collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Majerus foundation donates $2M  (Read 1347 times)

ecc5051

• Walk-On
Majerus foundation donates $2M
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:20:23 PM »

By  Dana O'Neil | ESPN.com

Rick Majerus has been gone for nearly a year, but the former Utah and Saint Louis coach continues to make an impact.

The Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI) in Salt Lake City announced Wednesday that the Majerus Family Foundation will make a $2 million gift toward construction of a new Primary Children's and Families' Cancer Research Center.

Construction on the 220,000-square-foot expansion is expected to begin in 2014 and will double HCI's research capacity.

Majerus, who was Utah's coach from 1989 to 2004, was a founding member of the institute in 1995 and made frequent donations. The foundation was established prior to his death on Dec. 1, 2012.

"Rick and I were like brothers," HCI founder and principal benefactor Jon M. Huntsman said in a statement. "He was always a guiding light in building the Cancer Institute and never missed an opportunity to bring the University of Utah basketball team over to our research center or hospital to cheer on our progress and herald the progress we made."

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Majerus foundation donates $2M
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 10:31:25 PM »
Huntsman has had a controversial week, I'm sure he's happy to see this news.

Good for Rick's foundation and the beneficiaries.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 10:41:41 PM »
Superbar
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 10:44:51 PM »
By  Dana O'Neil | ESPN.com

Rick Majerus has been gone for nearly a year, but the former Utah and Saint Louis coach continues to make an impact.

OK, Dina.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 11:27:11 PM »
Speaking of donations, has CTC cut a check to the MU soccer program yet? He obviously saw the good things that were coming. I think he deserves the credit for the success of the program, but he's too humble to do that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter