[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[June 08, 2024, 10:56:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: This year's Lockett  (Read 4364 times)

wadesworld

• All American
This year's Lockett
« on: December 17, 2013, 08:42:38 PM »
Not Jake Thomas.  Juan on Juan Anderson.  He's absolutely everywhere.  Was not a fan to start the season, but definitely appreciating what he brings lately.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: This year's Lockett
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 08:44:23 PM »
I agree it is definitely him. They are very similar players. Juan a little taller and longer but both do really the same things.

That said, who was the crack head who nominated Jake?
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 08:44:53 PM »
I had just put this in the game thread, could not agree more

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 08:45:34 PM »
Agree - Recall the recruiting story on Juan - Buzz and Benford were scouting another player, and they kept see a kid always in the middle of the action, with a nose for the ball - inquired as to who it was - and it was Juan Anderson.  They then began recruiting Juan.  Think he's shown a great nose for the ball in his time at MU - still needs a little more strength -but will be a nice player the remainder of his career at MU.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 09:05:53 PM »
GET THE BOOT!!! :-\

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 09:06:22 PM »
Not Jake Thomas.  Juan on Juan Anderson.  He's absolutely everywhere.  Was not a fan to start the season, but definitely appreciating what he brings lately.
Yes--he definitely shows improvement.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 09:08:08 PM »
I wish the best for the kid.

I hope he fills out his frame and just is a terror his last year at MU.

Unfortunately, injuries have plagued his three years here: today's turned ankle adds to it.

I cannot believe it's been a quick three years for him. I remember watching his CV team play at Washington HS in Fremont for a CCS playoff game.
SS Marquette

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 09:08:59 PM »
There are times he reminds me of a poor man's Dennis Rodman except with more offense (and sanity).   He is just a glue guy that hustles and is everywhere.

I spit out a bit of scotch when the dufus color commentator said that Juan is not a good leaper but just an outside shooter...huh?

He has always had the motor...now he is putting it together and really showing improvement every game.  He could really be the guy that fills up a balanced stat sheet and really makes a difference and impact on the game.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 09:10:15 PM »
Juan is growing by the game. He's going to be key for us the rest of this season and next year especially. He always had the hustle, but now he picks his spots a lot better and where he was a half step late in the past, he now seems to be on time more often than not. Really looking forward to watching his further development

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 09:19:23 PM »
Early candidate for SoG tonight....

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 09:19:50 PM »
Juan is growing by the game. He's going to be key for us the rest of this season and next year especially. He always had the hustle, but now he picks his spots a lot better and where he was a half step late in the past, he now seems to be on time more often than not. Really looking forward to watching his further development

well said, agree!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 10:00:08 PM »
Said it in the game thread but it bears repeating. He's looking like he did in hid high school hilight videos.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 10:05:44 PM »
I wish the best for the kid.

I hope he fills out his frame and just is a terror his last year at MU.

Unfortunately, injuries have plagued his three years here: today's turned ankle adds to it.

I cannot believe it's been a quick three years for him. I remember watching his CV team play at Washington HS in Fremont for a CCS playoff game.

Easy now. It hasn't even been 2.5 years yet. Lets not call it a quick 3 years til we see his conference play impact.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

brandx

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 11:37:43 PM »
There are times he reminds me of a poor man's Dennis Rodman except with more offense (and sanity).   He is just a glue guy that hustles and is everywhere.

I spit out a bit of scotch when the dufus color commentator said that Juan is not a good leaper but just an outside shooter...huh?

He has always had the motor...now he is putting it together and really showing improvement every game.  He could really be the guy that fills up a balanced stat sheet and really makes a difference and impact on the game.

I guess the terrible lob was JA's fault?

Has anyone else noticed some of Juan's quirks on the floor. Watch him closely when he runs down court to see what he does. It's when he doesn't have the ball in his hands and I've seen him do it several times the last couple games.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 07:15:10 AM »

When he said that, I turned to my wife and said "how the hell is he supposed to make that leap?" Absolutely stupid comment. Juan looks great this year, and is starting to develop into the player I hoped he could be. He is this year's Lockett, a great defender, quick hands, a bit of an outside shot, all I can say is...

...I'M REALLY GLAD HE DIDN'T TRANSFER!!!
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 07:49:29 AM »
Said it in the game thread but it bears repeating. He's looking like he did in hid high school hilight videos.

Could not agree more. Thought of that after he had the 2 steals. Sure it was Ball State, but still haven't seen Juan play like this. Very promising.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 09:08:39 AM »
Juan is doing the little things, the dirty work, the hustle plays (fill in next cliche), but good to see a Californian pulling his weight and playing strong.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 09:28:44 AM »
When he said that, I turned to my wife and said "how the hell is he supposed to make that leap?" Absolutely stupid comment. Juan looks great this year, and is starting to develop into the player I hoped he could be. He is this year's Lockett, a great defender, quick hands, a bit of an outside shot, all I can say is...

...I'M REALLY GLAD HE DIDN'T TRANSFER!!!

Exact same thing with me, brew. I told my wife, "Juan is a great leaper with a suspect shot, not the other way around. Bob Wenzel is a moron." And about a minute later I said, "I'm so glad he decided to come back to Marquette."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »
To me it looks like something has clicked on in Juan's brain. I know it was against an inferior team, but you can just see the confidence come out of him. Like he just discovered he is really good and wants to be the guy. Much less tentative the last couple of games. It's good because he is a the type of kid you can get behind and root for.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 12:56:56 PM »
Against uipui, Dawson entered the game and quickly committed a reaching foul.   Buzz called TO and was running toward JD to rip him a new one.  Juan jumped in front of Buzz, grabbed his shoulders, and effectively told Buzz - John's a smart kid, he knows he screwed up, calm down.  Buzz did calm down, but still took his opportunity to coach John during the TO.  Great leadership from a college kid, loved it.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2013, 01:04:11 PM »
Against uipui, Dawson entered the game and quickly committed a reaching foul.   Buzz called TO and was running toward JD to rip him a new one.  Juan jumped in front of Buzz, grabbed his shoulders, and effectively told Buzz - John's a smart kid, he knows he screwed up, calm down.  Buzz did calm down, but still took his opportunity to coach John during the TO.  Great leadership from a college kid, loved it.

Missed that.  Outstanding.  Juan is growing by leaps and bounds.  I look forward to his quiet leadership next year of an outstanding underclassman team.

john_cocktoasten

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2013, 01:46:15 PM »
The kid has octopus arms

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 02:21:26 PM »
The kid has octopus arms

Helps make up for his lack of leaping ability.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 02:24:44 PM »
The main difference between Anderson and Lockett?

At this stage of last season, the argument here was whether Lockett was an atrocious waste of a uniform or if he only kind of sucked.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2013, 02:27:18 PM »
The kid has octopus arms

Haha good description, this is all I'll think about whenever he gets steals from now on