Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond Stone  (Read 21267 times)

GoldenBoy16

• Walk-On
Diamond Stone
« on: November 02, 2013, 01:56:45 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 01:58:54 PM »
Done deal.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GoldenBoy16

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 02:07:14 PM »
Nope not a done deal but a good sign! But thank you for bringing your negativity into every single thread, we really appreciate it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 02:14:13 PM »
Nope not a done deal but a good sign! But thank you for bringing your negativity into every single thread, we really appreciate it.

?  You said it was a done deal.  He was just going through his recruitment to please his father.  Right?

Negativity into every thread?  Well, you're welcome, I guess.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

thehammock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 03:04:49 PM »
Goldenboy...any word on the '16 recruit?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 05:10:28 PM »
I like the prediction but how much weight can we put behind a recruiting insider who has less twitter followers than I do?  He has 1% of the followers of Jerry Mayer.  Has anyone ever heard of Matt Gravett before? 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

thehammock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 05:17:56 PM »
C'mon Lens...you got some eyes n ears over Stone's way. Whats the word?

GoldenBoy16

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 05:45:16 PM »
16 recruit said he may not announce because hes having some family issues.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 06:16:12 PM »
Done deal.

If Golden Boy ends up correct about Stone, I hope that you eat some well deserved crow. At the point that Diamond commits to MU, (assuming that that happens) saying that Golden Boy really didn't know and got lucky will be a cop out, IMHO.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 06:26:56 PM »
If Golden Boy ends up correct about Stone, I hope that you eat some well deserved crow. At the point that Diamond commits to MU, (assuming that that happens) saying that Golden Boy really didn't know and got lucky will be a cop out, IMHO.

So you really think Stone has his mind already made up?

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 06:29:00 PM »
So you really think Stone has his mind already made up?

No, or he would announce.  But, that doesn't mean that MU couldn't be a strong leader for him right now.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 06:43:29 PM »
One prediction a year early means nothing. While I think we're at least in decent shape, this recruitment won't mean much until Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas get involved. Then we'll know how solidly we are in there. Nothing wrong with hoping for Stone, but thinking that this has the slightest bit of meaning is just silly.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 08:12:06 PM »
I'd love to get Stone...but let's remember how well predictions work out.  A few days ago, most people (outside of Madison, at least) were pretty sure Looney would be committed to Duke by now....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 09:03:31 PM »
I hope that young Mr. Stone makes the choice that is in his best interest.   I have my opinion of where I think that is.   But whatever his choice is, good luck. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 11:25:44 PM »
I'd love to get Stone...but let's remember how well predictions work out.  A few days ago, most people (outside of Madison, at least) were pretty sure Looney would be committed to Duke by now....

As almost everyone involved has said, Looney's decision followed a very unusual path.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 06:55:52 AM »
Sure did, but makin' a bad decision was not an option. Just some better than others and a lot to take into consideration. I can divulge that Kevon's choice was not solidified until Wednesday night. Kept goin' back and forth between Duke, Florida, Tennessee, and UCLA.
I give Steve Alford a lot of credit. He absolutely sold Looney on UCLA during his official visit. Alford comes across to most as rather pompous, but, I'm told, is really down to earth and a good family man. It's a new beginnin' with Kevon the focal point of his first recruitin' class. Great school, great campus, great facilities, great tradition. It's all good and of the 6 finals for Kevon's services, I think he made a terrific choice to help prepare for the next level. I, and others  ;), expect him to play only one season of college ball before declaring for the Association. Yes folks, he's that good.
BTW, I'm thinkin' 'bout providin' Kevon with Chicos' cell number just in case he needs a good home cooked meal from time to time.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 09:16:19 AM »
[quote author=4everwarriors link=topic=40336.msg526701

BTW, I'm thinkin' 'bout providin' Kevon with Chicos' cell number just in case he needs a good home cooked meal from time to time.
[/quote]

better be sure kevon likes crow first.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 10:02:43 AM »
Sure did, but makin' a bad decision was not an option. Just some better than others and a lot to take into consideration. I can divulge that Kevon's choice was not solidified until Wednesday night. Kept goin' back and forth between Duke, Florida, Tennessee, and UCLA.
I give Steve Alford a lot of credit. He absolutely sold Looney on UCLA during his official visit. Alford comes across to most as rather pompous, but, I'm told, is really down to earth and a good family man. It's a new beginnin' with Kevon the focal point of his first recruitin' class. Great school, great campus, great facilities, great tradition. It's all good and of the 6 finals for Kevon's services, I think he made a terrific choice to help prepare for the next level. I, and others  ;), expect him to play only one season of college ball before declaring for the Association. Yes folks, he's that good.

Kevon is welcome anytime. With my wife's German blood and both her parents from Wisconsin, we have plenty of Wisconsin type home cooked grub here.   :D

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 11:51:58 AM »
I give Steve Alford a lot of credit. He absolutely sold Looney on UCLA during his official visit. Alford comes across to most as rather pompous, but, I'm told, is really down to earth and a good family man.

Doc, you are dead wrong. The world's expert on everything, Mr Sultan, has a very different opinion of Steve Alford. Let's face it - Sultan knows better than one of the nation's most storied basketball programs which entrusted its future to Mr Alford. Sultan knows better than UCLA. Hell, Sultan knows better than everyone.

Death on call

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 11:57:42 AM »
Doc, you are dead wrong. The world's expert on everything, Mr Sultan, has a very different opinion of Steve Alford. Let's face it - Sultan knows better than one of the nation's most storied basketball programs which entrusted its future to Mr Alford. Sultan knows better than UCLA. Hell, Sultan knows better than everyone.

That's some aggressive passive aggressiveness.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 12:00:51 PM »
I feel like that Kevon's usage rate as a freshman may be only 19%. Diamond I will go with 24%.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 12:03:08 PM »
Kevon is welcome anytime. With my wife's German blood and both her parents from Wisconsin, we have plenty of Wisconsin type home cooked grub here.   :D

You guys packin' some extra pounds, der hey?

Death on call

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 12:34:33 PM »
That's some aggressive passive aggressiveness.

Just a wee bit obsessive.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 12:56:05 PM »
You guys packin' some extra pounds, der hey?

Doing ok, actually.  I'm down 15 from about 2 years ago.  Lots of exercise and stress will do that.   ;)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 01:00:06 PM »
Just a wee bit obsessive.

LOL...I wasn't even posting in this thread too.  But I have decided to change my sig in honor of keefe.

feedback