'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Offensive Problems v. Southern  (Read 11199 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Offensive Problems v. Southern
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 11:11:44 AM »
Dekker had no interest in coming to MU.  It was never going to happen so it would have been a waste of time.

And I have no idea why you would want Koenig when MU signed Duane Wilson.  I think they got the PG that fits their system better.  Time will tell who actually is the better player however.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 11:14:04 AM »
Dekker had no interest in coming to MU.  It was never going to happen so it would have been a waste of time.

And I have no idea why you would want Koenig when MU signed Duane Wilson.  I think they got the PG that fits their system better.  Time will tell who actually is the better player however.

Was about to post the exact same thing.  I like what Wilson offers Marquette.  He just needs to get healthy.

Why would you want Koenig with Wilson...note that Koenig got exactly 1 minute in garbage time for UW on Friday.  Clearly not an option for a starting role at UW or MU this season.  I think we got the better player in Wilson.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 11:27:04 AM »
He disappointed me because as a point guard he did not create any offense for the rest of his teammates.  That is job number 1 of a pg.

I was not disappointed by Otule.  He didn't take any shots because he was fouled every time he got the ball.  He needs to make his FTs though.  but 0 shots and 8 FTs is solid for 16 minutes.  He also had a block and a steal and matched Devante for rebounds during that 16 minutes.  He did what he is suppose to.  Play solid defense (block and a steal) and not make mistakes on offense.  He hits 6 out of 8 FTs instead and he is one of the best players on the floor for the night.

I'll agree that Juan did struggle a bit.  I think the problem though is that he has an ill defined role on the team right now and doesn't have a pg to get him the ball in a position to score.  The TOs were a big issue.
I did not see the game, so my only question is who fed the ball to DG so that he got fouled 10 times while in the act of shooting?  Was Derrick not the guy on at least some of those post feeds?  Is that not creating offense?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 12:02:05 PM »
I did not see the game, so my only question is who fed the ball to DG so that he got fouled 10 times while in the act of shooting?  Was Derrick not the guy on at least some of those post feeds?  Is that not creating offense?

Honestly, I don't know how often he fed the post.  My recollection is that it was largely a team effort.  The only one in particular that I can remember feeding the post well was Jake.  Because he had an early nice feed that led to a score.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 01:14:21 PM »
Maybe this is a dumb question, but isn't it possible Buzz is telling derrick to play exactly this way? Play D, no turnovers, "manage the game". Sure, it'd be great if he was scoring dozens of points. But, even if he could, couldn't buzz be telling him to not try?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2013, 04:15:15 PM »

Derrick had at least a couple of those. Wilson's biggest problem is that he's such a different player than what we are accustomed to. When they were on, guys like Junior, Buycks, and James looked fantastic. But all three could also look very bad if they were off their game. With DeWil, I think we'll consistently get game-manager numbers. 3-7 points, 2-4 assists, but also 0-2 turnovers.

If we have consistent offense from the rest of the team and great defense, that can be enough. I don't imagine many people will ever be happy with Derrick. That doesn't mean we can't still achieve great success with him holding the reins.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2013, 04:21:46 PM »
For What it's worth-----We should been sitting on Sam Dekker's doorstep during recruiting. Also, Bronson Koenig should be a
WARRIOR! I like the Wisconsin players we have, but we blew it on these two. Luke Fischer isn't bad either.

IIRC, Dekker committed after his sophomore year to UW and there was no recruiting battle.   And Bronson Koenig is healthy and can't get off of the bench for more than a token minute, and that is only when the first and second string PG's were in foul trouble.   And then SJU started their run.   I will take the injured DuWilson.     And MU has commitments from a couple more Wisconsin natives in the pipeline. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2013, 04:35:45 PM »
And MU has commitments from a couple more Wisconsin natives

Cohen and who?

Death on call

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2013, 04:41:06 PM »

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2013, 04:41:22 PM »

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2013, 04:56:46 PM »
NICK NOSKOWIAK FROM SUN PRAIRIE. KOENIG WILL BE DARN GOOD NEXT YEAR. WILL BE SUPRISED IF HE
ISN'T.  WOULD TAKE A TRADITIONAL WHO MAKES THE PLAY RATHER THAN FLASH. NICK IS A HEADY PLAYER
WHO CAN DRAIN THE THREE.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 04:57:34 PM »
NICK NOSKOWIAK FROM SUN PRAIRIE. KOENIG WILL BE DARN GOOD NEXT YEAR. WILL BE SUPRISED IF HE
ISN'T.  WOULD TAKE A TRADITIONAL WHO MAKES THE PLAY RATHER THAN FLASH. NICK IS A HEADY PLAYER
WHO CAN DRAIN THE THREE.

This is the Earl Tatum-ist post ever.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2013, 05:15:02 PM »
WHO CAN DRAIN THE THREE.

Woo.....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2013, 05:22:10 PM »
WHO CAN DRAIN THE THREE.

THEN YOU MUST LOVE DEWILSON.   TRADITIONAL PG WHO MAKES THE PLAY.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2013, 05:25:05 PM »
THEN YOU MUST LOVE DEWILSON.   TRADITIONAL PG WHO MAKES THE PLAY.

HE'S TRADITIONAL...BUT NOT "TRADITIONAL"...IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2013, 05:26:52 PM »

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2013, 05:57:32 PM »
HE'S TRADITIONAL...BUT NOT "TRADITIONAL"...IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

I THINK I KNOW WHAT EARL TATUM IS ABOUT.   DON'T WORRY.  
 RIGHT NOW,  KOENIG HAS ONE MORE MINUTE THAN EVAN ANDERSON.   BK MAY BE GOOD IN 2 YEARS, BUT THAT HARDLY EQUALS SAVIOR STATUS.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:10:28 PM by tower912 »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2013, 06:22:36 PM »

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »
I hope Duane Wilson lives up to his hype. I know he's  good. Still like Koenig too. Nick is like Koenig.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2013, 07:33:53 PM »
My big get is Diamond Stone. Hope for a decent big man in 2014.
Have coffee with a bunch of Bucky rooters, P-them off when I wear my MU Gear.
GO WARRIORS!!!!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2013, 10:26:54 PM »
I hope Duane Wilson lives up to his hype. I know he's  good. Still like Koenig too. Nick is like Koenig.

The best thing Koenig could do is follow the Maymon plan.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2013, 10:32:15 PM »
WHO CAN DRAIN THE THREE.

Yes, because only a traditional can make plays without being exceedingly flashy and only "non-traditionals" are flashy guys who don't make plays.

And it goes without saying that only a traditional can be heady.

After all, it's difficult for a non-traditional to be heady when all he's thinking about is eatin' watermelon, singin' the blues and pickin' cotton.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2013, 07:34:59 AM »
Yes, because only a traditional can make plays without being exceedingly flashy and only "non-traditionals" are flashy guys who don't make plays.

And it goes without saying that only a traditional can be heady.

After all, it's difficult for a non-traditional to be heady when all he's thinking about is eatin' watermelon, singin' the blues and pickin' cotton.

Uh oh.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2013, 09:05:23 AM »
Back on topic, I thought 13 baskets in 40 min. was supposed to be a "meaningless" statistic. Besides, they were fouling us.

feedback