[Today at 07:56:19 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: SDSU game thread  (Read 24467 times)

onetime

• Walk-On
Re: SDSU game thread
« Reply #400 on: December 01, 2013, 11:23:55 PM »
Simply can't miss that many bunnies and win. Frustrating.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #401 on: December 02, 2013, 12:04:01 AM »
If only the refs didn't force us to miss all those FTs.

If only the refs didn't force Jake to call timeout because he couldn't inbound the ball and then promptly turn it over for a SDSU layup coming out of the timeout.

If only the refs didn't force Jamil to call timeout because he got trapped in the corner and then promptly turn it over by traveling while receiving the inbound pass out of the timeout.

If only the refs didn't force Derrick to put up a triple-nada in the second half. And to get thrashed by the opposing PG most of the night.

If only the refs hadn't forced Jamil to mentally check out about 30 times tonight.

If only the refs hadn't forced Buzz to pull Burton out of the game when the kid was unstoppable.

If only the refs hadn't forced us to miss all but one of our 3-point attempts.

Damn refs. They killed us!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #402 on: December 02, 2013, 12:08:32 AM »
If only the refs didn't force us to miss all those FTs.

If only the refs didn't force Jake to call timeout because he couldn't inbound the ball and then promptly turn it over for a SDSU layup coming out of the timeout.

If only the refs didn't force Jamil to call timeout because he got trapped in the corner and then promptly turn it over by traveling while receiving the inbound pass out of the timeout.

If only the refs didn't force Derrick to put up a triple-nada in the second half. And to get thrashed by the opposing PG most of the night.

If only the refs hadn't forced Jamil to mentally check out about 30 times tonight.

If only the refs hadn't forced Buzz to pull Burton out of the game when the kid was unstoppable.

If only the refs hadn't forced us to miss all but one of our 3-point attempts.

Damn refs. They killed us!

We should have won the game regardless. Handing SDSU 4 points in a tie game didn't do us any favors, however. Billed like a neutral, played like a road.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Frantic

• Walk-On
« Reply #403 on: December 02, 2013, 12:10:15 AM »
Great game!  I've followed Marquette for years, and yes I know where Marquette is located.

Frankly some comments on here are disappointing.  Please give our team some credit.  We lost three starters and 70% of our offense from last year's team.  We are young and improving.

Marquette lost to a very good team tonight.  The Aztecs lead for 95% of the game.  And oh by the way, Marquette and Creighton were picked to finish #1 and #3 in the Big East.  The Aztecs beat both in three days.  Interesting stat: Fisher's Aztecs are now 97-0 when leading at the 5:00 mark; that stat is crazy.

And stop blaming the refs.  They were bad both ways.  Example: Josh Davis was not out of bounds when he stole the ball and was on the floor.

Good luck in the BE!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:18:23 AM by Frantic »

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #404 on: December 02, 2013, 12:11:45 AM »
One solution and one solution only:

WE NEED DUANE!  ::)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #405 on: December 02, 2013, 12:14:37 AM »
One solution and one solution only:

WE NEED DUANE!  ::)

I really hope you're kidding. Because if you're not, you should be kidding.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #406 on: December 02, 2013, 12:24:18 AM »
I really hope you're kidding. Because if you're not, you should be kidding.

Take a look at the rolling eyes....Yes I am kidding...haha...

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #407 on: December 02, 2013, 12:33:47 AM »
We should have won the game regardless. Handing SDSU 4 points in a tie game didn't do us any favors, however. Billed like a neutral, played like a road.

Regardless of the excuses, they beat us. I could give a sh## that "we should have won". If we should have won we would have. It's a loss, move on.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #408 on: December 02, 2013, 01:00:33 AM »
I think butler was better than asu and sdsu.  There is a lot of disrespect for San Diego state in this board right now, but I think they played harder than Marquette did throughout the game and that had as much to do with the outcome as anything. 

SDSU played hard, no doubt.  They're a quality team.  Thames killed us all night long

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #409 on: December 02, 2013, 01:02:27 AM »
Great game!  I've followed Marquette for years, and yes I know where Marquette is located.

Frankly some comments on here are disappointing.  Please give our team some credit.  We lost three starters and 70% of our offense from last year's team.  We are young and improving.

Marquette lost to a very good team tonight.  The Aztecs lead for 95% of the game.  And oh by the way, Marquette and Creighton were picked to finish #1 and #3 in the Big East.  The Aztecs beat both in three days.  Interesting stat: Fisher's Aztecs are now 97-0 when leading at the 5:00 mark; that stat is crazy.

And stop blaming the refs.  They were bad both ways.  Example: Josh Davis was not out of bounds when he stole the ball and was on the floor.

Good luck in the BE!

Congrats on the win. But please stop talking about Josh Davis at 11 minutes left in the 2nd half when two back-to-back calls in the waning minutes of the game could have been difference makers. SDSU is a good team as is MU. It didn't go our way. The refs didn't help (nor did any of the mental lapses MU made). You guys won. We'll live to play another day. I hope to see you in March.

Frantic

• Walk-On
« Reply #410 on: December 02, 2013, 09:10:47 AM »
Congrats on the win. But please stop talking about Josh Davis at 11 minutes left in the 2nd half when two back-to-back calls in the waning minutes of the game could have been difference makers. SDSU is a good team as is MU. It didn't go our way. The refs didn't help (nor did any of the mental lapses MU made). You guys won. We'll live to play another day. I hope to see you in March.

Agree the late turnover call at the 3:00 mark (when it actually hit off an Aztec foot) was awful.  Aztecs were up by 2 at the time.  It lead to an Aztec jump shot and we never looked back.  Yes, I expect both teams will make the Tourney. (The Davis call was at the 7:30 mark and it lead to a 4 point run by Creighton, which took the lead for the first time since the opening minutes.)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:17:26 AM by Frantic »

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #411 on: December 02, 2013, 09:15:11 AM »

Good luck in the BE!

It just doesn't sit well with me, because I felt the refs helped you guys out on Friday night against Creighton as well.  When you had the three point lead late and Creighton drove, the refs swallowed their whistle on everything, and normally that is the point in the game where they are tight with their whistle, especially when the trailing team is trying to score inside.

feedback