2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Creighton game thread  (Read 14932 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Creighton game thread
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2013, 11:05:22 PM »
MU embarrassed the conference tonight. Well done, gentleman. This piece of crap garbage team has lost me. I can't stomach this crap.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2013, 11:05:32 PM »
Gardner is not going to the pros playing his last season like he did tonight.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2013, 11:05:49 PM »
Post season YMCA tournament bid if this continues

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2013, 11:05:59 PM »
So far, this is not a dynamic, cohesive team that has each other's backs. It helter skelter basketball. I don't think thus is a coaching issue. This team as assembled is not that good yet.  Need a genuine leader, paint touches, scoring Inside and someone who can hit consistently from somewhere.  Milwaukee, We have a problem.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:18:00 PM by Daniel »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2013, 11:06:22 PM »
He must be horrible. Lol. Marquette wont win 10 games in 2014.

Yeah, he is.

And yeah, they will.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2013, 11:07:11 PM »
He misses Larry.

If you look at past years, it's obvious recruiting changes have been implemented. Many players would not have been here had Larry been here earlier. The recruiting class of 2 and 3 years ago is really starting to hurt them. Hopefully get back to getting high level players in the coming years which it seems they are so far.

john31

« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2013, 11:08:17 PM »
That was a full on embarrassment. I hope 2014 treats the Warriors better.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2013, 11:08:37 PM »
It's once thing to lose a road game, it's another to never be a threat to challenge in the game...

this team is so helter-skelter, no identity, no PG, no consistent rotation...

Lots of talent adding up to lots of losses, but we did beat Southern.,...

nyg

• All American
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2013, 11:10:19 PM »
MU had 9 assists to CU's 19.

Gardner, the pre-season BE first team, took 2 shots.  2 shots. UH??????

D. Wil and Thomas had one assist each.  If D. Wil can't even feed the bigmen, then why is he playing.  

MU 2 for 12 from three.......

Juan again did not play well against a good team, but does play well against the cupcakes.  

Who knows, maybe time for a shakeup/rotation cutdown, but maybe they will figure that out.  Had this game for a loss, but not looking this bad.  

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2013, 11:12:29 PM »
Yeah, he is.

And yeah, they will.

PTM, I love the hotdog chick!!

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2013, 11:14:53 PM »
Without an outside threat teams just sag off and double Devante an Chris. Davante just never had an opportunity to score.  A point guard with one assist is not someone who should be on the court.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2013, 11:14:58 PM »
PTM, I love the hotdog chick!!

Right?

It kinda looks like Chris when a rebound comes at him.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2013, 11:15:14 PM »
If you look at past years, it's obvious recruiting changes have been implemented. Many players would not have been here had Larry been here earlier. The recruiting class of 2 and 3 years ago is really starting to hurt them. Hopefully get back to getting high level players in the coming years which it seems they are so far.

Uhm, no.  First off, Larry wasn't around 3 years ago.  He barely was on campus 2 years ago....hired Dec 6th, 2011. 

Larry was around for this year's class, you can't have it both ways.  Besides, it was Buzz that can't stop glowing about Derrick from day one to the present.  Putting ANY of this on Larry or the administration is ridiculous.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2013, 11:18:51 PM »
Is it just me, but does Gardner not seem to handle adversity very well? Poor body language, whining at no calls, minor skirmishes, etc.  Wonder if that rubs off on the rest of the team,

Thought JW came to play and put forth a nice effort tonight. I also expect to see him playing the point for the majority of time here on out.  DW minutes should be dropping.

If Jake's not hitting threes, no sense having him out there.  (I've finally jumped on the "play the freshmen" bandwagon.)

Todd and Juan, well, their performances were unexplainable.

The Bluejays really looked good on their threes tonight.  We REALLY need to be able to do that.  CO and DG won't get any good looks the rest of the year if we can't get some outside shooting going.

Not every year can be gold, but got to stay loyal and support the boys. Let's go Warriors!

Happy New Year all!

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2013, 11:20:54 PM »
Very ugly loss.  I'm going to break all 4 of my forum rules tonite:
Rule 1:  Never criticize Buzz:  Buzz didn't have the right game plan for this game.  Need to stick to your man and prevent the 3's.  It's not that hard.  J Wil did a good job on McDermott.  Didn't need 4 guys on him.  Also I think the reason the team is not cohesive is D. Wilson.  He's an OK defender, but that's it.  I'm off the Derrick moratorium.  He's hurting the team.  Spot minutes on D with a sub for O from here out.  
Rule 2:  Never trust a Freshman:  Burton played good D tonite and while his offense is still is shoot first, shoot second, shoot third, turnover, defensively tonite was a breakout for him.
Rule 3:  Never pick favorites:  Jake was our best player tonight.  For better or for worse, he had better D, more hustle, better positioning, made a few shots and didn't make mistakes.  
Based on how well DePaul played today against GTown, I'm worried for Saturday.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2013, 11:21:10 PM »
Got crushed by a traditional team....smart, good shooters, play positions well, don't make a lot of mistakes, high basketball IQ.

Was hoping for a better effort.  Happy New Year

and now...COLD TURKEY

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2013, 11:24:12 PM »
Uhm, no.  First off, Larry wasn't around 3 years ago.  He barely was on campus 2 years ago....hired Dec 6th, 2011. 

Larry was around for this year's class, you can't have it both ways.  Besides, it was Buzz that can't stop glowing about Derrick from day one to the present.  Putting ANY of this on Larry or the administration is ridiculous.

This is on that sonuvabitch Larry Williams! And Pilarz, too!

Death on call

🏀

• All American
« Reply #142 on: December 31, 2013, 11:25:14 PM »
Got crushed by a traditional team....smart, good shooters, play positions well, don't make a lot of mistakes, high basketball IQ.

Was hoping for a better effort.  Happy New Year

and now...COLD TURKEY

You're going to quit getting baited into the same argument everyday on MUScoop cold turkey? Great resolution.

BenCat12

• Team Captain
« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2013, 11:25:30 PM »

+1
Buzz glowed about Derrick last year saying he was better than Junior (whom I owe a huge apology to).  This has nothing to do with Larry.  This is all on Buzz's stubbornness.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2013, 11:27:19 PM »
Right?

It kinda looks like Chris when a rebound comes at him.
Something about weiners hitting a girls face that is fascinating. I can't stop looking at it.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2013, 11:27:33 PM »
Wonder what the line will be for Depaul, we might be a home underdog...  against a team that has won like 4 conference games in how may years?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #146 on: January 01, 2014, 01:09:30 AM »
Is it just me, but does Gardner not seem to handle adversity very well? Poor body language, whining at no calls, minor skirmishes, etc.

Not just you... He's a f*cking baby. No urgency whatsoever from him. Disappointing from a Senior.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #147 on: January 01, 2014, 01:44:01 AM »
Does anyone here honesty think we beat depaul? I sure dont. Its just a flat out shame that this highly anticipated team is so bad at this point in the season. Im clueless on tangible ways to improve this club (good thing im not a coach).

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2014, 07:49:08 AM »
Neither is the next Roy Hibbert. Now--what about Buzz?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #149 on: January 01, 2014, 07:52:30 AM »
Gardner is not NBA material.  Doesn't matter what he does this season.  NBA doesn't need/want overweight 6'8 post players with limited athletic ability.