Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Question for those that rip Derrick Wilson.  (Read 5416 times)

River rat

• Team Captain
Question for those that rip Derrick Wilson.
« on: January 20, 2014, 04:28:02 PM »
Now I am not going to say Derrick is all-world, and I will say that i have not seen a poorer backcourt in the big east, obviously contributing to the teams struggles.  If things worked out differently we would most likely have a back court of some combination of Reggie Smith, TJ Taylor, Duane Wilson and Vander Blue.  But what transpired over the last fews year transpired and here we are today.

However, the poeple that are arguing that Derrick should not be playing, i ask the question...Who then?

Its like arguing for the backup quarterback that the coaches know is not as good as the starter, yet people are unhappy with the starter ....so somehow that makes the back up a better alternative?

Duane Wilson is medically redshirted, does anyone really believe that John Dawson is a better alternative.  If you belive that then i would argue that you are not watching the games or your frustration is clouding your judgement
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:30:09 PM by River rat »

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Question for those that rip Derrick Wilson.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 04:33:56 PM »
Be willing to try Mayo at Point. Ja. Wilson and Jake can help under pressure. Mayo is inconsistenta nd would likely turn it over more, but he can shoot the 3, is a scoring threat, and would prevent defenders from packing it in. Give Mayo 20 plus minutes there, Jamil 8 minutes and Derrick the rest. At this point, what the hell is there to lose.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 04:35:22 PM »
Now I am not going to say Derrick is all-world, and I will say that i have not seen a poorer backcourt in the big east, obviously contributing to the teams struggles.  If things worked out differently we would most likely have a back court of some combination of Reggie Smith, TJ Taylor, Duane Wilson and Vander Blue.  But what transpired over the last fews year transpired and here we are today.

However, the poeple that are arguing that Derrick should not be playing, i ask the question...Who then?

Its like arguing for the backup quarterback that the coaches know is not as good as the starter, yet people are unhappy with the starter ....so somehow that makes the back up a better alternative?

Duane Wilson is medically redshirted, does anyone really believe that John Dawson is a better alternative.  If you belive that then i would argue that you are not watching the games or your frustration is clouding your judgement

You do realize that this is the 943rd thread on this very topic, right?

Also, you do realize that many, many folks have made the argument that, ready or not, Dawson would be a better alternative and should get a huge percentage of Derrick's minutes, right?

Hell, Ners alone has probably made that argument a couple hundred times!

I'll be curious to see if he and anybody else wants to play along one more time. I'm pretty tapped out on this subject.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 04:54:43 PM »
I'm not sayin' there are a lot of threads about Derrick Wilson, but if Chico's wife wove all the threads into the quilt she's making, it would cover Waukesha...

/rimshot
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 05:46:34 PM »
Agreed this team and season are doomed..... The point guard play is abysmal and nothings gonna change. Watch this team from home or listen to them on the radio..... Not worth the price of admission...

When the 30+ min a night starting guy cant make a 1, 2 or 3 pointer with any consistency and the ball cant make it the post to ox because every team on the schedule knows that.

You have a problem. 10-8 is that problem.

Wilson is a backup....
Dawson is a Freshmen....

The end
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:53:46 PM by Nevada233 »

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 06:38:50 PM »
You do realize that this is the 943rd thread on this very topic, right?

Also, you do realize that many, many folks have made the argument that, ready or not, Dawson would be a better alternative and should get a huge percentage of Derrick's minutes, right?

Hell, Ners alone has probably made that argument a couple hundred times!

I'll be curious to see if he and anybody else wants to play along one more time. I'm pretty tapped out on this subject.

Dawson at pg would be disastorous, not a bad shooting form but hasnt hit anything.  Hes actually more of a 2 than a 1.  He was horrid against Butler.  Not really an option for anyone that has paid attention.  Again derrick is below avg but the best we got

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 06:43:55 PM »
Dawson at pg would be disastorous, not a bad shooting form but hasnt hit anything.  Hes actually more of a 2 than a 1.  He was horrid against Butler.  Not really an option for anyone that has paid attention.  Again derrick is below avg but the best we got

He doesnt play remotely enough to say wether he can play or not. Spot minutes mean nothing.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 06:46:07 PM »
He doesnt play remotely enough to say wether he can play or not. Spot minutes mean nothing.

Unless he does something well in those spot minutes. They're then an example of why he could be good.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:54:44 PM by jesmu84 »

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 06:49:10 PM »

Horrible argument.  Going in for 3-4 minutes n killing ur team does not translate into giving him more time n him doing better!!???  It translates into him not being ready or good enuff.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »
I'm not sayin' there are a lot of threads about Derrick Wilson, but if Chico's wife wove all the threads into the quilt she's making, it would cover Waukesha...

/rimshot

Quilt Production at Casa Chico

Death on call

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 07:16:04 PM »
Horrible argument.  Going in for 3-4 minutes n killing ur team does not translate into giving him more time n him doing better!!???  It translates into him not being ready or good enuff.

Anyone who is arguing Dawson is saying they don't care about this season.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 07:31:07 PM »

False...I do care about the season and that's why I want a change. Clearly things haven't been working this year so far, that's why we need a change.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 09:33:17 PM »
Quilt Production at Casa Chico

Looks like your basic Orange County sweatshop, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 09:45:39 PM »
We have to do something with all the illegals

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »
Dawson playing a lot of minutes tonight,even with 4 fouls at the 10 minute mark.Derrick came in earlier,and the offense looked like it did last 10 minutes of Butler game.Pass pass pass,jack up a wild three!!

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 09:52:19 PM »
Lubick is such a hack. How is that not a foul.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 10:10:28 PM »

The point is there is no one.  However that should. It excuse the fact that Derrick aucks.  He turns the ball over with alacrity.  Despite what the stats tell you he is the guy that gets called for traveling 3X's during Butler's 7 min drought. 

Pete Gille. Called him AK greatest player...Trajan Langden would have something to say abou that.  In short he sucks.  There is no better option hence the problem.

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 11:01:17 PM »

+0

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 11:02:10 PM »

I'll wait for your response........

brandx

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 11:06:01 PM »
waiting......waiting.......waiting

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2014, 11:06:07 PM »
Who then?

Ummm ... I hereby nominate John Dawson.

Do I hear a second?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2014, 11:09:16 PM »
Ummm ... I hereby nominate John Dawson.

Do I hear a second?

Second

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 11:12:07 PM »
I'll third, fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. etc. that... yes he's going to make mistakes but the dynamic on offense when he is in the game is totally different than when D. Wilson is in.... I've literally never seen a player get sagged on more than D. Will since I've been following MU

Boone

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2014, 11:19:10 PM »
I'll 2nd that...in an obvious no-brainer.

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2014, 11:21:55 PM »
waiting......waiting.......waiting

Silenced!

Hope he didnt choke on eating his words.