collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Illinois HS Basketball?  (Read 4018 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Illinois HS Basketball?
« on: December 10, 2013, 12:45:19 AM »
I just figured I could start a thread and see if anybody notices any under the radar recruits, wants to talk some trash when our respective High Schools play, predict State Champs, etc. 

I'll start OPRF #10 probably facing off against Simeon in the Pontiac tournament and I see us pulling off an upset Simeon is extremely small this year without a true center. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Illinois HS Basketball?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 01:13:25 AM »
Big men in high school are extremely overrated. Niles North made it to the sectional finals the last two years without a guy over 6'4" and their backup "big" was 6'. they also made it to the supersectionals in 2011 with their tallest guy being a 6'6" wing (Abdul Nader) definantly not a big man.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 01:31:51 AM »
Big men in high school are extremely overrated. Niles North made it to the sectional finals the last two years without a guy over 6'4" and their backup "big" was 6'. they also made it to the supersectionals in 2011 with their tallest guy being a 6'6" wing (Abdul Nader) definantly not a big man.

I'd agree with you but OPRF plays a zone so having a couple big men could stop all the slashers.  But I could see you being right seeing as i haven't been to an HS game since playing Fenwick in 2008 or 2009. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 01:39:00 AM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 04:34:47 PM »
I'd agree with you but OPRF plays a zone so having a couple big men could stop all the slashers.  But I could see you being right seeing as i haven't been to an HS game since playing Fenwick in 2008 or 2009. 

Yea, in my experience if you have really quick guards you can give teams fits. Just thinking of a couple of example, Wheaton North had a 6'11" kid and couldnt win a game in the state tourney. GBN had 6'8" Mcauliffe but teams constantly fronted him and the guards had a tough time getting him the ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 02:13:30 AM »
Yea, in my experience if you have really quick guards you can give teams fits. Just thinking of a couple of example, Wheaton North had a 6'11" kid and couldnt win a game in the state tourney. GBN had 6'8" Mcauliffe but teams constantly fronted him and the guards had a tough time getting him the ball.

Well neither of those teams are exactly huge college feeder programs challenging for the titles and what not.  i mean at simeon or young I feel a big man would be very well utilized. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Burlhaar

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 06:29:34 AM »
According to me, in this case a player who have some experience will be helpful.

We can get the best toms shoes online

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 01:18:20 AM »
My game of the weekend, Niles North vs. Deerfield. (maybe its just my bias, my dad coaches at NN) Supposed to tbe the two best teams in the CSL North. Niles North will be playing without their best player Duante Stephens but have talented underclassmen especially Sophomore Chrishawn Cook. Deerfield returned almost everybody and have a very good group of juniors. Should be a good one tomorrow. Oh and you can watch a lot of the games for free on...

http://www.highschoolcube.com/

Really awesome if you love Illinois High school sports or if you want to follow your alma mater.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 02:21:45 AM »
OPRF lost to Fenwick I'm gonna be hurting from that for awhile. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 04:48:53 PM »
Anybody following the Illinois State Tournament?  Come on I can't be only one who still cares about their HS Alma mater

Here's the 4A bracket:

http://www.ihsa.org/SportsActivities/BoysBasketball/StateSeriesInformationResults.aspx?url=/data/bkb/4pair.htm
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 04:58:17 PM »
Anybody following the Illinois State Tournament?  Come on I can't be only one who still cares about their HS Alma mater

Here's the 4A bracket:

http://www.ihsa.org/SportsActivities/BoysBasketball/StateSeriesInformationResults.aspx?url=/data/bkb/4pair.htm

Couldnt care less about my alma maters basketball team but hoping my dad can make it 4 straight regional titles. Won a sectional title in 2011 with Abdel Nader, who MU was on for awhile and lost in the sectional title game the past 2 years. Just noticed now actually that my school got moved down to 3A. probably a good thing for them.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:03:08 PM by esard2011 »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 11:45:57 PM »
Sticking to the superbar for awhile. No major upsets as far as I could see in the regional semis. Still have tomorrow though. Go Niles North.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 08:33:42 AM »
Sticking to the superbar for awhile. No major upsets as far as I could see in the regional semis. Still have tomorrow though. Go Niles North.

My school a 3 seed choked away an 11pt lead to a 14 seed lake park team.  We scored 4 points in the third quarter.  Well I'm done with basketball for the year.
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 09:00:41 AM »
My school a 3 seed choked away an 11pt lead to a 14 seed lake park team.  We scored 4 points in the third quarter.  Well I'm done with basketball for the year.

Thats rough. OPRF always has a pretty decent team. If it makes you feel any better Lake Park is always better then they are seeded. When Niles North went to the Super sectionals in 2011 that was their toughest game and that was in the regional semis.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 01:10:06 PM »
Sorry about that PP; more of a Fenwick fan, but like to see OPRF win every other game.

What the hell happened to Curie last night??  Losing to an under .500 DuSable?? From No. 2 in the country to 0-26 and out of the state tourney in a week.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 01:13:47 PM »
Sorry about that PP; more of a Fenwick fan, but like to see OPRF win every other game.

What the hell happened to Curie last night??  Losing to an under .500 DuSable?? From No. 2 in the country to 0-26 and out of the state tourney in a week.

Curie lost! I didnt even see that. The problem with all of those inner-city schools is poor coaching. CPS doesnt pay enough to attract good coaches. Cheaters never prosper.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:18:33 PM by esard2011 »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 08:26:27 PM »
Niles North wins.  The play Maine South for the 3rd straight year in the playoffs. NN won the last two years.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 11:09:04 PM »
Niles North wins.  The play Maine South for the 3rd straight year in the playoffs. NN won the last two years.

Like your signature line.  ;)

brandx

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 12:15:17 AM »
I hate high school basketball. Stuck up, arrogant, least humble group of humans I've ever met. I'm beyond thrilled that they haven't won a single game this year; the games they've won had to be forfeited, because of the players lived out of the district lines, missing it by a few houses.

It's simply beautiful.

Generalize much?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 01:34:17 PM »
I hate high school basketball. Stuck up, arrogant, least humble group of humans I've ever met. I'm beyond thrilled that they haven't won a single game this year; the games they've won had to be forfeited, because of the players lived out of the district lines, missing it by a few houses.

It's simply beautiful.

??? Odd post to say the least. Sounds like someone went off their meds...

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 03:46:05 PM »
For this to be a Wisconsin school site, we sure focus a lot on Illinois players. Let's focus more on our own, and maybe we can get more to stay home.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 03:54:28 PM »

It's simply beautiful.

By any chance are you related to a state representative in MN?

http://deadspin.com/this-man-is-a-state-representative-1540106215

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 04:23:07 PM »
For this to be a Wisconsin school site, we sure focus a lot on Illinois players. Let's focus more on our own, and maybe we can get more to stay home.

Most people that go to MU now are from Illinois.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 08:43:18 AM »
Most people that go to MU now are from Illinois.

Damn, if MU can't get hometown students, how the hell do we expect to get hometown star players. Such a misfortune.

feedback