[June 17, 2024, 07:22:01 PM]

Miletic Commits by Pakuni
[June 17, 2024, 04:37:03 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by The Equalizer
[June 17, 2024, 12:55:56 PM]

NBA green room by muwarrior97
[June 17, 2024, 12:30:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Grant Gibbs  (Read 19383 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Grant Gibbs
« on: January 07, 2014, 08:42:18 PM »
Went down with an awful looking injury tonight vs Depaul.  Couldn't walk on it at all.  Shame to see a guy who's out here for a 6th year go down like that. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

🏀

• All American
Re: Grant Gibbs
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:15:01 PM »
Was his hair okay?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 09:17:37 PM »
Was his hair okay?

His hair was perfect

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 09:48:06 PM »
His hair was perfect

Oh good I was worried this may end his modeling career.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 10:07:39 PM »
DePaul looked awful again tonight.  Just 6 conference wins in about 3.5 years.  Have to wonder when his seat will start to get hot.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 10:16:11 PM »
His hair was perfect
thought I saw him drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

chr31ter

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 10:29:10 PM »
DePaul looked awful again tonight.  Just 6 conference wins in about 3.5 years.  Have to wonder when his seat will start to get hot.
It's hot now.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 10:44:54 PM »
Oh good I was worried this may end his modeling career.

Andy's son, no?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 10:50:08 PM »
Andy's son, no?

There is no way...no way in hell that is possible

Death on call

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 11:11:25 PM »
stay classy, guys.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 11:13:32 PM »
What happened to him?  That's sad.  Sorry to the Creighton fans that visit here.  I hope you all would feel our pain if Jake Thomas were to go down.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 11:16:06 PM »
Gibbs is 10x the player that Thomas is. That's a big loss for Creighton.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 11:17:29 PM »
Gibbs is 10x the player that Thomas is. That's a big loss for Creighton.

I guess you didn't pick up on what he was saying there...

Death on call

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 11:34:20 PM »
I guess you didn't pick up on what he was saying there...
Yeah, more smartass BS about a kid from another team getting hurt as a 6th year Senior - hilarious, right?

I apologize to any Creighton fan that actually does read this - it's embarrassing.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 12:07:17 AM »
What I find funny about him is he's older than Jimmy B

Yet, Jimmy is in his 3rd NBA season AND graduated.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 12:10:08 AM »
What happened to him?  That's sad.  Sorry to the Creighton fans that visit here.  I hope you all would feel our pain if Jake Thomas were to go down.

Actually, not really.

Would I feel bad for Thomas, though? Yep.

But I want the freshmen to get more playing time.
SS Marquette

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 01:16:50 AM »
Yeah, more smartass BS about a kid from another team getting hurt as a 6th year Senior - hilarious, right?

I apologize to any Creighton fan that actually does read this - it's embarrassing.

A 24 year old hurt his leg. It is certainly not funny. It is unfortunate.

I personally knew 14 20-somethings who gave their life fighting for their country. They were friends. We will never again hear their laughter. Nor will we benefit from their potential greatness. Their loss is tragic.

I have come across more than one village where every man, woman, and child was killed because the girls were being taught to read or where sharia was not being enforced to the Taliban's satisfaction. That is barbaric. And it is real. Sharia cops drive around Taliban-controlled areas in Toyota pick up trucks and terrorize ordinary people who are simply trying to exist. Those souls are more concerned about famine, disease, and the cold than they ever will be about the Koran. Their most fervent hope is for their children to make it through one more winter. Their agony is heartrending. I have seen hardened Spec Op warriors break down in tears at the sight of this slaughter. As a Christian you must know that their misery is our burden.

Every Monday I am at the VA for treatment for the 100 pieces of shrapnel in my lung and back. And if I ever begin to feel sorry for myself all I have to do is look around the Combat Wound Care Ward and watch the dozens of 20-something men there who are learning to walk on their new legs or to use their new arms. And I see men who possess a courage far greater than you find in a fire fight. Combat is fleeting but paraplegia is only forever if you surrender to it. And these young men will never surrender.

So a 24 year old scholarship athlete hurt his leg tonight. I trust he will receive superb medical care for his injured knee. And he likely will have some Baskin Robbins before he turns in. His injury is merely unfortunate.

Death on call

chapman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 07:30:48 AM »

Have to wonder if the laughably terrible AD will ever have her seat get got.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 07:55:35 AM »

Every Monday I am at the VA for treatment for the 100 pieces of shrapnel in my lung and back.

Keefe,
I know you are working on alternative clean energy also.  Is your real name Tony Stark and are you Iron Man?

On a serious note, is it more damaging to the body to try and remove the shrapnel than to just leave it?

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 08:04:29 AM »

I personally knew 14 20-somethings who gave their life fighting for their country. They were friends. We will never again hear their laughter. Nor will we benefit from their potential greatness. Their loss is tragic.

I have come across more than one village where every man, woman, and child was killed because the girls were being taught to read or where sharia was not being enforced to the Taliban's satisfaction. That is barbaric. And it is real. Sharia cops drive around Taliban-controlled areas in Toyota pick up trucks and terrorize ordinary people who are simply trying to exist. Those souls are more concerned about famine, disease, and the cold than they ever will be about the Koran. Their most fervent hope is for their children to make it through one more winter. Their agony is heartrending. I have seen hardened Spec Op warriors break down in tears at the sight of this slaughter. As a Christian you must know that their misery is our burden.

Every Monday I am at the VA for treatment for the 100 pieces of shrapnel in my lung and back. And if I ever begin to feel sorry for myself all I have to do is look around the Combat Wound Care Ward and watch the dozens of 20-something men there who are learning to walk on their new legs or to use their new arms. And I see men who possess a courage far greater than you find in a fire fight. Combat is fleeting but paraplegia is only forever if you surrender to it. And these young men will never surrender.

So a 24 year old scholarship athlete hurt his leg tonight. I trust he will receive superb medical care for his injured knee. And he likely will have some Baskin Robbins before he turns in. His injury is merely unfortunate.

God bless you, man. I wish you nothing but good things for all you have done.

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 08:06:07 AM »

Holy crap, man. This isn't a contest, it's a kid's life. This post so recent after dedicating one to how awesome you think you are because of the work you do? Life isn't about holding everything up to some measuring stick. And if you're going to be crapty and say something like "As a Christian blah blah blah" you should probably read up on pride. As a Christian you must know that it is one of the seven deadly sins. Do good deeds because they are good, not so you can go write about them on a message board.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 08:13:00 AM »
Scrumming for a rebound with a Depaul player. The guy wrapped up Grant from behind and basically tackled him to the ground and his knee got hurt bad. He was taken to the locker room and then came out a little later on crutches to watch the rest of the game form the sidelines.

I'm not going to go out and start proclaiming Depaul has thugs and dirty but I really question the intent of their player (I don't remember exactly who it is). In real time it appeared to be incidental contact but after a few reviews I started to question it. The first part of the game was very scrappy and not paced and guys were going for balls and they got tied up. But when Grant got taken down the defender (from behind) managed to wrap his leg around Grant's and pushed him to the ground.

I, along with many other fans, thought I saw the last play of Grant's Creighton career which has been solid and somehting you can be proud of. He has been an awesome leader and personality on the team. Our assistant coach Steve Merfeld told the radio broadcast, however, that early indications indicated that it MIGHT (emphasis) be as bad as they immediately feared.

Another big concern at the moment is Doug tweaked his shoulder against SHU on Saturday and reaggravated it on a post up in the first half and was in visible pain the rest of the game. His play was inspirational, scoring 12 points in the second half despite wincing every trip down. He had hot pads and cold packs going on his shoulder every time out and every time he subbed out.

Both will have an MRI today. Worst case scenario for Grant is that he tore his ACL and is college career is over. Best case scenario is he may get back by Sunday. As far as Doug, I would think he will be fine and will just have to stay off of it for the rest of the week. The 5 day layoff is huge and much needed after the two game road streak.

I was proud of how our team rebounded from the injury, finishing the half on a 13-4 run after the injury and taken it to Depaul in the second half. Avery Dingman, who has really been struggling with his shot this season after turning into more of a defensive role player, came off the bench and was 6-8 with 16 points and 5 rebounds.

Appreciate the support and will keep you guys updated.

EDIT: It was DeJuan Marrero, efficient 6 minutes of PT knocking out one of our top guys.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:40:41 AM by CreightonWarrior »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 08:37:10 AM »

I don't think any of it was smartass or BS. He's got pretty hair and he chooses to make sure it's done for every game, it's a legitmate question.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2014, 08:42:48 AM »
Holy crap did this board get polarized.  Some people post some light hearted snarkiness about a player not on our team that in no way makes fun of his injury and some people come out with pitch forks and then the defenders of the snark come out with torches to defeat the forces of anti-snark.

Let's just leave it at this, I hope Gibb's and his great hair did not suffer any significant injury and if they did best of luck to the young man in future endeavors.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2014, 08:54:24 AM »
Holy crap did this board get polarized.  Some people post some light hearted snarkiness about a player not on our team that in no way makes fun of his injury and some people come out with pitch forks and then the defenders of the snark come out with torches to defeat the forces of anti-snark.

Let's just leave it at this, I hope Gibb's and his great hair did not suffer any significant injury and if they did best of luck to the young man in future endeavors.

+1. Right? It's crazy when the team loses the losers that start posting.

feedback