Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond Stone  (Read 146061 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone
« Reply #400 on: May 03, 2014, 01:22:04 PM »
Some of those bluebloods are also glamorous and vice versa.  

Glamorous is in the eye of the beholder. MU is glamorous.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #401 on: May 04, 2014, 01:23:45 PM »
Diamond Stone is in a very nice position. He can choose exactly where he wants to go. I see three choices . Local, Blue Blood, Glamour. If comes down to local it is Us Versus Wisconsin, Blue Blood UNC, Duke , Kentucky and Glamour UCLA. At this point I put the probability weighting as equal so we have a one in six chance at getting him.  That is actually a pretty high chance. When Magic Johnson was being recruited Michigan State switched coaches in the middle of the process. Johnson loved Gus Ganakas and had no clue about Jud Heathcoate. He was also looking at Michigan, UNC and UCLA.At the end of the day the mother and father had the most influence and they pushed him to stay home where they knew he would thrive. I think our best asset right now is that Deonte and Duane are enjoying the overall school experience. Kids influence other kids more than you would think.

Some of those bluebloods are also glamorous and vice versa.  

I was just using the classifications local, blue blood and glamour based on how I have seen kids look at things in the past. Obviously UCLA is blue blood if you look at them over a long period of time. I just felt that based on recent performance it is the glamour of their location set up against Beverly Hills, Bel Air West Hollywood etc that is their draw. UNC Duke and Kentucky have high visibility etc but I look at their primary appeal as basketball first . Clearly we are local along with Wisky. It seems like local is a big consideration for the family so I continue to believe we are right there. If the decision is deferred until later in the senior year, we have a chance to show on the court the why we are the best choice.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #402 on: May 04, 2014, 01:32:57 PM »
Marquette is a gold blood which is equal or better than most blue bloods.

ayrton822

• Walk-On
« Reply #403 on: May 05, 2014, 09:05:14 PM »
I haven't been following his recruitment too closely, but is he expected to make a decision soon or no time table currently?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #404 on: May 05, 2014, 09:08:04 PM »
I haven't been following his recruitment too closely, but is he expected to make a decision soon or no time table currently?

Nothing seems imminent.  I would guess nothing until late summer or early fall.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #405 on: May 06, 2014, 12:10:44 AM »

I don't think there is any reason to believe he'll show his cards before the fall signing period.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14