Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where has Steve Taylor Been?  (Read 8116 times)

Archies Bat

• All American
Re: Where has Steve Taylor Been?
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2014, 02:09:11 PM »
You kind of have to build warrior1969's argument by implication.  Actually, jesmu84 said that JA, DB or CO didn't play well against Georgetown and that was a factor in Steve getting time.   Steve didn't get time against Butler, therefore, those guys must have played well against Butler or Steve would have gotten in.  

I didn't see the Butler game, so I don't know if Butler played zone.  Warrior1969 doesn't address the point you and jesmu84 make about about Steve coming in to beat Georgetown's zone.

Well said Warrior!

I'm one of the East Coasters who stayed up too late to watch the game (but glad I did).  My brain is not ready to read all those posts to draw all those implications.  My original post mentions CO/JA/DB not having good interior passing skills, but Warrior, by implication, implied I said they had a good game against Butler.  I explicitly did not.

Now that that is said, I implicitly and explicitly agree with what you are implying about the topic.

john_cocktoasten

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2014, 02:12:28 PM »
Buzzard is stubborn as a bull.  We continue to hear how great guys practice but the bring nothing to the team when it come to the games.  

Homer actually tried to get Buzzard to answer someone questions that matter after the game. He was trying to get Buzzard to talk about Booger and STJ’s performance and why they haven’t played more.  Buzzard gave Booger props but didn’t give much to STJ.  He didn’t say if they will play more in the future.

Homer asked him what was the thing that impressed him the most about the win.  Buzzards answer was gauling.  He said it impressed him how well D.Wilson reacted when he sat on the bench for most of the game.  

Are you kidding me?  That’s what impressed him the most?   Give me a break.  

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2014, 02:42:43 PM »
Buzzard is stubborn as a bull.  We continue to hear how great guys practice but the bring nothing to the team when it come to the games.  

Homer actually tried to get Buzzard to answer someone questions that matter after the game. He was trying to get Buzzard to talk about Booger and STJ’s performance and why they haven’t played more.  Buzzard gave Booger props but didn’t give much to STJ.  He didn’t say if they will play more in the future.

Homer asked him what was the thing that impressed him the most about the win.  Buzzards answer was gauling.  He said it impressed him how well D.Wilson reacted when he sat on the bench for most of the game.  

I'm sorry, is your name actually John Cocktoasten? Because... that'd just be a rough life. And no... I am not kidding you, do you know what I am saying?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Milwarriorkee

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2014, 03:10:26 PM »
My point in starting this thread is that there is evidence that STJ's injury rehab is not the main reason he has not been seeing playing time.  I think it was a coaching decision....and a bad one.  For the record I love Buzz and hope he is our coach for decades into the future.  I very much prefer him over Crean.  I am not a Buzz basher.

BUT...I think he can be too stubborn.  I think he generally favors players that he "loves their story" over more highly regarded players.  Vander was an obvious exception to that.

I agree that STJ got minutes because others, especially JA, were abysmal against Georgetown, and he needed to shake things up.  But JA being a non-factor was certainly not limited to the GU game. 

To me, not playing STJ more in prior games is a more compelling issue than the DW vs. JD argument.  Dawson is a freshman, and (at least before Georgetown) was an unknown.  Steve, on the other hand, has a year under his belt and was a regular contributor last year.  At times, he even looked special.  Even with the limited playing time he got prior to the Georgetown game this year, he was our best rebounder. 

Can't change the past but I hope he keeps playing a lot of minutes.  Juan should be a situational sub.

john_cocktoasten

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 03:18:56 PM »
Moon Riverrrrrrrrrr

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 03:37:27 PM »

Buzz incorrectly slobbers over the game changer, Derrick as much as the slurpers here slurp the Lonesome Cowboy, Buzz
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2014, 03:38:37 PM »
john_cocktoasten is a troll.  He's on a few of the MU boards making d-bag comments. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2014, 03:42:10 PM »
john_cocktoasten is a troll.  He's on a few of the MU boards making d-bag comments. 

yes, David M Cook hasn't been around in quite  awhile.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2014, 03:43:34 PM »

Thanks for the head's up.  Especially important given that he and Wee Willie are apparently coordinating attacks.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2014, 03:44:59 PM »
David, David, David.   Why ya gotta troll, bro?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2014, 04:02:32 PM »

Did you also hear the part where Buzz started by saying he was exhausted and wanted to end the interview after saying "thanks" when Homer congratulated him on the win?  Did you hear the long pregnant pauses of an exhausted man mustering the strength to answer a question and when he repeated he was so tired he wanted to fall over.

No matter that Buzz was not thinking clearly, you can go ahead and parse every word like the State of the Union address.  But remember this was not a premeditated interview with a staff hashing out answers.  It was off the cuff of a man that did not want to answer questions at that moment.

Let's wait until Buzz's show tomorrow night when he rested and fed dinner while bantering with Homer.  My guess is the answers will be far different.

Putting you on ignore now.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:06:37 PM by Heisenberg »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2014, 05:16:57 PM »
Did you also hear the part where Buzz started by saying he was exhausted and wanted to end the interview after saying "thanks" when Homer congratulated him on the win?  Did you hear the long pregnant pauses of an exhausted man mustering the strength to answer a question and when he repeated he was so tired he wanted to fall over.

No matter that Buzz was not thinking clearly, you can go ahead and parse every word like the State of the Union address.  But remember this was not a premeditated interview with a staff hashing out answers.  It was off the cuff of a man that did not want to answer questions at that moment.

Let's wait until Buzz's show tomorrow night when he rested and fed dinner while bantering with Homer.  My guess is the answers will be far different.

Putting you on ignore now.

You do not have to parse the State of the Union Address--it is clearly all BS.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Milwarriorkee

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2014, 07:21:39 PM »
Bump

Sorry. Had to.