Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JJJ  (Read 7138 times)

john_cocktoasten

• Scholarship Player
JJJ
« on: January 21, 2014, 02:17:13 PM »
Is he injured or did he get put on Buzz's sh!t list?  He seemed to be moping around last night.  I wouldn't be surprised if he transfers to Memphis next year.

MUfan12

• All American
Re: JJJ
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 02:19:11 PM »
Is he injured or did he get put on Buzz's sh!t list?  He seemed to be moping around last night.  I wouldn't be surprised if he transfers to Memphis next year.

Sprained his ankle before the Butler game.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 02:25:29 PM »
If that makes him transfer then, adios. Not warrior material

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 02:32:18 PM »
Is he injured or did he get put on Buzz's sh!t list?  He seemed to be moping around last night.  I wouldn't be surprised if he transfers to Memphis next year.

If he fit in with Memphis' needs in this year's class, he'd probably be there.  He was buddies with Nick King who signed with Memphis and the two of them talked about going there together.  If he decides to move on, he'll certainly have a long list to choose from, I just don't expect Memphis to be on it.  Nor do I really expect to see him transfer.

Come to think of it, I can remember a few occasions where I saw him whooping it up after a big play went MU's way.

Jake's graduating, Todd's status can be dicey, and Ahmed Hill as a freshman will be probably going through the same growing pains that JJJ is experiencing this year.  I like JJJ's chances to have a big impact next year, if not still this year.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:42:07 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 03:20:41 PM »
He looked okay to me on the sideline. Sprained ankles shouldn't keep him out this long. Might be doghouse?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 03:28:33 PM »
Sprained ankles shouldn't keep you out 5 days?   Depends on severity.  When is the last time you sprained your ankle?    Quit looking for conspiracies.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu35577

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 03:29:50 PM »
Was at the Butler and and saw he was in a walking boot. He was walking around, but if he was in a boot on Saturday, its unlikely that he would be able to play two days later...
"Give 'em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 03:30:53 PM »
All of this speculation is based on one guy here saying Johnson told him he was leaving. I wouldn't bet the house on that.

Death on call

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 03:32:24 PM »
He looked okay to me on the sideline. Sprained ankles shouldn't keep him out this long. Might be doghouse?

Lol. Thanks, Doc. You ascertained all of that by watching him on the sidelines, huh?

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 03:33:43 PM »
All of this speculation is based on one guy here saying Johnson told him he was leaving. I wouldn't bet the house on that.

Right JJJ has No reason to transfer....

If you earn it you will pay ask John D or StJr.

Believe in the system.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 03:35:28 PM »
Lol. Thanks, Doc. You ascertained all of that by watching him on the sidelines, huh?

Well, when the game gets to be a blowout, there's not a lot else to do, I'm really a badger fan?

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 03:39:20 PM »
john_cocktoasten is a troll.  He's on a few of the MU boards making d-bag comments. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 03:52:46 PM »
Sprained ankles shouldn't keep you out 5 days?   Depends on severity.  When is the last time you sprained your ankle?    Quit looking for conspiracies.

Recall from his tweet last week that he rolled is ankle last Wednesday.  Kept out of Saturday (Butler) and Monday Georgetown).  That is 5 days.

Should see him in the lineup Saturday against Nova.  If not, then we have something to talk about. 

Until then their is nothing here, move along.

brandx

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 04:01:09 PM »

What? Depending on type of sprain - 4 weeks is not uncommon.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 04:04:54 PM »
What? Depending on type of sprain - 4 weeks is not uncommon.

So people think their are two types of ankle sprains:

1) in a cast, on crutches and visibly uncomfortable every second in public.
2) no big deal, rub some dirt on it and get back out there.

Quit trying to insert logic and medical understanding into this discussion.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 04:33:05 PM »
Trolls gonna troll
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 05:15:55 PM »
I really do not think JJJ will transfer. He was homesick in the beginning, but he always seems like he is enjoying being on the team.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 05:55:58 PM »
JJJ has a bright future here.

I hope he gets better and sees the floor more.
He's the offensive punch we need, I think: strong drives to the hoop, can hit the 3, and great for the transition game.
SS Marquette

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 06:10:22 PM »
I think JJJ was probably active to play but he probably missed practice on Thursday and Friday. With the game Saturday and the quick turnaround Monday, it's probably best to give him a few extra days after missing practice. I thought he was in good spirits and was not moping around.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 06:43:03 PM »

Ok, I've now seen two of your posts and both are sensationalized bs. Calm down with the quick trigger finger there, cocktoaster.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 08:15:30 PM »
Ok, I've now seen two of your posts and both are sensationalized bs. Calm down with the quick trigger finger there, cocktoaster.
Look up cock toast in urban dictionary. Cock toast = troll.

Or it should.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 08:38:14 PM »

I've spent the better part of the day watching that Dr. Pepper guy over and over again.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 08:44:39 PM »
JJJ is a big part of our future. He is a kid with enormous talent and I love his enthusiasm. He was visibly cheering the team on as he always does. As soon as his ankle is healthy he will back in the line up,as he and Dawson work well together.  If you notice Buzz always talks to JJJ when he comes in and out of the game, he clearly is investing energy in him.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 08:50:03 PM »
Look up cock toast in urban dictionary. Cock toast = troll.

Or it should.

I'm wondering if cocktoasten has something to do with a late hours ComedySports spinoff, Cock 'n' Toast.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 09:15:57 PM »
JJJ is a big part of our future. He is a kid with enormous talent and I love his enthusiasm. He was visibly cheering the team on as he always does. As soon as his ankle is healthy he will back in the line up,as he and Dawson work well together.  If you notice Buzz always talks to JJJ when he comes in and out of the game, he clearly is investing energy in him.

I agree with this. I saw cheering, and lots of it. Didn't see any moping.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson