Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Let Badger Hate week commence!!!  (Read 39576 times)

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
Re: Let Badger Hate week commence!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 09:34:09 PM »
When has it ever been their "Super Bowl"? We make a much bigger deal about this game than they do. UW's big games to them are against the Michigan St, Ohio St, and other big ten teams.

Hey, do Bucky fans call the Kohl Center a "stadium" as well? Thought you might know given your connection to the school.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 09:54:06 PM »
When has it ever been their "Super Bowl"? We make a much bigger deal about this game than they do. UW's big games to them are against the Michigan St, Ohio St, and other big ten teams.

I hear that every year and yet their actions defy this.  Go to their message boards right now, are there multiple threads about OSU hoops, MSU....there are about MU which is interesting.  To be frank it is neither team's Super Bowl, but it is for state bragging rights and a big game.  With recruiting battles getting more interesting over the years, it has only added to the game's meaning.

Personally, when I see them saying it's not that big a game afer they lose it, that speaks volumes.  It becomes comedic at that point. 

Wish I could say I felt confident for this upcoming game, but I don't.  Fun nevertheless.  Big game for us, big game for them.  Of course conference games are bigger, but this is one of the few games that the state pays attention.  Would love to see us win 3 of 4.

414mufan

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 10:15:28 PM »
Hey, do Bucky fans call the Kohl Center a "stadium" as well? Thought you might know given your connection to the school.

What connection would that be? The fact that I'm an MU Alum, but am not such a homer that I say stupid stuff to make me look like an idiot.

414mufan

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 10:18:16 PM »
I hear that every year and yet their actions defy this.  Go to their message boards right now, are there multiple threads about OSU hoops, MSU....there are about MU which is interesting.  To be frank it is neither team's Super Bowl, but it is for state bragging rights and a big game.  With recruiting battles getting more interesting over the years, it has only added to the game's meaning.

Personally, when I see them saying it's not that big a game afer they lose it, that speaks volumes.  It becomes comedic at that point. 

Wish I could say I felt confident for this upcoming game, but I don't.  Fun nevertheless.  Big game for us, big game for them.  Of course conference games are bigger, but this is one of the few games that the state pays attention.  Would love to see us win 3 of 4.

I totally agree. It's neither's Super Bowl, but a big game for both teams nonetheless. Both sides would be lying if they said it was not a big game. But like I said earlier and what you pointed out, conference games and especially rivals inside of the conference are a whole new level. This is just for state bragging rights.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2013, 06:26:17 AM »

This is definitely their biggest game. None of those other schools really hate them the way we do. In the past UW was always second to Notre Dame, maybe even behind Louisville and DePaul (when they were good). This is probably our biggest rivalry now too. But if you look at Fran, Swenson, and other guys that spend more time on basketball boards talking about Buzz and Marquette than they do their own team, you can see their hate runs deep.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 08:20:34 AM »
Awesome to see BBFranIdiot just get owned by fellow Badger fans for criticizing Buzz for his final timeout.  Badger fans defended Buzz by saying all coaches do that, including detailed examples of Bo doing the same.

BBFranIdiot also criticized Buzz for changing his outfit at half.  Stating its proof it's all about Buzz and not the his players.

BBFranIdiot got rightfully accused of having a BUzz hate agenda by his own fellow Badger fans.

I have said this before, there is NO way BBFranIdiot would ever say those things if he heard just one Buzz talk at the team banquet. 

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 08:23:56 AM »
No, im pretty sure that BBFran would still say those things.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013, 08:37:42 AM »
need more pelts.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2013, 09:18:08 AM »
Awesome to see BBFranIdiot just get owned by fellow Badger fans for criticizing Buzz for his final timeout.  Badger fans defended Buzz by saying all coaches do that, including detailed examples of Bo doing the same.

BBFranIdiot also criticized Buzz for changing his outfit at half.  Stating its proof it's all about Buzz and not the his players.

BBFranIdiot got rightfully accused of having a BUzz hate agenda by his own fellow Badger fans.

I have said this before, there is NO way BBFranIdiot would ever say those things if he heard just one Buzz talk at the team banquet. 

I didn't see where Fran said any of those things, a couple of other idiots did.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2013, 10:22:59 AM »
need more pelts.

Yep--the Badger pelt would be terrific, but our trapper would also need to discover Klondike gold to give us the luck we will need given the way we have been playing. Besides No Dick, the Badgers are the one team we need to whup ass on. Hope we nail that pelt.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2013, 10:35:54 AM »

You're not about your players if you don't keep your clothes on after they vomit on them.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2013, 11:02:48 AM »
I didn't see where Fran said any of those things, a couple of other idiots did.

Try here...

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/68350/Anyone-watch-MUSDSU-Wow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2013, 11:18:45 AM »

Big game for us, big game for them.  Of course conference games are bigger, but this is one of the few games that the state pays attention.  Would love to see us win 3 of 4.

If we win, it will be 3 straight and 5 of 7.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2013, 11:21:32 AM »
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good Milwaukee based viewing location that will be pro-MU and not crowded with Badger fans, outside of the obvious campus destinations?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2013, 11:26:05 AM »
If we win, it will be 3 straight and 5 of 7.

3 of 4 at the Kohl Hole though.  Don't have my hopes up, but that would be impressive.  We'd be able to give it the Bradley Center West nickname just to piss them off.

MUFan42

• Walk-On
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »
Wheres everyone going before game..I've heard wandos and nitty gritty. I'll be heading up with my pops. He supports both.. gets pissed that mu always plays second fiddle and being from milw will be supporting mu with me.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2013, 12:00:39 PM »
I'm just hoping that DG's bug doesn't slowly spread through the team.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2013, 12:02:33 PM »
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good Milwaukee based viewing location that will be pro-MU and not crowded with Badger fans, outside of the obvious campus destinations?

Your living room?

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2013, 12:19:31 PM »
hate to be Debbie Downer, but I don't see us staying within 10 points. We can't defend the three at all and can't shoot from outside 10 feet. Plus, Bo will start whining 20 minutes before tipoff and the refs will give them every call. We may play well, but winning in that dump is tough.

Bo's bull-headed refusal to play zone defense will help negate our outside shooting issues. We should be able to get in the paint against them. I think this game will come down to defense and rebounding for us.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2013, 12:23:30 PM »
Bo's bull-headed refusal to play zone defense will help negate our outside shooting issues. We should be able to get in the paint against them. I think this game will come down to defense and rebounding for us.

I think it largely comes down to how well we are shooting. If Jake, Todd, and Jamil are hitting their shots outside, we win. If not, it could be ugly because UW will be able to focus all their attention on protecting the paint. I expect either a close MU win or a Badger blowout.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2013, 12:28:28 PM »

Bo doesn't play zone, but his defense has a lot of "zonish" tendencies.  I don't blame him for not playing it.  Rarely are Wisconsin team's beat because the other team scores too much, but because Wisconsin doesn't score enough.

In the NCAA they held Marshall Henderson to 6/21 shooting...but UW only scored 21 second half points.

ATVSandKARATE

• Scholarship Player
  • Deflections!
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »
Let's hope Todd did all his homework this year
I have been thinking about you a lot since last weekend. A whole lot.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2013, 12:35:06 PM »

Try here...

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/68350/Anyone-watch-MUSDSU-Wow

Thanks.  Fran's father is shaking his head from on above.  I think most people there took Fran to the woodshed.  I've seen coaches, especially early in the season, call timeouts at the end of the games all the time to teach.  For as much basketball he claims to watch and have played, I'm jackwagoned that he would say he has never seen it, let alone from Bo.  Then to try and back pedal and claim a player called the timeout instead of the coach is ricockulous. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2013, 12:36:15 PM »
Bo doesn't play zone, but his defense has a lot of "zonish" tendencies.  I don't blame him for not playing it.  Rarely are Wisconsin team's beat because the other team scores too much, but because Wisconsin doesn't score enough.

In the NCAA they held Marshall Henderson to 6/21 shooting...but UW only scored 21 second half points.

To be fair, Henderson actually shot a lower percentage than 28.6% eight times during the season.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2013, 01:05:07 PM »

And his fellow badger fans call him out for what he is - a turd with an anti-Marquette agenda.   Well maybe they did not call him a turd.   

Thanks.  Fran's father is shaking his head from on above.  I think most people there took Fran to the woodshed.  I've seen coaches, especially early in the season, call timeouts at the end of the games all the time to teach.  For as much basketball he claims to watch and have played, I'm jackwagoned that he would say he has never seen it, let alone from Bo.  Then to try and back pedal and claim a player called the timeout instead of the coach is ricockulous.