Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Great showing by the student section on Friday night.  (Read 18371 times)

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: Great showing by the student section on Friday night.
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2013, 05:05:20 PM »
...and don't forget to fill the air with rolls of toilet paper!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2013, 05:13:09 PM »
...and don't forget to fill the air with rolls of toilet paper!

Seriously, why did this stop?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2013, 05:40:11 PM »
Hey, I could be more productive by studying or doing homework but I choose to go to Marquette basketball games early because, one I dont wanna sit in the upper level with all the drunk kids and two I actually feel like the student section makes a difference.

Translation:  easier to pick up freshman girls.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2013, 05:47:16 PM »
Seriously, why did this stop?

The locks on the toilet paper holders are a lot harder to figure out these days, especially if you are hammered.
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2013, 05:48:59 PM »
The locks on the toilet paper holders are a lot harder to figure out these days, especially if you are hammered.

We brought them from the dorms, and now that I think about it, I think it stopped when I had to start paying for toilet paper.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2013, 08:01:42 PM »
What would the memo to students be for throwing of toilet paper rolls? Memo prediction contest?  ;D
Goal is National Championship

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2013, 08:08:58 PM »
Yeah, the few games that I go to a year, I cheer when we score, get loud when the other team has the ball or are shooting free throws. I'm just there to have fun, didn't know it was so complicated that we have to have organized cheers and stuff like that. I don't like thinking too much I guess.
MU15

414mufan

• Walk-On
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2013, 08:17:43 PM »
Hey everyone,

First time poster. I've been reading on here for quite sometime and decided to join. I graduated from MU 5 years ago and just moved back to Milwaukee. Excited to be back. My buddy got student tickets for the game on Saturday. I've talked to some people who are students, but they always show up just as the game is starting. SO my question is, does anybody know how early I should get there if I want to sit lower level in the student section?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2013, 08:24:21 PM »
Hey everyone,

First time poster. I've been reading on here for quite sometime and decided to join. I graduated from MU 5 years ago and just moved back to Milwaukee. Excited to be back. My buddy got student tickets for the game on Saturday. I've talked to some people who are students, but they always show up just as the game is starting. SO my question is, does anybody know how early I should get there if I want to sit lower level in the student section?

Well to give you sort of a refrence point I really wanna be in the first 3 rows so ill be there at 4 am. I would say no later then 7 for lower bowl to Ohio st.

414mufan

• Walk-On
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2013, 08:28:01 PM »
Well to give you sort of a refrence point I really wanna be in the first 3 rows so ill be there at 4 am. I would say no later then 7 for lower bowl to Ohio st.

Thank you. What time does the BC open their doors to get into the stadium?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2013, 08:29:13 PM »

For big games a hour and a half before tipoff so 10:30 for this one.

414mufan

• Walk-On
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2013, 08:33:30 PM »
For big games a hour and a half before tipoff so 10:30 for this one.

So really by 7 oclock just to get lower level seats even if they are one of the last rows in lower level? Some students said if you show up 2-3 hours before the game that should be good.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2013, 08:37:36 PM »
So really by 7 oclock just to get lower level seats even if they are one of the last rows in lower level? Some students said if you show up 2-3 hours before the game that should be good.

Really depends on the game. My judgement is a little skewed because I have never been higher then the 3rd row right behind the basket.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2013, 11:23:23 PM »
I LOVE the "Give Em Hell Buzz" idea. Current students! Make this happen
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2013, 11:49:47 PM »
The student section was awesome. Excited Frosh were pouring out of McCormick at 5:00 pm and by 5:30 pm the line at the BC was fairly long.  After the doors opened and the seats filled, the Eagle's Nest Superfans led '6th Man Boot Camp' so Frosh would know the cheers.  By game time, the kids had nearly filled the upper deck and 'I Believe' and the ticket toss, etc. went off perfectly.    

I contrast that showing with many of the season ticket holders who again couldn't be bothered to show up for a non conference opening game on Friday night or be in their seats when the championship banner got unveiled at 6:55 pm.  If you live within 100 miles of the BC and missed the game for anything other than an important family commitment...

And if you weren't there, I'd think long and hard before bitching about the students on scoop again.

That will come on Tuesday when it'll be less than half full.

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2013, 11:55:31 PM »
As a student for 4 years that actually cared about the product on the floor and not for jumping around like a dope or doing stupid chants the whole game I hated the Marquette cheer masters. Being able to watch the game without having to worry about that crap anymore is quite enjoyable IMO.

+1

I frankly don't care for them either. They carry themselves like they have some authority or that their position as "cheer master" actually means something. The fact that they did that jumbo-tron message really irked me. They're the last people that would get me motivated. Hahaha.

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2013, 11:58:44 PM »

Bull. I got to the Wisco Game last year forty minutes before the tip and got nice seats in the lower bowl. Sat in the other bleachers that are behind the band. it honestly changes from game to game. I'll be there about an hour, 1.5 hours before tip.

Sorry for not combining all those into one.

:D

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2013, 01:23:27 AM »
That will come on Tuesday when it'll be less than half full.

I was in the 400 section o my season ticket...and when it came to unveiling the flag my seat was on the side of the flag and blocked me from seeing it.
I do not think it was even on the scoreboard so I could see it...that ticked me off. I was looking around for 30 seconds trying to find out where it was and by the time I learned it was in section 403 or so I missed it.

I did see all the gold shirts in the upper deck and I liked how they at one time almost scared me out of my seat when one of the opposing players was on the free throw line and they jumped up all at once in perfect unison and it was impressive. I think the kid hit the free throw though...

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2013, 02:36:41 AM »
I LOVE the "Give Em Hell Buzz" idea. Current students! Make this happen

Ill try to bring up the idea at the Grambling game.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2013, 02:48:32 AM »
As a student for 4 years that actually cared about the product on the floor and not for jumping around like a dope or doing stupid chants the whole game I hated the Marquette cheer masters. Being able to watch the game without having to worry about that crap anymore is quite enjoyable IMO.

Then go to an NBA game, college is for fun people. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2013, 02:50:04 AM »
Hey, I could be more productive by studying or doing homework but I choose to go to Marquette basketball games early because, one I dont wanna sit in the upper level with all the drunk kids and two I actually feel like the student section makes a difference.

Hey don't hate on us drunk kids some of us get there super early! In fact I guarantee this drunk kid will be in line before you even, drunk from closing the Brat House or Buckheads and taking care of my munchies with some George Webbs but still there nonetheless.  

By the way is anyone bringing a foursquare ball like the ND game last year? Or should I pack one myself?  
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:54:23 AM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2013, 02:59:29 AM »
Hey don't hate on us drunk kids some of us get there super early! In fact I guarantee this drunk kid will be in line before you even, drunk from closing the Brat House or Buckheads and taking care of my munchies with some George Webbs but still there nonetheless.  

By the way is anyone bringing a foursquare ball like the ND game last year? Or should I pack one myself?  

That was so much fun. Didnt we roof one awhile back? I also think we brought catchphrase to the Madison game.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2013, 03:13:37 AM »
That was so much fun. Didnt we roof one awhile back? I also think we brought catchphrase to the Madison game.

I couldn't go super early to the Madison game last year because I was bouncing at Brothers was so disappointed.  I'll probably bring a foursquare ball just in case.  Judging by today's weather it'll be important to keep the blood flowing rather than sitting around. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

🏀

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2013, 07:40:47 AM »
Hey everyone,

This just reeks of Ohio State fan, BTW.

I'll never forget my senior year of high school, we had two middle-aged Arizona fans in 106. Awful game.

Salim Stoudamire was benched. Team still consisted of Channing Frye, Hassan Adams, Mustafa Shakur. MU missed a lot of threes if I recall correctly.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2013, 09:21:35 AM »

This just reeks of Ohio State fan, BTW.

I'll never forget my senior year of high school, we had two middle-aged Arizona fans in 106. Awful game.

Salim Stoudamire was benched. Team still consisted of Channing Frye, Hassan Adams, Mustafa Shakur. MU missed a lot of threes if I recall correctly.

Was that the year that Illinois had that 16 point comeback against them in the Elite 8?

feedback