Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Malek Tweet  (Read 7410 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Malek Tweet
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 12:46:30 PM »
Todd Mayo's brother makes $10 million a year. You think Todd's like, "Hey Buzz, I left you hanging for a semester, and for a half, and for a game, and for a summer. Let me make it up to you and pay $35,000 this year so I can open up an opportunity for someone else to come in and challenge me for minutes and I can prove to you I've learned my lesson despite these other high major D1 coaches not only offering me a full ride but also their booster and handlers offering me some cash/gifts. I don't need those things, my family's got money." Haha, nope.

You're probably right about Mayo not coming back as a walk-on to preserve a scholly for somebody else. I wouldn't if I were him. But ...

Even if O.J. made $10 billion or $10 trillion it wouldn't affect Todd's ability to get need-based aid unless O.J. was Todd's legal guardian.

Todd could give up his basketball scholarship, fill out the FAFSA using his parents' income and his own income, and still get aid. Maybe even quite a bit of aid, depending upon his parents' financial situation. Then, when the bill comes for however much he owes, he could just hand it to his brother for payment.

Not that any of that would happen, but it's theoretically possible.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 01:11:27 PM »
I might be way off but I thought OJ was Todd's legal guardian and that was why Todd switched schools so often because he was moving each time OJ did.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 01:18:31 PM »
I might be way off but I thought OJ was Todd's legal guardian and that was why Todd switched schools so often because he was moving each time OJ did.

He only moved from West Virginia to Memphis when OJ was drafted.  He switched schools in the Memphis area and then went to prep school.  I'm pretty sure his mom is his guardian.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 02:17:36 PM »
I thought this thread title was about a recruit named Tweet

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 03:37:12 PM »
I thought this thread title was about a recruit named Tweet

Is Tweet a big?  willie wants to slurp him if so.

feedback