Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I Like This Cat  (Read 3183 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
I Like This Cat
« on: October 24, 2007, 07:25:48 PM »
For those of you still pissing in your beer over Shumpert, relax and watch the video of Tyshawn Taylor posted on this board.
Taylor is a load at point guard and my prediction is when its all said and done, Shumpert won't be able to carry his jockstrap.
In the video, notice his hops, quickness, use of both hands and ability to finish.
A LOI signed by Tyshawn will solidify the 1 guard spot when James graduates or leaves. Signing Taylor and a solid big will take this recruiting class a long way.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: I Like This Cat
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 07:29:13 PM »
he seems like quite a player.  pure PG.  nice.  if TC cant land him, find a PG next year.

Taylor and Outle....get 'em and let's roll
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 07:33:06 PM by NYWarrior »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 07:47:37 PM »
Another kid who "Just wants to play". When he sees Coobs, and Acker in front, will he be seeing play?

I do like what I saw though.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 07:48:41 PM »
Hate to be a pessimist but he's not coming... he stated in his interview that he wants to go to a school where he's gonna play right away.  Seeing how Iman opted to go to GT because of concerns on playing time and the number of guards, I doubt this lower ranked player would be in a position to get enough playing time as a freshmen.

BTW... I wasn't sure, did he say he likes to run?!?  Roll Eyes
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 08:05:24 PM »
look, DJ is gone after this year.......there's plenty of PT to go around at MU with TC running four-guard sets.  And Wesley and Jerel are only around for one more season.  Time to reload the backcourt

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 08:09:07 PM »
The thing about playing time from recruits bugs me. If they think they're good enough to play in the Association, then it shouldn't matter who's already on the team ahead of them.
I'd love to see a kid come to MU, prove himself on the court and earn a starting spot. If he's good enough to  beat out Lazar, DJ, Matthews, or McNeal, so be it. Its the American way.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 08:59:28 PM »
look, DJ is gone after this year.......there's plenty of PT to go around at MU with TC running four-guard sets.  And Wesley and Jerel are only around for one more season.  Time to reload the backcourt

If Taylor commits, everyone is happy in November.

If Taylor committing leads to Coobey leaving in April, everyone goes apecrap over the transfer rate.

Hmmm.

bs4173

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 09:14:40 PM »
If Taylor committing leads to Coobey leaving in April, everyone goes apecrap over the transfer rate.

I might honestly just be out of the loop, but I feel like this is the first time I've ever seen/heard any mention of the mere possibility of Cubillan leaving after this season. That, or I'm misreading Coobeys Oil Depot's post. That doesn't seem logical, and I highly doubt Coobey would split if he had another great guard with whom to work. Acker, Coobey, Taylor sounds pretty freakin' deep PG-wise if DJ leaves.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 07:59:10 AM »

If Taylor commits, everyone is happy in November.

Hmmm.

Bingo.

I mean, if we want to compete with elite schools, we need to recruit elite talent... but elite talent is often a double edged sword as it can lead to additional transfers.

It's by know means a 1:1 ratio, but if you keep bringing in better and better players, the current players are going to be more likely to look for other places to play.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 08:57:43 AM »
You guys honestly think DJ will not be back his senior season?! He has to put up All-American numbers in every PG catagory for that to happen in my mind. This is going to be a very deep PG draft this spring and if DJ can't score on a regular basis of jumpers, he'll be back his sr yr.

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 09:09:59 AM »
I tend to agree on DJ not leaving, I think after testing the waters this past summer he will be around til the end.  Now he could have a wonderful season, which would be awesome, and then be in a position to leave but i would say 75% chance he is back.  Additionally, I think Taylor is a wonderful guard and definitely can play, but should we not be commiting our last schollie to a big!! I mean jeez!!
Now it very well could be a guy like Cubi would transfer if Taylor was brought in and Dj did not leave, i think if DJ left there would be ample playing time for Cubi.  You hate to see anyone leave especially one that can make shots, but if other guys demonstarte the ability to amke shots his loss is relatively unnoticaeable.  He is active on defense but his results are minimal.  His ability to run an offense or pnentrate is nonexistant.  He is exclusively a 6 foot shooting guard.  Granted last year we had no guards that could shoot and he was huge at times, a glass of water in a drought, if other guys start making shots look for Cubi's time to diminish.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 09:15:05 AM »
Additionally, I think Taylor is a wonderful guard and definitely can play, but should we not be commiting our last schollie to a big!! I mean jeez!!

I'd be shocked if MU didn't fill this recruiting class with four signees.

romey

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 05:38:28 PM »
You guys honestly think DJ will not be back his senior season?! He has to put up All-American numbers in every PG catagory for that to happen in my mind. This is going to be a very deep PG draft this spring and if DJ can't score on a regular basis of jumpers, he'll be back his sr yr.

I tend to agree.  Not sure he goes pro either.

feedback