[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Grant Gibbs  (Read 19357 times)

frozena pizza

• All American
Re: Grant Gibbs
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2014, 09:02:35 AM »
All the best for GG and I hope his injury is not too serious.  For some reason I kind of root for Creighton - maybe because I had an ex that went there or maybe because I just find them more likeable than say, Syracuse or UConn.  As a silver lining, if it is a significant injury, it's better for it to happen in early January than early March.  Marquette fans are all too knowledgeable on this point.

The hair comment was funny and spot on.  Lighten up.

An injury to a basketball player is not as unfortunate as war, crime, poverty, or global epidemics.  No one said it was.  I may drop an f-bomb when I spill my coffee but I don't need a lecture on perspective.  Again, lighten up.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 09:04:35 AM »
Mocking an athlete who got injured is classless.   Aspire to be better than this. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 09:09:40 AM »
Mocking an athlete who got injured is classless.   Aspire to be better than this. 

Seriously? If it makes any difference I was making fun of his hair during the game, so the mockery is not due to the injury.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 09:10:20 AM »
Hair is fair game.

No one is mocking the injury or what happened.

Best of luck in his recovery. Always a bummer to see a senior go down.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 09:11:24 AM »
All the best for GG and I hope his injury is not too serious.  For some reason I kind of root for Creighton - maybe because I had an ex that went there or maybe because I just find them more likeable than say, Syracuse or UConn.  As a silver lining, if it is a significant injury, it's better for it to happen in early January than early March.  Marquette fans are all too knowledgeable on this point.

I was rooting for Creighton until the game. Then I realized they are going to be the BEast version of Wisconsin with the flopping and crying.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 09:11:48 AM »

Oh boo hoo.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2014, 09:12:13 AM »
No argument about his hair.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2014, 09:12:35 AM »
thought I saw him drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Great reference.   Aaooooooh!

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2014, 09:17:13 AM »
I was rooting for Creighton until the game. Then I realized they are going to be the BEast version of Wisconsin with the flopping and crying.

Well that's true I guess.  I was a fan of PTM until I had to look at that stupid picture of a girl get smacked with hot dogs everytime I come to this site.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2014, 09:18:36 AM »
thought I saw him drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

I'd like to meet his tailor.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2014, 09:30:51 AM »
Well that's true I guess.  I was a fan of PTM until I had to look at that stupid picture of a girl get smacked with hot dogs everytime I come to this site.

I don't want to disappoint a fan.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2014, 09:36:30 AM »
I kind of root for Creighton - maybe because I had an ex that went there

You are indeed a twisted soul...

Death on call

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2014, 09:42:11 AM »

But mocking an uninjured athlete is not?  So if PTM made the joke(not about the injury, I feel this is important) 24 hours ago it's fine, but now not so much?  Is there a statute of limitations?  If I happen to see Gibbs on tv teamed with an aging Jay Bilas and I comment about Gibbs beautiful, well quaffed hair, does that make me classless?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »
I don't want to disappoint a fan.

Much appreciated.  The "Schmitt's Gay" is getting a bit old too...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2014, 09:54:45 AM »
Much appreciated.  The "Schmitt's Gay" is getting a bit old too...

Really? Geez. I'll have to find something new to replace it first though.

deep vacuum

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2014, 10:20:26 AM »
Maybe something to honor a fallen league mate? A GG head/hair shot with the caption "Aspire to greatness"?  You could insert some hair product into the pic if you would like.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2014, 10:25:20 AM »
If I happen to see Gibbs on tv teamed with an aging Jay Bilas and I comment about Gibbs beautiful, well quaffed hair, does that make me classless?

The 1980's: Those Halcyon Days of shampoo, blow dryers, hair mousse, and flowing tresses

The 1990's: The reality of a mortgage, fatherhood, Patent Pirates, and the words, "please, dear, not tonight" find the dreams begin to recede like the follicles wasted on youth.

Today: The saucy bob now nothing but a hazy memory...Bereft of hope he turns to Gucci loafers to compensate for the loss of youth

Death on call

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2014, 10:26:05 AM »

Don't get me wrong, the skit was hilarious when it first aired in 1991.  Keefe keeps a nice library of visuals and could probably help you out if you're looking for something more updated.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2014, 10:27:07 AM »
He beat me to it, of course.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2014, 10:28:44 AM »
Don't get me wrong, the skit was hilarious when it first aired in 1991.
It's still funny.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2014, 10:29:08 AM »
Don't get me wrong, the skit was hilarious when it first aired in 1991.  Keefe keeps a nice library of visuals and could probably help you out if you're looking for something more updated.

keefe recently discovered Google Image Search.

Schmidtyfactor

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »
Quote from: frozena pizza on Today at 09:44:42 AM
Much appreciated.  The "Schmitt's Gay" is getting a bit old too...

No. It never gets old. Trust me.

it's gonna be a great summer......

🏀

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2014, 10:32:05 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vSMF-4b6wr4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vSMF-4b6wr4</a>

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2014, 11:38:21 AM »
But mocking an uninjured athlete is not?  So if PTM made the joke(not about the injury, I feel this is important) 24 hours ago it's fine, but now not so much?  Is there a statute of limitations?  If I happen to see Gibbs on tv teamed with an aging Jay Bilas and I comment about Gibbs beautiful, well quaffed hair, does that make me classless?
The original post was about how the kid went down with an awful injury and couldn't walk under his own power.  He's had a similar path to O'Tule in terms of tough luck injuries.

If Chris blew out a knee this season would you think it's appropriate for someone to say, "did his goggles stay on his head at least?"

Some people get it, some don't. 

LON

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2014, 11:52:06 AM »
The original post was about how the kid went down with an awful injury and couldn't walk under his own power.  He's had a similar path to O'Tule in terms of tough luck injuries.

If Chris blew out a knee this season would you think it's appropriate for someone to say, "did his goggles stay on his head at least?"

Some people get it, some don't. 

I don't really think that's an apt comparison, not sure though...Chris wears goggles for his, you know, missing eye.  Gibbs rockin' 'do doesn't keep a flap of skin on top of his head.

Who knows though, I don't spend time on other teams' message boards, because, *GASP* they probably make fun of our players.

And you'd think after six years, even opposing fans could probably spell Chris' name correctly.  Otule.