Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [PaintTouches]Shayok commits to Marquette, bigs still on the radar  (Read 17754 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: [PaintTouches]Shayok commits to Marquette, bigs still on the radar
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 09:30:57 AM »
Bigs still on the radar.....

That is going to be the name of my new band.   Describes MU perfectly for much of the last 25 years (with some exceptions)

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2013, 09:31:12 AM »
It will be interesting to see where McKay ends up.  I just can't understand where he can go and get playing time this year.  Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to stay and redshirt if he wanted to get solid minutes for two years?  Maybe, that wasn't an option due to the 2015 scholarship situation.

The way I understand it - with him being enrolled at MU, he can't play this year or first semester next year after transferring.  His only chance to play 2 full seasons is at MU.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 09:39:40 AM »
Interesting that the article says Buzz plans on signing 2 bigs
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 11:35:39 AM »

That is going to be the name of my new band.   Describes MU perfectly for much of the last 25 years (with some exceptions)
Chicos--how dare you blaspheme.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 11:47:51 AM »
Especially given the Tory Miller news.

What news is that?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2013, 11:49:15 AM »
What news is that?

Pretty much a Colorado lean.  Even Mark Miller posted that prediction on 247.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2013, 11:49:51 AM »
What news is that?
Major Colorado lean

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 11:58:07 AM »

"Chico and the Misfits". Music that brings you back to those fabulous 50s. Chico as lead singer/songwriter and lead guitar, Hoop and 84 sing harmonies, Willie bangs on the (same old ) drum. I smell platinum.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2013, 11:58:54 AM »

Pretty much a Colorado lean.  Even Mark Miller posted that prediction on 247.

Too bad.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2013, 01:07:45 PM »
"Chico and the Misfits". Music that brings you back to those fabulous 50s. Chico as lead singer/songwriter and lead guitar, Hoop and 84 sing harmonies, Willie bangs on the (same old ) drum. I smell platinum.
No Lenny, you have it wrong. With McKay sliding out, Buzz bangs out the same old drum with bigs. Durley, Mbao, Roseboro, Williams, and so on. But I am still confident that at some point Buzz will land a quality big stud.  The others mentioned above were not wanted or were not studs.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2013, 01:07:53 PM »
Pierce is visiting PITT today and is a lean towards them.  

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2013, 01:15:44 PM »
No Lenny, you have it wrong. With McKay sliding out, Buzz bangs out the same old drum with bigs. Durley, Mbao, Roseboro, Williams, and so on. But I am still confident that at some point Buzz will land a quality big stud.  The others mentioned above were not wanted or were not studs.

willie, the next time you post an original thought will be the first time since you started bitching about bigs. When was that? Oh yeah...your third post over 5 years ago.

I sure hope we win today, but do not see it happening based on our prior two BE road games.

It seems like the same thing the past few years. We play a cupcake schedule the first half of the year against mostly patsies, all at home, which does nothing to prepare us for league play. In addition, we haven't had any inside game for about 5 years. Having 6 rotating guards with  absolutely nobody to compete with the bigs of the other BE just gets us killed by those type of teams.

When will Crean get two quality big men to play on the floor at the same time, so that we do not get mrdered by the other big teams?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2013, 01:31:23 PM »
Pierce is visiting PITT today and is a lean towards them.  
There is at least one dissenting opinion on where Pierce is headed.  Plus, I heard he was visiting MU later this month.

http://247sports.com/Player/Satchel-Pierce-31850/PlayerInstitutionPredictions

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2013, 01:33:49 PM »
There is at least one dissenting opinion on where Pierce is headed.  Plus, I heard he was visiting MU later this month.

http://247sports.com/Player/Satchel-Pierce-31850/PlayerInstitutionPredictions

I'll be interested to see where Pierce stands come Tuesday or Wednesday. If he gets out of Pitt without a commit, we could be in good shape. But until the Pitt visit is done coupled with a confirmed date to visit MU, I won't be getting too psyched up.

And even with Miller, it looks like despite him not committing early to CU and visiting us last, we are still likely to miss out.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2013, 01:50:36 PM »
Does anyone think Jameel's departure had anything to do with a big man recruit coming that is still unannounced?

Wally Schroeder

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2013, 02:02:22 PM »
Does anyone think Jameel's departure had anything to do with a big man recruit coming that is still unannounced?

Nope - a combination of all the reported / speculated reasons. If Cliff Alexander and Okafor all of a sudden decided they couldn't live without Marquette, that would be great, but that ain't happening.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 02:02:43 PM »

I guess we can expect Jahlil Okafor or Myles Turner to commit any day now then huh?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2013, 03:08:25 PM »
I'll be interested to see where Pierce stands come Tuesday or Wednesday. If he gets out of Pitt without a commit, we could be in good shape. But until the Pitt visit is done coupled with a confirmed date to visit MU, I won't be getting too psyched up.

And even with Miller, it looks like despite him not committing early to CU and visiting us last, we are still likely to miss out.
There is no reason for him to ciommit right away to Pitt. I do not think Pitt has any commitments at all, so it is not like he has to worry about Pitt running out of scholarships.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2013, 03:38:05 PM »
There is no reason for him to ciommit right away to Pitt. I do not think Pitt has any commitments at all, so it is not like he has to worry about Pitt running out of scholarships.

There was no rush for Burton, Duane Wilson, Nick Noskowiak, or Philip Flory to commit to Marquette, yet they all did. These schools work hard to get guys to commit as soon as possible because they know there's a chance of losing them. Just because he doesn't have to commit doesn't mean Jamie Dixon and his staff won't be doing everything in their power to ensure he does sooner rather than later.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2013, 03:51:01 PM »
My thoughts exactly, not exactly "news".  

Doubt Strotty at your own risk.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2013, 04:20:21 PM »
willie, the next time you post an original thought will be the first time since you started bitching about bigs. When was that? Oh yeah...your third post over 5 years ago.

Holy sheet that is great!!
Almost 6 years Willie--keep it up!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2013, 04:24:11 PM »

Thank you Brew. I have long been impressed by your original thoughts which I am sure have served you well throughout your life.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2013, 04:29:22 PM »

You must have lots of time on your hands to search back 5 years to see what I said. Sad to say that I would not waste the same amount of time on you. Hope you have fun reading about 2000 plus posts. Sounds like a bureaucrat.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2013, 04:48:48 PM »
You must have lots of time on your hands to search back 5 years to see what I said. Sad to say that I would not waste the same amount of time on you. Hope you have fun reading about 2000 plus posts. Sounds like a bureaucrat.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that he didn't search through all your posts.  He probably went to your posts, went back to the beginning, and started reading there.  It wouldn't have taken long to get to your third post.  In fact, I just did the same thing to see how long it would take (less than 30 seconds) and realized that maybe brewcity77 was a little generous.  Your second post on scoop (three days earlier): "Getting Killed underneath. Barro is useless. Abysmal shooting. Remind anybody of MSU last year. This is atrocious."  I think that could fairly be characterized as "bitching about bigs."

At least your first post, "WHAT A JOKE!" was positive...or not.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:51:21 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2013, 05:38:35 PM »

No.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback