Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz just said  (Read 9290 times)

tower912

• All American
Buzz just said
« on: December 11, 2013, 06:25:48 PM »
Jamil most important player on the team.   Need him on the floor.   His fouls must be good fouls. 
...on JWil playing all 5 positions.... he can.  He needs to.  How can we put Jamil in the best situation to help our team?  Jamil can play on the perimeter on O and guard the 4 on D, ......and then the feed cut out .
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: Buzz just said
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 06:30:44 PM »
Alright! sounds like my question got asked (though I'm not listening).

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 06:39:13 PM »
Also listening to Homer slurping De. Wilson big time. His woody for Derrick is almost like his woody for Rodgers. According to Homer, Derrick can take anybody to the rack. Hmmm...
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 06:39:24 PM »
Junior couldn't shoot either.  Defenders always went under the ball screen.   Other scorers on the team covered it up.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 06:40:40 PM »
Also listening to Homer slurping De. Wilson big time. His woody for Derrick is almost like his woody for Rodgers. According to Homer, Derrick can take anybody to the rack. Hmmm...

Buzz thinks so too.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 06:44:53 PM »
willie is smarter than Buzz.  Funnier, too. 

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 06:45:32 PM »
Will this be on a podcast later?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 06:51:21 PM »
Would like to play Chris 25 minutes at the 5.   Davante can 15 minutes at 5 and 12 minutes at 4, good balance.   But they have to guard.   Situational.   Defensively, there are certain matchups (Sam Dekker) that are difficult at the 4.     He's quick with the ball, but not with his feet or running down the floor.    Does not enjoy defense as much as he does offense.    Make it-take it...you want Davante on the team. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 06:52:06 PM »
Defense has been good (teamwise), the problem is on the offensive end.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 06:54:50 PM »
Buzz thinks so too.
What does Buzz think--of his Woody for Derrick or that he can beat anybody to the rack? If he can, then why doesn't he do it frequently?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 07:00:05 PM »
Deonte needs to play his man before his catch.  It isn't that he doesn't get it, it is that he is a second and a half late.    He needs to keep coming.    JuJuan had a really good day today.    Both freshmen can help us offensively.   They need to not be a liability defensively.     

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 07:02:05 PM »
Buzz's kid busting on dad...How come Joe (Embiid) didn't come?    Dad, did you recruit Wiggins?   Why not?   How about Jabari Parker?   Didn't he go to the same high school as Steve?       

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 07:09:26 PM »
Mental note .. there'll be a podcast/mp3 of this posted usually within 12 hours.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 07:12:44 PM »
Here's a synopsis from my notes:

First 15 minutes - stats and advertising

Next 5 minutes discussed Wisconsin game  Said Kaminsky 3 pointer was ballgame, had to foul after that.

John Dawson - good kid

Duane Wilson - good kid.  On a practice time limit, will give/look over the week.  I guess he doesn't play soon.

J. Wilson - has to be consistent, not happy with his fouls.  Will not play in first half with two fouls

D. Wilson - admitted when on offense, it is 4 on 5.  Need Derrick to drive to hoop, yet no mention of his 50% free throw percentage.  I was abit lost on this discussion and made no sense to me.

S. Taylor - not 100%, it is his quad injury.  Has not earned the right to start.  Wants him to rehab, why he hasn't is unknown.  Tricky question to Buzz and his answer because it was obvious Taylor wants to play, but Buzz wants him to rehab.  

D. Gardner - Playing at the #4 more this year, NOT happy with his defense.  

Otule - wants him tp play 25 minutes at center, he was exhausted playing 26 minutes.

D. Burton - A Player, "keep Coming" was his phrase towards Burton and obvious his favorite frosh.  Has to play his man before the catch.  defense.....

JJJ - perimeter player, but defense.......

Ended discussing Buzz's son and his son questioning him why they didn't recruit Wiggins, Embiid and Parker.  Buzz told his son, "No" and the son named Bubba whined.  Very good answer......  a little Willie Warrior.....

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 07:16:21 PM »
How can Otule be tired after 25min when he's been at been through at least boot camp 6 years straight?
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 07:35:18 PM »
How can Otule be tired after 25min when he's been at been through at least boot camp 6 years straight?

cardiovascular strength decreases with age  ;)

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 08:39:09 PM »
Sounds like Buzz' son Bubs is ready to join the board, bustin' on his old man everyday
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 08:53:31 PM »
Sounds like Buzz' son Bubs is ready to join the board, bustin' on his old man everyday

What makes you think he hasn't already?   ;)
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 09:08:25 PM »
Here's a synopsis from my notes:

First 15 minutes - stats and advertising

Next 5 minutes discussed Wisconsin game  Said Kaminsky 3 pointer was ballgame, had to foul after that.

John Dawson - good kid

Duane Wilson - good kid.  On a practice time limit, will give/look over the week.  I guess he doesn't play soon.

J. Wilson - has to be consistent, not happy with his fouls.  Will not play in first half with two fouls

D. Wilson - admitted when on offense, it is 4 on 5.  Need Derrick to drive to hoop, yet no mention of his 50% free throw percentage.  I was abit lost on this discussion and made no sense to me.

S. Taylor - not 100%, it is his quad injury.  Has not earned the right to start.  Wants him to rehab, why he hasn't is unknown.  Tricky question to Buzz and his answer because it was obvious Taylor wants to play, but Buzz wants him to rehab.  

D. Gardner - Playing at the #4 more this year, NOT happy with his defense.  

Otule - wants him tp play 25 minutes at center, he was exhausted playing 26 minutes.

D. Burton - A Player, "keep Coming" was his phrase towards Burton and obvious his favorite frosh.  Has to play his man before the catch.  defense.....

JJJ - perimeter player, but defense.......

Ended discussing Buzz's son and his son questioning him why they didn't recruit Wiggins, Embiid and Parker.  Buzz told his son, "No" and the son named Bubba whined.  Very good answer......  a little Willie Warrior.....

He said DuWil is cleared to play full time, but will be on a pitch count for this week.   I'm willing to bet we see him for a minute or two on Saturday
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 09:13:30 PM »
He said DuWil is cleared to play full time, but will be on a pitch count for this week.   I'm willing to bet we see him for a minute or two on Saturday

Weird. Never would've guessed that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

chapman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 10:33:03 PM »

Buzz thinks so too.

Not uncommon to pull for someone with little talent to do well when you yourself have no (playing) talent.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 11:16:55 PM »
What makes you think he hasn't already?   ;)

It all makes sense... Bubba is willie warrior... willie warrior is Bubba...

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2013, 06:30:51 AM »
Weird. Never would've guessed that.
The thing is Buzz said he was practicing on a pitch count before he had his full release. So he should be able to go longer than a minute or two. Set the guy free to see what he can do. We already know what Wilson and Thomas can do. And no, I am not saying play him 30 minutes, just give him more than a minute.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2013, 07:56:10 AM »
The thing is Buzz said he was practicing on a pitch count before he had his full release. So he should be able to go longer than a minute or two. Set the guy free to see what he can do. We already know what Wilson and Thomas can do. And no, I am not saying play him 30 minutes, just give him more than a minute.

Regardless of the competition, you don't throw a guy who's been out for two months into extended minutes in his first D1 basketball experience.  He should be treated no different than JJJ and Burton, when he makes mistakes, especially on the defensive end, pull him out, coach him up and then get him in the next time it makes sense.  Maybe 1 or 2 is restrictive, but at most I would play him 5.  Gotta work him in slow for both mental and physical reasons.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2013, 08:23:31 AM »

Not everyone has the same amount of endurance no matter how many boot camps they go through.

feedback