[Today at 11:59:16 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 11:34:29 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Belmont Beats UNC ... "UNCscoop's" worst fears realized!!!  (Read 2289 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Belmont Beats UNC ... "UNCscoop's" worst fears realized!!!
« on: November 18, 2013, 12:12:02 PM »
Belmont beats UNC on a late three

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-17/surprising-death-surprise

Tokoto misses the last shot of the game.

-------------------

Rumor has it that "UNCscoop" is melting down.  They are saying their worst fears have been realized, they back court is the worst since who knows when and they need a new starting five.

Oh, and their are concerns that they cannot win on national TV.

--------------------

Oh, and Indiana State beat ND.  

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400499978

And, what is really interesting is "NDscoop" is saying the same thing as "UNCscoop"

---------------------

I know ... shocking they would all think these things!!!

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:13:50 PM by Heisenberg »

TJ

• All American
Re: Belmont Beats UNC ... "UNCscoop's" worst fears realized!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 01:09:25 PM »
Did you actually look at any version of "UNCsoop" or "NDscoop"?  You're entire premise is incorrect... those schools fans are doing the exact same thing that you see here.

some UNC thread titles...
I'm ready for a coaching change
This could be a long season!
WORST 5 YEAR CAROLINA BBALL STRETCH OF MY LIFE
Free Throws!!
I Would Like to Officially Apply to be Head Coach
Where has our defense gone?
Fundamentally Unsound
AWFUL!!
Will we beat a top-25 team this year?
Downslope of a great coaching career

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1410

chapman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »
Does the possibly even more annoying high and mighty thread bandwagon about the "meltdowns" actually outnumber the meltdowns like it always does here?

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 02:23:03 PM »
They sure are ripping JP a new one!!!!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 03:34:40 PM »
They sure are ripping JP a new one!!!!

Well when you lose at home by 3 to a "lesser" team and your starting wing shoots 25% from the FT line, that's gonna happen.  Not completely unwarranted.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 03:40:41 PM »
but our "back court is the worst since who knows when"   

not really a meltdown....

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »
Heisenberg - Since I assume you are ripping the title of my post I have to respond.

I am NOT surprised or upset that MU lost to OSU.
The worst fear is not a loss.  The worst fear is that the guy designated as our starting Point Guard has exactly the skill set that he showed last year.  That is that he is good on defense but does not have the ability to run the team on offense.  I am concerned that Buzz has so little confidence in Dawson that he feels he can not help us in this current situation.  I am concerned that our other PG on the roster Duane W will be far enough behind due to injury that Buzz will feel he can not help us either. 

Just so you are ready, if we beat the our next opponent 55-25 everything will not be fine because we WON.  The Non-con season is about knowing what you have to work with.  Right now we have a serious problem at the most important position in college basketball and the results against high level competition are not pretty.     

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 05:24:38 PM »
Do I need to remind everyone that last year we lost to Florida by a million points and then lost to Green Bay.  Then on December 29 everyone here wrote off the season, we were NIT bound and the reason was we had a crappy point guard.  Sound familiar?

I learned nothing about Derrick Wilson at Saturday's game, and neither did anyone else.  All I see is the same crap that was posted after the Green Bay loss ... a year that we won the (real) BE and made the Elite 8.  That crap that was 100% wrong.

------------------------------

Good teams lose early season games.  Good teams look bad in early season games.  It happens.

While I have not visited "tOSUscoop" I'm sure they have plenty of threads about how they looked bad (because they did) and fortunately we were worse (because we were) and how they are going to finish fourth or fifth in the B1G unless they "get it in gear" (which they will should they continue to play like they did on Saturday).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:30:14 PM by Heisenberg »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 05:33:47 PM »
Do I need to remind everyone that last year we lost to Florida by a million points and then lost to Green Bay.  Then on December 29 everyone here wrote off the season, we were NIT bound and the reason was we had a crappy point guard.  Sound familiar?

I learned nothing about Derrick Wilson at Saturday's game, and neither did anyone else.  All I see is the same crap that was posted after the Green Bay loss ... a year that we won the (real) BE and made the Elite 8.  That crap that was 100% wrong.

------------------------------

Good teams lose early season games.  Good teams look bad in early season games.  It happens.

While I have not visited "tOSUscoop" I'm sure they have plenty of threads about how they looked bad (because they did) and fortunately we were worse (because we were) and how they are going to finish fourth or fifth in the B1G unless they "get it in gear" (which they will should they continue to play like they did on Saturday).

Yup, hopefully we can rebound from that.  Saturday's game was the worst game by some metrics in 6 decades, certainly in the Buzz era.  Flush it, start anew

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 05:59:24 PM »
Yup, hopefully we can rebound from that.  Saturday's game was the worst game by some metrics in 6 decades, certainly in the Buzz era.  Flush it, start anew

This.  The next game cannot get here sooner. 
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 06:49:58 PM »

I guess will find out on Monday against Arizona State though I guess I should not look past New Hampshire on Thursday. I'm hopeful as it wasn't Ohio States defense completely. We missed some open shots and a few easy lay ups. Our front line did not play that well either so we cannot blame the loss on our guard play entirely. What disturbed me the most is that the team seemed to give up in the last 15 minutes of the second half.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 08:34:59 AM »
I will be at the Arizona St game and I am expecting a loss, because it is the first road game. First road games are always tough. Also the last two seasons in Big East we were 9-0 at home and 5-4 on the road. That really shows the value of home court.

feedback