasing competition, or just a slump he will work his way out of?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 10:59:57 AM »
Understanding that you play every game to win, what's your opinion on what our record will need to be to lock up an NCAA bid?

By the way Homer, how are you feeling these days?  Hope all is well.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:08:36 PM by real chili 83 »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 11:01:13 AM »
If you could buy the restaurant, would you change the name to "Big Buzz's House of Munch"???
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 11:05:42 AM »
Steve Taylors playing time has been hard to figure out.  Initially it appeared to be injury/atrophy, but then he would play a minute or two. Then none at all>  So has it been practice performance or just getting healthy?  can we assume he is now healthy and practicing well?

Bob "Big Daddy" Wild

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 11:06:04 AM »
The over/under on Steve Taylor Jr. questions/comments you have received since the Georgetown game is 100.  

Have you hit the over yet?

Former president.  Part-time MUScooper.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 11:12:39 AM »
I second (or rather, one-hundredth) the questions about Taylor, Dawson, and JaJuan Johnson. Specifically: Does Buzz anticipate that Taylor and Dawson will see more minutes, especially in the 2nd half of games? And is JaJuan Johnson healthy?

Ultimately, to what extent did the Georgetown game change Buzz's plans for rotation and minutes?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 11:14:33 AM »
Buzz

Could you give us an update on the play of Ahmed Hill, Shayok, Sandy Cohen and Pierce this season?

I have watched some tape of Hill and he looks like a guy who could also play some point guard if needed. Do you see that as a possibility?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
SportsVU.

In what way has it helped?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 11:23:26 AM »
To steal one of Tower's ideas: With all the new talent coming in next season, is there any plan to go on an overseas trip or something similar to get the youngsters used to playing with each other?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 11:34:10 AM »
For Buzz: Are you Goldenboy? If so, who is the 2016 mystery recruit that is committing but keeps pushing the commitment date back? When will Diamond Stone adequately have satisfied his father by going through the recruiting process and announce his commitment to play at Marquette? If you are not Goldenboy16, do you know these things or does Goldenboy know things that you are not even aware of?

Thanks Hometeam!

To go off this...

Is Dreadman a person close to the program? Your son? Your secretary? How do they already know that Jajuan told you he's transferring after this season? Has Jajuan actually told you that?

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 11:39:22 AM »
I watched the Georgetown game live and then the replay on FS1. One thing I noticed is that Gardner and Taylor jr played vastly different strategies on defense when in together. Gardner would always follow his man, even out beyond the arc.  In contrast, Taylor sagged deep in the lane even when his man (#3 mostly) had the ball. Neither Gardner not Taylor's man was a threat to shoot past mid range, so why the difference in roles?  It looked to put Gardner out of position to rebound and he picked up some fouls beyond the arc.

Thanks.

slack00

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 11:42:21 AM »
With news of Vander Blue signing a 10-day contract with the Celtics and DJO and Trent playing pretty well in the D-League, how often do you keep in touch with your NBA Players, D-Leaguers, and overseas players?  Are there one or two that you are particularly closer with?

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 12:06:06 PM »
Buzz

Could you give us an update on the play of Ahmed Hill, Shayok, Sandy Cohen and Pierce this season?

I have watched some tape of Hill and he looks like a guy who could also play some point guard if needed. Do you see that as a possibility?

I don't believe coaches are allowed to talk about signed recruits without committing a violation.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 12:15:39 PM »
I don't believe coaches are allowed to talk about signed recruits without committing a violation.

Signed guys? Really? Did not know that.

feedback