collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Indiana squeaks another one out tonight  (Read 7200 times)

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: Indiana squeaks another one out tonight
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 06:51:28 PM »
I'm not saying Chicos is victimless, but you, Jay Bee, Ners, and numerous others go way out of your way to troll him. All the IU stuff is ridiculous. Threads that have no real place here pop up solely to draw Chicos into an argument, then when he defends his position, people jump all over him.

I'd be very curious to see what happened if Indiana was banned as a topic from this site. I wonder who would have a tougher time with it...Chicos, or all those that live to engage in IU-fueled debates with him.

I think you paint with too broad a brush suggesting that threads pop up 'solely to draw Chicos into an argument.' Crean and I4 are brought up because he is a douche who used to coach at MU. Not suggesting Chico's unrelenting defense and others' desire to argue isn't at factor in some threads, but I would actually suggest the reality is those are the suggestion, not the rule. At this point, I view most Crean/I4 threads similar to Bo Ryan/UW-Madison threads.

Disclaimer: I'm not here as much as I used to be, so I don't have as good a handle on many of the individuals involved as I otherwise might.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2013, 10:22:56 PM »
I think you paint with too broad a brush suggesting that threads pop up 'solely to draw Chicos into an argument.' Crean and I4 are brought up because he is a douche who used to coach at MU. Not suggesting Chico's unrelenting defense and others' desire to argue isn't at factor in some threads, but I would actually suggest the reality is those are the suggestion, not the rule. At this point, I view most Crean/I4 threads similar to Bo Ryan/UW-Madison threads.

Disclaimer: I'm not here as much as I used to be, so I don't have as good a handle on many of the individuals involved as I otherwise might.

Makes you wonder where all the Arizona or USC threads over the years were since K.O. was a douche and used to coach Marquette.  LOL

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 06:59:25 PM »
Makes you wonder where all the Arizona or USC threads over the years were since K.O. was a douche and used to coach Marquette.  LOL

I don't think KO is a douche. He is acerbic. In the world of fighter pilots the acid test is would you want to sit down and crack a beer with someone. I think KO would be a great drinking buddy. I cannot in any way imagine anyone wanting to do that with Crean. Funny thing is, the Harbaughs might be entertaining but not Crean. 

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 08:17:54 PM »
I don't think KO is a douche. He is acerbic. In the world of fighter pilots the acid test is would you want to sit down and crack a beer with someone. I think KO would be a great drinking buddy. I cannot in any way imagine anyone wanting to do that with Crean. Funny thing is, the Harbaughs might be entertaining but not Crean. 

Knowing your Christian values, etc......I think if you knew you wouldn't say that about K.O, but that's merely my opinion.

Yes, he would be a great drinking buddy, no question.  I agree, no one would say that about Crean (or Buzz...doesn't drink). 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 09:04:35 PM »
Knowing your Christian values, etc......I think if you knew you wouldn't say that about K.O, but that's merely my opinion.

I don't think anyone on this board would condone KO's lifestyle. That said, Jesus hung out with hookers and boozers. He preferred their company to that of the self important, I'm better than them phonies of his day. But what did he know about being a Christian, right?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »

Yes, he would be a great drinking buddy, no question.  I agree, no one would say that about Crean (or Buzz...doesn't drink). 

I never met KO but I've seen his interviews and he strikes me as a real character (which is, of course, very different than saying he is a man of character. I have only heard suggestions here of his nocturnal hungers.

Let me say that some of the finest warriors I have known were probably not the best at controlling appetites but I trusted them implicitly to cover my six. The UCMJ is very clear on adultery, however, and I have had some quiet conversations over the past decade with a small number of men to cease and desist behaviors that were not compliant with the moral and ethical expectations of the United States Air Force. I always pointed out that if a man could not keep his word to his spouse how should his comrades view his commitments? But my only basis for having that conversation was the Air Force Core Values and not any personal beliefs.

At the end of the day I have always felt that people must make their own decisions and live their life accordingly. I leave the preaching to those who are so utterly convinced of the correctness of their way of thinking and insist on telling others how f#cked up they are. God knows there are already too many evangelists in this once great Republic, on both the left and the right.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 11:02:10 PM »
I don't think anyone on this board would condone KO's lifestyle. That said, Jesus hung out with hookers and boozers. He preferred their company to that of the self important, I'm better than them phonies of his day. But what did he know about being a Christian, right?

Jesus didn't do the hooking.....that's the difference.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 11:11:06 PM »
Jesus didn't do the hooking.....that's the difference.

And as usual, you miss the point.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2013, 03:27:50 AM »
Jesus hung out with hookers and boozers.

Jesus was an airline pilot??

Death on call

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 07:41:54 AM »
Jesus was an airline pilot??

Definitely an aviator. His Ascension was a thing to behold.